2,084 results
All reviews the concierge lounge top floor nice hotel corner room self park within walking distance fitness center lobby bar space needle pike place market per day parking garage great room few blocks downtown area pioneer square puget sound
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We arrived after a long drive and there was no place for our car and for a long time no valet to help us. We were half in the street with traffic struggling around us until we were finally directed to drive around the corner and squeeze into a spot on a very steep street. We then carried our bags to the hotel, had difficulty getting through the doors with them and checked in. Although the room was on the highway we were not bothered by the noise, the room was quite nice and large enough, our breakfast was ample and well prepared. THe room was relatively expensive and our arrived badly handled.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mpeders
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you so much for a staying with us and your comments.
I am sorry that check in did not go as it should have. We had a couple of days in March were we had a staffing issue with our valets and I do apologize for that. We have fixed the problem and are fully staffed now. I am glad you liked your room and hope you will back on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The lobby is nice, but sets you up for a big disappointment when you see your room. The metal door opens to a poorly lit room with very loud traffic sounds... So loud, I was certain the window was left open, but amazed to discover it closed.

The beds are firm with little cushion and quite springy - Each time you move the bed will shimmy back and forth like an old Cadillac with a broken suspension. It even sometimes made squeaking noises from the compression of the springs, and I'm only 200 lbs.

At night (or more importantly) early morning, the lighting is inadequate until the sun comes up. Don't get me wrong, there are several fixtures (suitable for moving around), but even when they are all on, there is not enough light to look over your clothes in preparation for the day.

The TV was very small for the viewing distance. Parking was $40+ per night. The thermostat would only cool to 65. Housekeeping also apparently does not check the alarm clock in their cleaning routine - I was awoken at 4 AM from where the previous person set it.

I admit to nitpicking. In singularity, most of these items are excusable...But when considered together add up to a disappointing stay. I feel cheated. All in all an 'ok' hotel if your expectations are low - Certainly not what the pictures show or what I would expect at this star level.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a high room opposite the highway, but they might ignore your request as they did to me.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 907REVIEWS

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and for your feedback.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would have hoped. We are in the process to replace all the windows on the eastside of the building that overlook the highway. In addition we start a complete guestroom reservation this fall.

We do value you as a guest and please to not hesitate to contact me directly when your plans bring you back to Seattle.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This hotel looks modern, clean, and well appointed. Rooms are large, beds comfortable, bathrooms have everything you need. Staff was attentive to their tasks, but not personable. Housekeeping did a great job making up my room, attentive to detail, and I felt my belongs were safe. The noise from the freeway was distinctive and made sleeping difficult. Next time I would bring earplugs. Nice property that is very well maintained with an efficient staff.

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the waterfront.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank calguyCalifonria
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you very much for the opportunity to serve you and your comments.
I am glad to hear that you liked your stay overall and your great comment about our bed and comfort of the room overall is appreciated.
We do understand the noise issue on the freeway side and the good news is that we are in the process of replacing all the windows on the east side of the building. So the odds are great that on your next trip to Seattle the issue will be resolved.

Again thank you and we look forward to have you back.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We were so pleasantly surprised with a great upgraded room and generous amenity. We are platinum this year and there was availability so the rooms controller was not stingy! They called it a mini suite, but it was larger than that. The young lady who checked us in was very nice and very friendly. (sorry, I didin't get her name-but her long hair did cover her nameplate).
You know how it is, you check in KNOWING that a "given" hotel is half full at best and they give you the most minimal of upgrades, if at all. Anna and her staff were also awesome. The concierge lounge is very comfy with the typical breakfast Marriott offers, only the eggs weren't rubber! There were brownies and cheese/crackers in the evening with reasonably priced wine/drinks.
We had a lovely stay albeit short. Thank you, Anna, thank you Renaissance. We will return if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vicky-McG
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Vicky,
thank you very much for the opportunity to be your host and for the great review.
We do appreciate that you took the time to comment about our staff and service.
We do ho hope you comme back to Seattle and look forward to serve you again.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I just completed six days in this Seattle hotel. The experience was pleasant, although there are some caveats.

Arrival:
I arrived on a Sunday morning from the east coast. As is normal for west coast hotels, rooms are seldom available for those of us who travel across the country and arrive, according the clock, only two hours after we left. The folks at the front desk stored my bags and provided me with a key to the Club Lounge to chill until my room was ready. An hour or so later I was escorted from the Lounge to my corner room.

Room:
This is an older hotel that was recently upgraded. My corner room was fairly current, yet the room lay out is certainly older hotel. The king sized bed filled the bedroom with no room for a dresser. This was solved with window bench seating around the windows; an interesting, fun touch. Beneath the seats were drawers that served well. There is also a bureau in hall.

Of note are extension cords under each night stand. This is very thoughtful considering many people must travel with CPAP devices. I usually have to move the mattress to (hopefully) discover an outlet.

The bath is okay - clean but nothing special. Toiletries are a small step above average quality. Linens are in good condition.

The living room has a nice desk with plenty of electrical outlets topside. The couch is not comfortable, but might be a hide-a-bed (I did not check). The TVs (BR and LR) are older flat panels, but work well.

Restaurants:
Breakfast has two offerings - the Club Lounge and the main restaurant, Maxwell's. The CL offers eggs, sausage, toast, fruit, toast, oatmeal, etc. The food is fine - not special, but certainly worth the trip to the 26th (?) floor. Breakfast at Maxwell's is via menu or buffet. I trolled the buffet and was well satisfied.

Lunch at Maxwell's was also a buffet; well worth the $16 price if in a hurry.

The 28th floor restaurant was visited once for dinner. The menu was limited but the food more than acceptable. Take your phone flash light with you - this place is so dark reading the menu is impossible without your own illumination.

Cautions:
As others have noted, you are heavily penalized for parking a car in this part of Seattle. The Renaissance will set you back almost $50 (including tax) for a night of storage. If flying, just take the train or cab from SEA.

Hills, hills, and more steep hills. Comparing these walks to the waterfront with those in San Francisco is fair - and perhaps more steep. Most people who walk trek to the wharf to dine on seafood (Elliot's is my favorite) take a cab back up the hill. Seriously. Not impossible, but nearly so if not properly shod.

Ratings:
Staff/Service 4+ of 5
Room 3 of 5
Cleanliness 5 of 5
Food 3 of 5

Summary:
This is a fine hotel worth the visit. Skip the car if possible and use the train or cabs. Sample the many good restaurants in this section of Seattle.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PkFloydLvr2014
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you very much for your visit and great review.
I do appreciate your detailed account of your stay and considering that you spend a week in the hotel you had great things to say about our staff. and service.
We are indeed a little bit older than most hotels but continuously upgrade our facility. We just finished the health club and we are getting great reviews from our regular customers. Next we renovate the lobby and all of or public restroom and in the fall we will start with our guestrooms.

Again thank you for your nice comments and we look forward of having you back.