“Very Nice”

Ranked #47 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Owatonna, Minnesota
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just a very nice place. We stayed here while at a conference and although the conference room was freezing cold, the accommodations were very nice. The staff was very good. I thought the lobby and bar furniture looked a little tired, nice styling but tired. It looks like it either wasn't great quality or it just took it's toll.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for the opportunity to have you as our guest.
I am glad you did enjoy your stay and especially our staff.

We look forward to have you back on your next visit to Seattle.

Rene Neidhart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
VICT
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great location, very central and an easy walk to everything in the downtown area, Pike Place, shopping etc! Very friendly and helpful staff, rooms clean and comfortable. A very special thanks to Fefita (?) at the front desk, she was super friendly and went out of her way to help me with recommendations for tours and restaurants, pointed me in the right direction for everything. As for some of the reviews noting the freeway noise, there is some noise, but, all in all, when you stay in any downtown hotel anywhere you are going to get noise. I'm from a big city so am used to it. All in all I would recommend this hotel for the friendly staff, great location and also ease of access when driving into Seattle!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and your nice review.
We appreciate your comments about our staff and service.
As I mentioned before we are replacing all windows on the eastside with new
windows that reduce the noise level.
We appreciate your recommendation and I will personally thank Fefita for a well done job.

Vancouver
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We recently stayed two nights at the Renaissance. The first night, we were given a room on the 8th floor facing the highway, and it was unbelievably noisy for such a hotel where you'd expect better sound-proofing. The noise did not let up through the night and we were unable to sleep, and I ended up calling in the early morning hours to see if we could get a room change the next day. The girl gave us no apology whatsoever, told us to call back in the morning. I called again in the morning with the same experience, and was told we should come back to the hotel between 2-4 pm to see if we could get a room change as they would be assigning rooms at that time. Again, no apology, and no effort to try to help us, which I thought was below average customer service for such a hotel.

We walked back to the hotel at around 3 pm to request a room change and this time had better luck. We were originally given a room on the same side of the hotel but higher up, but she then offered to talk with her manager who gave us a bigger room on the 21st floor facing 5th avenue with double-glass windows for better sound-proofing, which was an upgrade from our regular room. Friendly service this time around, and the room was quiet and spacious and much more comfortable. We had a great second night with their comfortable bedding.

Overall, I would give them a 3-star rating based on the first night on the 8th floor, and a 5-star rating based on the second night on the 21st floor facing 5th avenue.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room with double-glass windows, with preference for higher floors not facing the hig...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aeruginosa
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and your feedback.
I am sorry that we did not have a quiet room for you the first night and for the lack of empathy from my employee. I will address this issue with my front service team.
We are in the process of installing new windows on the east side of the building. The feedback we are getting from our guests that have stayed in those rooms is very positive.

Again thank you for your nice comments and we hope you will be back on your next visit to Settle.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Good things- I got a room on the north side of the 25th floor, very nice view. Very easy walk to Pike/Pine corridor.

Bad things- Highway 5 noise. Bed felt a little too broken in. Flat uncomfortable pillows.

Awful- the bathroom door! It was not a door, it was a sliding "privacy screen" made from frosted glass. It does not lay flush with the wall, so you have no privacy. I had to run the shower to use the restroom. I joked with my husband that if we hadn't been married so long I would have had to go down to the lobby.

Overall, it was fine because I got a good rate on Priceline. If I paid full price I'd be annoyed.

Room Tip: You'll probably be able to see the space needle in a room on the north side, but the west side w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FiveAlive
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and your feedback.
We generally do not get a comment about highway noise on the north side of the building.
I am sorry about that.
The sliding glass doors, are in general well received as they give more room to move around than a traditional door.

We do appreciate your feedback and hope you will be back to our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have a few criteria when I book a hotel, one of the top ones is free wifi in the room. Unfortunately, despite all the trappings of an upmarket hotel, the Renaissance Seattle doesn't provide this basic amenity. I was convinced that I had checked this when I booked so I asked reception, they told me that the wifi was free in reception but not in the rooms. Seems like false advertising to say there is free wifi to me!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mary C
Dear Mary,
Thank you for your business and your comments.
Most full service Marriott and Renaissance hotels do charge for the internet access in hotel rooms while offering it complimentary in the public areas. Providing high speed internet to hotel rooms is very expensive for hotels and we offer the service free for our elite reward members and our regular guests.

Again thank you and I hope you will return to visit us on your next trip to Seattle.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel to attend a Conference (CEIA Conference) and being my first visit to Seattle, had to admit that the staff were the highlight of this hotel. Right from the time I entered the hotel, all the staff including the door-staff, reception, room service, and all others were exceptionally courteous and friendly and you feel like being attended with a warm hospitality. I still could see the smiling face of Mr. Kirk, who delivered food to my Room (Room 2003) on to occasion and his service and attitude was commendable, very friendly staff the hotel management should be proud of. The room cleaning staff were also very friendly and always possess smiling faces. The Maxwell Café staff were also very professional and ready to assist; even though the food was not that good; especially the only two meat dishes for breakfast was Pork and the hotel management should consider adding a non-pork meat item to the menu. Mr. John who was at the front door welcoming guests, was very helpful in guiding me to shopping areas, landmarks, etc and his suggestions saved me a lot of time. Overall the stay was great, except for my last day's (5th day in a row) stay the charge was around $ 400+ and they were not willing to provide any discount despite I was a guest for 4 days.

My overall rating of this hotel is great and response of room service was great and I received all the requested items in no time, especially newspapers, additional coffee packs, etc.

Thanks to all the hotel staff and I will definitely stay in Renaissance, if visiting Seattle again.

Regards

Sunil

Room Tip: My room was on the rear side of the hotel with a good view of the waterfront.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you so much for attending the CEIA conference and your great review.
We do appreciate your detailed comments about our service and will look in to your suggestion of adding a none pork item to our breakfast line up.
Again thank you so much and I hope you will be able to come back to visit us.

Northern Ireland
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Its nice when you return to a hotel after raising some points to discover they have been resolved. The previous gym was too small and busy, they have now opened a new one which is much larger and better - great job. The internet was poor before, which they have also upgraded to a much better service however they are still charging for internet! Its 2014, this is crazy!
Rooms are fairly decent, some have traffic noise issues but I understand this is being resolved soon. Breakfast and food is good, as is the happy hour on the top floor bar.
Concierge staff and valet staff are always smiling and helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get high and opposite site of highway to avoid noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for coming back and staying with us again.
I am so glad that you like our improvements to the gym and the increased high speed internet.
While we understand the cost concerns related to our services these improvements are expensive.
We continue to upgrade our hotel with new windows on the east side to reduce the noise level and we hope you enjoy our new look in the lobby when you come back again.

Best regards