“Solid choice in Seattle”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Seattle
“Solid choice in Seattle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here recently to get some work done without distractions. The room was comfortable, reasonably sized, clean and had a comfortable lounge chair to do hours of work in. Parking was reasonable when you consider it is downtown. The staff I dealt with was helpful and pleasant. One thing that baffled me was charging for wi-fi. They wanted something like $12 to use the internet in the room. When I called down to the front desk, they told me the rates and said if I came down to the main area it is apparently free. I don't understand the discrepancy. Seems like if you are paying to stay in the hotel and use the water, lights etc., wi-fi should be included. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend it. Location is good for Seattle.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Leslie,
Thank you so much for staying with us and your nice comments about our hotel and staff.
Most full service brand hotels charge for the internet because of the additional costs and not everyone that stays in a hotel uses internet. It is more like parking a service that is offered but expensive for the hotel to provide.

I hope you will stay with us again on your next mini vacation in the city.

Rene Neidhart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gold Beach, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I did not stay here at this hotel while in Seattle, but I did spend a few days here for a conference. It's way too busy of an environment for me. The hotel I did stay at was a far enough distance from that life style. The meeting spaces were large. I liked the design of the place though the carpet is absolutely terrible. I thought the place popped with color and was very open. The furniture seemed well used, but were still comfortable. It was a bummer that the B level restrooms were under construction and that there aren't any restrooms on the lobby level. There were lines for the women's restroom on the 2nd and 3rd floor constantly. The front staff and valet were very friendly and helpful. Though the male housekeeping staff that cleaned the conference rooms between sessions were rude and seemed to not care. The elevators made me feel uneasy compared to others I have been in. I felt like I was still on the elevator when I wasn't anymore.
Thank you for the hospitality. It was all in all a great experience.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MeganRae47
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for attending the conference at our hotel.
I am sorry that the bathrooms were closed for renovation, but every so often we need to update the facilities and make them look fresh and new.
I appreciate your comments about the lobby. We like our new concept as well.

I do hope that the next time you do come to Seattle that you have an opportunity to stay with us.

Penticton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Hotel staff very friendly, we were there for a conference for a week the biggest issue was the internet, very poor for business travellers.
Curtains and furniture could use a change out, otherwise very nice place.

2 Thank Duckie660
Thank you so much for your business and your comments.
I do appreciate your overall review but I am a little bit surprised about your internet problem.
We have 100 megabits of band with available and will double it to 200 by mid year. 100 is the required band with by Marriott.
I am sorry you had problems with your computer but I can assure you this is an isolated case.

Again thank you for staying with us and I hope you will be back soon.

Owatonna, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just a very nice place. We stayed here while at a conference and although the conference room was freezing cold, the accommodations were very nice. The staff was very good. I thought the lobby and bar furniture looked a little tired, nice styling but tired. It looks like it either wasn't great quality or it just took it's toll.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for the opportunity to have you as our guest.
I am glad you did enjoy your stay and especially our staff.

We look forward to have you back on your next visit to Seattle.

VICT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great location, very central and an easy walk to everything in the downtown area, Pike Place, shopping etc! Very friendly and helpful staff, rooms clean and comfortable. A very special thanks to Fefita (?) at the front desk, she was super friendly and went out of her way to help me with recommendations for tours and restaurants, pointed me in the right direction for everything. As for some of the reviews noting the freeway noise, there is some noise, but, all in all, when you stay in any downtown hotel anywhere you are going to get noise. I'm from a big city so am used to it. All in all I would recommend this hotel for the friendly staff, great location and also ease of access when driving into Seattle!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and your nice review.
We appreciate your comments about our staff and service.
As I mentioned before we are replacing all windows on the eastside with new
windows that reduce the noise level.
We appreciate your recommendation and I will personally thank Fefita for a well done job.

Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We recently stayed two nights at the Renaissance. The first night, we were given a room on the 8th floor facing the highway, and it was unbelievably noisy for such a hotel where you'd expect better sound-proofing. The noise did not let up through the night and we were unable to sleep, and I ended up calling in the early morning hours to see if we could get a room change the next day. The girl gave us no apology whatsoever, told us to call back in the morning. I called again in the morning with the same experience, and was told we should come back to the hotel between 2-4 pm to see if we could get a room change as they would be assigning rooms at that time. Again, no apology, and no effort to try to help us, which I thought was below average customer service for such a hotel.

We walked back to the hotel at around 3 pm to request a room change and this time had better luck. We were originally given a room on the same side of the hotel but higher up, but she then offered to talk with her manager who gave us a bigger room on the 21st floor facing 5th avenue with double-glass windows for better sound-proofing, which was an upgrade from our regular room. Friendly service this time around, and the room was quiet and spacious and much more comfortable. We had a great second night with their comfortable bedding.

Overall, I would give them a 3-star rating based on the first night on the 8th floor, and a 5-star rating based on the second night on the 21st floor facing 5th avenue.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room with double-glass windows, with preference for higher floors not facing the hig...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aeruginosa
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and your feedback.
I am sorry that we did not have a quiet room for you the first night and for the lack of empathy from my employee. I will address this issue with my front service team.
We are in the process of installing new windows on the east side of the building. The feedback we are getting from our guests that have stayed in those rooms is very positive.

Again thank you for your nice comments and we hope you will be back on your next visit to Settle.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Good things- I got a room on the north side of the 25th floor, very nice view. Very easy walk to Pike/Pine corridor.

Bad things- Highway 5 noise. Bed felt a little too broken in. Flat uncomfortable pillows.

Awful- the bathroom door! It was not a door, it was a sliding "privacy screen" made from frosted glass. It does not lay flush with the wall, so you have no privacy. I had to run the shower to use the restroom. I joked with my husband that if we hadn't been married so long I would have had to go down to the lobby.

Overall, it was fine because I got a good rate on Priceline. If I paid full price I'd be annoyed.

Room Tip: You'll probably be able to see the space needle in a room on the north side, but the west side w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FiveAlive
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and your feedback.
We generally do not get a comment about highway noise on the north side of the building.
I am sorry about that.
The sliding glass doors, are in general well received as they give more room to move around than a traditional door.

We do appreciate your feedback and hope you will be back to our hotel.