“You need good ear plugs!”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #47 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Combloux, France
“You need good ear plugs!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were on the 22nd floor but the external sound insulation was so poor that we felt like we were next to the highway. While the air conditioning drowned out the external noise, it did so because it itself was very noisy. Otherwise, the hotel was okay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RASHFORD740
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for your business and your feedback.
I am glad you liked your overall stay, but I am concerned about your comments regarding the windows. We are in the process of replacing all eastside facing windows. This will eliminate the noise level substantially , and improve the overall experience.

I am sorry about the discomfort you may have experienced and look forward to have you back when the new windows are installed.

Rene Neidhart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Great location and fantastic view, especially above the 10th floor. The breakfast buffet wasn't cheap at $19 in the weekdays, but what a feast, even have-it-your-way omelet. A hotel van have the best fscilities and have the best food etc, but without great service and personale it's nothing. Everybody was very helpful without being sticky, and that is what makes it one of my best hotel experiences so far.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you as our guest and your great review.
We agree with you that in the end the service makes all the difference.
I will share your nice comments with my management team and staff.

We do hope you have another opportunity to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my 3 night stay here. The room was large and bed was comfortable. Also like the reading lounge area and TV area downstairs in the lobby near the bar. Although it was at the top of the hill, I found walking down to the shopping and tourist areas easy and just caught a taxi back. Am curious to know what the seismic button does in the elevator, but it is earthquake country. Would easily stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your business and your great review.
I am so glad you enjoyed your three days with us. We designed the hotel to make it comfortable and enjoyable to sit and read and just relax after a busy day of activities in the city.
I am pleased to learn that we were able to offer you a great stay.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I got a room for less than all the other comparable hotels on price-line was the $ value was very good. The hotel is what you would expect from a standard 5* a cafe and restaurant on premises, centrally located in Seattle. It is on the high part so walking into the centre is down hill, the trudge back can be an effort. All the staff were very helpful from the front door through to the check in, and cafe/restaurant. Even the room service ladies had a smile whenever I came across one. The rooms are clean, and offer all the standards. I was on the highway side so there was a little road noise but it was not overbearing. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Go for a room overlooking the city and water, it is further from the highway which is on the entranc...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Geoff,

Thank you so much for staying with us and your nice review.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the services we offer.
We do appreciate your comments and please be back real soon.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently put in a bid on a room in Seattle through Priceline.com name your own price. I got a four star hotel room for a very reasonable price of 100.00. The Renaissance is in fact fancy at least parts of it are. The lobby is stunning! The mirrored elevators are fancy. The fact that the hotel is twenty some odd stories is very fancy, but our room was not fancy. It looked a bit dusty. There were no linings in the waste baskets and smearing kind of marks on the desk. I wondered if this is one of the rooms for specifically for priceline cheap scapes. It was also very expensive to stay in our bargain room. There were bottles of water in the room for three bucks a piece. No free breakfast. The room service fees were outrageous. The cost of the meal plus tax plus three dollars and an 18% gratuity. Parking in the garage cost $44.00 per night or valet parking for even more. Even a charge for wireless internet.... So all in all it still cost me a fortune to be kind of fancy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Journeyman,
Thank you very much for the opportunity to have you as our guest.
I can assure you that we do not have any "priceline rooms". There is no way that we or any other hotel for that matter could do that even if we wanted to. It would be to difficult to pull this off.
Having said that you made a few good points.
1. None of our waste basket have liners. this is consistent throughout the Renaissance brand.
2. Parking. parking fees in Seattle are expensive, this is partially due to the high real estate costs and partially due to the 22% parking tax that is included ion the $44 rate. We are very competitive in our rates with comparable hotels.
3. The cost of water and internet. All these offers come with considerable costs to us.
4. The markings on the desk are scratches and we will starting to replace them in late November.

I do hope this answers a few of your questions and we look forward to have you back.

Spokane, WA
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our 1.5 year old son the first weekend in May. I had won this hotel on a Priceline bid and ended up paying $95.00 +tax per night. If I had to pay much more than that I would have been slightly disappointed.

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Seattle, a short walk to shopping and various dining options. The train station to get to the airport is about a 10 minute walk away which, was convenient since we were traveling sans car. The lobby of hotel is well appointed and appears to have been recently renovated. The staff seemed friendly and attentive in the limited interactions we had with them. Upon check-in the attendant informed us that she upgraded our room to one that was slightly larger. This was a pleasant surprise given that we booked via Priceline.

The room was located on the 21st floor, on the Southeast corner of the building. Our views spanned from Capitol Hill. Southbound I-5 and peek-a-boo views of South Puget Sound. As other reviewers have stated the noise from the traffic from I-5 is quite loud, even on the 21st floor. It wasn't enough to prevent any of us from sleeping (think more white noise sounds) but, I could see how it could pose a problem for some. The room itself was clean and quite large. It was a suite-type set up given that the bedroom was separated from the common area. It was clean but, definitely showing a little wear and tear. One complaint would be that the bathroom door was a pocket-door that did not fully close, offering little privacy. The bedroom door didn't close properly and seemed like it had been poorly repaired.

Overall this was a good location and the room offered what we were looking for. I would stay here again if I was able to get a good rate via Priceline or another platform. I would never pay full price for this hotel which I believe was around $179.00/night at the time I booked.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sarahlynae
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for the opportunity to be your host on your weekend trip to Seattle.
We do appreciate your comments and would like you to know that we continuously improve the facilities. This year we will replace all the guest room windows on the eastside of the building with new soundproof windows. Later in the year we start our guest room renovation with new furniture and carpet.

Again thank you and we look forward to have you back.

Nanaimo, BC
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel on a trip to Seattle. I had booked through Priceline so got a good deal. We arrived about 12:30 to check in and were given our room early - really lovely staff member at the front desk who checked us in and no mention of Priceline. we were put on the 20th floor, comfortable double beds, facing the highway but no noise at all. Free wifi in the lobby - too bad it is not in the room - did not want to pay the $12.95. Really nice lobby with comfy chairs to sit in to pick up the wifi and the water jugs in the lobby were a plus! We had a bite to eat and drinks in the lobby bar/restaurant - they have $6.00 deals each day - appetizers were good! The only negative about the hotel would be that it is a bit of a walk to the downtown core or Pike Street Market.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hi there,
thank you so much for staying with us while in Seattle.
We appreciate your business and your great comments about our service.
Whenever possible we provide access to our rooms early, regardless of the booking channels.
Of course when we have a lot of people checking out late such as on weekends the rooms can not be available at noon. In your case you were lucky and we were happy to let you check in early.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Seattle.