Renaissance Seattle Hotel
US$319
US$219
Priceline
1,996 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungetop floornice hotelroad noisecorner roomself parkfitness centerwithin walking distancespace needlelobby barpike placeper dayparking garagefew blocksgreat roomdowntown areapioneer square
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were on the 22nd floor but the external sound insulation was so poor that we felt like we were next to the highway. While the air conditioning drowned out the external noise, it did so because it itself was very noisy. Otherwise, the hotel was okay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RASHFORD740
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for your business and your feedback.
I am glad you liked your overall stay, but I am concerned about your comments regarding the windows. We are in the process of replacing all eastside facing windows. This will eliminate the noise level substantially , and improve the overall experience.

I am sorry about the discomfort you may have experienced and look forward to have you back when the new windows are installed.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great location and fantastic view, especially above the 10th floor. The breakfast buffet wasn't cheap at $19 in the weekdays, but what a feast, even have-it-your-way omelet. A hotel van have the best fscilities and have the best food etc, but without great service and personale it's nothing. Everybody was very helpful without being sticky, and that is what makes it one of my best hotel experiences so far.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you as our guest and your great review.
We agree with you that in the end the service makes all the difference.
I will share your nice comments with my management team and staff.

We do hope you have another opportunity to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I enjoyed my 3 night stay here. The room was large and bed was comfortable. Also like the reading lounge area and TV area downstairs in the lobby near the bar. Although it was at the top of the hill, I found walking down to the shopping and tourist areas easy and just caught a taxi back. Am curious to know what the seismic button does in the elevator, but it is earthquake country. Would easily stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your business and your great review.
I am so glad you enjoyed your three days with us. We designed the hotel to make it comfortable and enjoyable to sit and read and just relax after a busy day of activities in the city.
I am pleased to learn that we were able to offer you a great stay.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I got a room for less than all the other comparable hotels on price-line was the $ value was very good. The hotel is what you would expect from a standard 5* a cafe and restaurant on premises, centrally located in Seattle. It is on the high part so walking into the centre is down hill, the trudge back can be an effort. All the staff were very helpful from the front door through to the check in, and cafe/restaurant. Even the room service ladies had a smile whenever I came across one. The rooms are clean, and offer all the standards. I was on the highway side so there was a little road noise but it was not overbearing. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Go for a room overlooking the city and water, it is further from the highway which is on the entrance side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Geoff,

Thank you so much for staying with us and your nice review.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the services we offer.
We do appreciate your comments and please be back real soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently put in a bid on a room in Seattle through Priceline.com name your own price. I got a four star hotel room for a very reasonable price of 100.00. The Renaissance is in fact fancy at least parts of it are. The lobby is stunning! The mirrored elevators are fancy. The fact that the hotel is twenty some odd stories is very fancy, but our room was not fancy. It looked a bit dusty. There were no linings in the waste baskets and smearing kind of marks on the desk. I wondered if this is one of the rooms for specifically for priceline cheap scapes. It was also very expensive to stay in our bargain room. There were bottles of water in the room for three bucks a piece. No free breakfast. The room service fees were outrageous. The cost of the meal plus tax plus three dollars and an 18% gratuity. Parking in the garage cost $44.00 per night or valet parking for even more. Even a charge for wireless internet.... So all in all it still cost me a fortune to be kind of fancy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Journeyman,
Thank you very much for the opportunity to have you as our guest.
I can assure you that we do not have any "priceline rooms". There is no way that we or any other hotel for that matter could do that even if we wanted to. It would be to difficult to pull this off.
Having said that you made a few good points.
1. None of our waste basket have liners. this is consistent throughout the Renaissance brand.
2. Parking. parking fees in Seattle are expensive, this is partially due to the high real estate costs and partially due to the 22% parking tax that is included ion the $44 rate. We are very competitive in our rates with comparable hotels.
3. The cost of water and internet. All these offers come with considerable costs to us.
4. The markings on the desk are scratches and we will starting to replace them in late November.

I do hope this answers a few of your questions and we look forward to have you back.