“Pleasantly surprised.”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #50 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I had my initial doubts after reading the reviews about this hotel. I am very particular about the hotels that I stay in. A decent hotel is part of a great vacation. I can't complain about the property being outdated one bit. Its a nice big hotel with about maybe 20 stories. Maybe we got an upgrade I am not sure. Our room was pretty modern and it meets my expectations. It was also spacious enough for my expectations. We got a room that was facing i guess the south side, directly facing another building. We can hear some noise from the freeway but it was not bothersome. Don't remember exactly what floor we were on but def one of the higher ones. Parking sucks. There is free parking on sunday right on the bridge next to the hotel if you can find a spot. On other days, i would recommend a parking lot a block or two across the bridge. I don't remember exactly but maybe it was around 10 dollars a day. Def beats the price of street parking and paying the hotel rate. I would def park in the private lots if you are trying to save a few bucks. Location is great. It is near everything! Maybe like a 5 min drive to Pike's market and maybe less than 10 min drive to the space needle. Location is hard to beat. I wouldn't hesitate to stay hear again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear John,

Thank you so much for your business and your great review.
I am glad you liked our hotel and our service.
While parking is free on Sundays, indoor parking in Seattle is very expensive, and since most of the tourist locations are in walking distance it is properly cheaper to leave the car at the hotel and walk or take the monorail.

Again thank you and we look forward to have you back.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Nice place for a short visit. We stayed on a high floor and had an excellent view of the city. The hotel is situated a fair walk from the city center so we ate at Maxwells, on site and weren't impressed with food there. No chowder available as was shown on the menu and crab cakes with pineapple salsa came with no salsa, just lettuce leaves. Hotel very good apart from this.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Dianne,

Thank you so much fort opportunity to be your host during your visit to Seattle.
I am glad you had a great stay. At the same time I am disappointed that we did not have the calm chowder while you were here as well for the mishap with the crab cakes. I have reviewed your comments with my Kitchen team to insure we have all the menu items available.

I am sorry about this but I hope it will not deter you from coming back to stay with us on your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

First time Seattle visitor and we found the Renaissance to be perfectly situated near the waterfront, Pike Market and the stadiums. Friendly, cheerful staff answered all our questions and went out of their way to give helpful tips and advice for getting around and things to do. Our room was spacious and comfortable. And, I loved the Aveda products in the bathroom! Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Dear Lori,

Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you as our guest.
We appreciate your kind words about our staff and look forward to have back real soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Nothing great, nothing bad, So So But the Renaissance Hotel Brand once stood to be a top notch hotel brand. I have seen this Marriott Brand go down hill over the last 5 years and many of the locations including this one shows wear. Price is high for the value. Don't walk the area at night by yourself, Little sketchy.. Seattle has a tremendous amount of homeless folks panning the streets at all hours for money. This is not good for the local business folks trying to drive guest into downtown..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MyAstonMartin

Thank you much for staying with us and your review.
I am sorry you were not totally satisfied with your stay. Seattle like any major cities has its fair share of homeless people. We are working with the city on this problem. Our hotel is planning a major redo of our guest rooms this fall to update our image.

Again thank you for your comments and I hope you will be back on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here with my husband for one night for a "staycation". The location is great, close to Capital Hill and downtown. We walked to dinner and easily took inexpensive cab/Uber rides to our other destinations. The outside has scaffolding on it, but the inside was all very new and updated. The room showed a little bit of wear and tear but nothing that affected our stay. We were on the 15th floor and had a great view of the mountains, stadiums, sky line, Puget Sound and Lake Union. Beautiful corner room. Staff was all very helpful and polite. Complaints: I told my husband I was only hoping for 3 things out of our night away from the kids - relative quiet, a comfy bed and black out shades. Two out of three I got. The bed was comfy, the room was quiet but the curtains did not block the light. Summer in Seattle means we woke up at 5am with the sun. Would really have appreciated better curtains in the bedroom. We also we to the R Bar on the 28th floor. We were told it would be open until midnight. At 1030 we were told to finish our beers, it was last call, they then began shutting down around us and turning people away. It was a minor thing but it made us feel rushed and like we were inconveniencing them. Overall, I would recommend the hotel to others coming to Seattle and looking for a downtown location.

Room Tip: corner room was junior suite with outside sitting room
1  Thank Lauren E

Thank you so much Lauren for staying with us and your great feedback.

I m sorry that we were not able to meet all your needs. I have addressed your comments about the bar and curtains with my team to make sure we rectify these issues immediately.
I hope we will have another opportunity for your next staycation in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Christina welcomed us very warmly at the front desk. Our room was beautiful. The breakfast buffet was very impressive, especially the wonderful omelette station. Make sure to get directions to avoid some of Seattle hills getting to and from the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the non-expressway side of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your business and your great feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and your stay.

Looking forward to have come again real soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Close proximity to train station, Pier 66 and Pikes Market. Currently undergoing a facelift on the exterior... Their was not a bit of noise that interrupted our stay from the construction, as we were there on a Friday night only.
Nice happy hour upstairs in the lounge on the 28th floor.. As always the customer service was wonderfully ... The Marriott Experience!!
Used this as a pre cruise hotel...

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up away from the freeway... Sun sets are lovely... North facing rooms might ge...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you so much for your business and your review.

We appreciate your nice comments about our staff and service.
The scaffolding you referred to will start to disappear by next week once the painting of the outside of the building is finished. At that point we will be done with all touch ups and upgrades until the end of the year.

Thank you again and please come back on your next visit to Seattle.