“Great location, clean, and comfortable”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #50 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here and loved it! Original price is out of my range, but we got a good deal. It felt very luxurious, everything was clean. Staff were very polite and nice. The bathroom nice, clean, and even had a lovely big mirror that doesn't fog up.

The location is wonderful, just a quick walk takes you to Pike Place Market. You could go to the Market for breakfast, then back to the hotel to drop off goodies/digest/rest, and then return, and not feel tired. If you are eager to walk, a person can walk to other sites from here, like the EMP or the Chihuly exhibit. We did this walk a couple times and it was pleasant. We also managed to walk from our Quick Shuttle bus drop-off to the hotel. This is all to say that from this hotel, you can easily walk to several destinations, or at least take a quick transit ride, if you don't feel up to walking or want to go further afield.

My only complaint is not really one that interfered with our comfort. It was that the mini fridge is within a cabinet type thing. This makes the warm air that is being expelled from the fridge stay trapped in the cabinet, so the cabinet gets very hot, and the fridge works extra to keep the contents cold in its warm surroundings. As I said, this didn't affect our comfort, but is seems kind of senseless and extremely energy inefficient. It's not like the fridge is so unsightly that it cannot be in the room without a cabinet covering it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VinnyFredo
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Vinny,

Tank you so much for the opportunity to have you stay with us.
I do appreciate your nice comments about our hotel and service.
While the location is just steps away from the downtown core it is perfect for people like you that like to have a view.

Again thank you and I hope you will be back soon.

Rene Neidhart

Write a ReviewReviews (1,941)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for almost 2 weeks and loved it here. It's one of the few Marriott properties in the area with self-park as well as valet, and it's located right off I-5. I enjoyed the Club Lounge (being a Platinum Member). The R View Restaurant on the top floor has a great view and very good food, and I enjoyed the lobby lounge as well. I also enjoyed weekend brunch at Maxwell's. My room was on the 23rd floor, facing the water, so I didn't hear any traffic on I-5, much less anything else! I had a working in-room safe, nice wooden closets with cubby holes galore, a nice-sized bathroom, and a great comfortable bed. The front desk staff are wonderful, friendly, and very accommodating.

I only have a couple of issues/caveats with this hotel:
- There are no onsite washer/dryer facilities. I'm not sure how this is even possible in this day in age , because almost every hotel I stay at has at least 1 or 2 washers and dryers! They do have a carry out laundry service, but there was NO way in heck my company would let me get my laundry done that way due to cost. I didn't even want to guess how much that would cost! I wound up going to my coworker's hotel at the Courtyard and washing my clothes at his place! At least they have washers and dryers onsite there! If that had not happened, I would have had to drive to a Laundromat.
- Elevators are slow as molasses. It sometimes took 5 minutes or more for an elevator to show up. I think there had to be 1 or 2 elevators out of commission and they didn't say anything.
- Nice location, but just know that the hotel is at the very top of a hill, and all the restaurants are down the hill. There are only a couple of non-hotel restaurants right nearby, so be ready to walk downhill then up if you're not driving or taking a taxi.

All in all, I think I would stay here again. It's a beautiful property. I'm just not sure if I would stay here if I was here longer than 1 week though. I do like being able to do my laundry onsite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing I-5, on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank readytograbasuitcase
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with u during the last two weeks.
We do appreciate the opportunity to serve you and appreciate your great comments about the hotel and staff.

I am surprised to learn about your elevator problem. I do not recall having had any elevators out of service during the last month. At times with high volumes it will take a bit longer , but it should never be more than 2/3 minutes at the most. Hoover we will time the service to insure that there is not a problem with the call system.

Again thank you so much and I hope you will be back.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I just did a 3 night stay at the Seattle Renaissance. It was a great experience. The hotel is beautiful. Great lobby with a nice bar. The lobby also has a big fireplace with comfy chairs in front to relax in. Restaurant with beautiful views on the top floor. The rooms were very nice, spacious, and clean. I love that Renaissance uses Aveda hair products; it's great to not have to pack that.

The hotel is in a good location for both business and pleasure travelers. It's located in the business district, but only a short walk to Pioneer Square, the Seawall, and Westlake area (where you can take the Monorail to the Space Needle). Only downside is that it's located on the top of a hill, so it is a little bit of a hike to the top. But the views from the room make up for it. Lovely sunsets.

We worked with the hotel's Navigator, Jeff. He was SO helpful. He helped us plan a great morning trip to Bainbridge Island, and recommended some fun spots to stop in. He gave us great restaurant recommendations, and was very knowledgeable about the city.

The rest of the staff was wonderful as well. We used the club level for breakfast, which was so nice to have. They even have a few outdoor tables at the club which was rare to see. Both breakfast and happy hour snacks were delicious.

Overall it was a wonderful stay. I would stay again if I were back in the area. My husband is traveling back to the area for work in a few weeks, and plans to stay there again. Overall, very in line with the Marriott experience. Nice perks and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with water views, if available. We faced the water on the 19th floor and saw some gr...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dblN
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us while in Seattle.
I do agree with you on the nice views from the hotel and the rooftop bar. We too like to sit there and see the city skyline.
I do appreciate your comments about Jeff and the rest of my staff. We try very hard to provide great service and are please to learn that we do succeed.

Again thank you and I hope you can join your husband for another trip real soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We are Marriott Elite members and have traveled extensively. This was our first trip to Seattle with our family. We booked two rooms as we have three children. There are five if us so we had a bit of luggage and 2 smaller children to focus on. We had planned on valet ($40 a day) because we needed assistance with the luggage so we could focus on our children's safety and well being. To my shock and surprise we were told that there were no luggage carts and that've would have to manage on our own as there was one person working valet. I have been to many hotels and this is the first time I have been without any assistance ever. No one offered to help as we struggled to mange our children and luggage. Check in was long and disorganized. There was an Elite check in but no one was staffed. We were very disappointed at the overall experience. It was shocking how little staff there was and no luggage cart available. Will not return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa S
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for staying with us and your comments.
I do appreciate your feedback on our service and I am sorry we were not able to accommodate you. I am not sure why you were told that no luggage racks were available, we do have them of course. As for the lack of service I do apologize.
I will review your comments with my management team to insure we schedule better to adjust to the higher traffic demand times.

Again my sincerest apologies and I hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I were in Seattle celebrating our 3 year anniversary and decided to treat ourselves to the Renaissance in Seattle. Here is the highlights of our experience:

1. The staff were all helpful and very welcoming. The front desk reserve a King Corner suit for us based on a conversation I had with a member of the Marriott help desk over the phone, which was very good attention to detail.

2. The location is really good because you can pretty much walk to any place in the city without being right in the center of all the activity during the work week (that was a big deal for me). It is up a steep hill, but you're in Seattle!

3. The bartender at the hotel bar was very helpful in providing suggestions in the city. He was from Hawaii, but was very knowledgeable about the city. Not your average local bartender...it was almost refreshing to meet an intelligent and well spoken bartender that knew more to talk about than sports.

4. The price is competitive with other high end hotels in the area, but I think the down to earth conversations you get with the staff make this hotel a better value. We both look forward to coming back to Seattle and staying here.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room that does not face the highway. They may or may not be able to accommodate, bu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian B

Dear Brian,

thank you so much for your business and your great review.
I do appreciate your comments about our staff and service. IO will share your comments with my team and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here five nights ... Saw other reviews and was worried about noise.. I can tell you only one night I heard an ambulance(sat of course) and the rest of the nights not ONE sound! Not one! We asked for a quieter room we were on the 8th floor west side. They have replaced the windows so it's all quiet I hear ... The room was clean and modern plenty of space .. Beautiful view..wasn't sure what to expect from this hotel since I got it on Priceline but was very happy. Breakfast from the reataurant was delicious and not too expensive.. We were about 5 blocks from the main artery of shopping etc and maybe 7 from the pike st market. You can walk or bus everywhere we even went to the zoo and uofw with no car. It is a good walk uphill to this hotel don't stay here if you have a problem with that but we didn't mind as we were enjoying too much delicious food on this trip :) it is close to everything but just far enough to be out of the fray. The only thing I will caution is the double beds .. Even though there is room for two queens they use double which was small for even myself 5'4 and my 5'3 daughter .. You may need roll aways or a different config with a family. The service was fantastic and checkin quick at 5p on Saturday .. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jornic

Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you as our guest and for your review.
I will share you comments about breakfast and the service with my team and I hope you will return to visit us soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here over the weekend for business/pleasure. The rooms were large and well appointed. Plenty of room to stretch out. Our room had an upholstered chair with footstool and a mini-fridge. Breakfast at Maxwells on the second floor was terrific and the omelette chef chatted with us about our stay while he cooked! We found all the staff friendly and helpful with our many requests. Tip: ask for a high floor away from the highway. North facing rooms on the top see the space needle and some of the Sound. Avoid parking in the building or pay $55 per night.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank passingthrough95
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us while in Seattle.
I do appreciate your review and your great comments about our staff.
We do work very hard to provide great service and appreciate when we get feedback that we succeed.

Thank you again and I hope we will have you back on your next trip to Seattle.