“Nice hotel away from the throngs of tourists”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Nice hotel away from the throngs of tourists”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived close to midnight after long airport delays. We were checked in quickly. The room was clean, modern, and had Aveda products. The best part was the room service. The attendant was friendly, courteous, and the food was great. Not typical room service fare. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and recommend staying there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan E
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Susan,

Thank you so much for staying with us while in Seattle and your nice review.
I am so pleased you liked your accommodation and especially room service.
Our room service team has been with us for so many years and they take pride in the way they service our guests. I am glad that you had an opportunity to experience it.

I hope we have another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Rene Neidhart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very nice rooms and service, though I am not a huge fan of the sliding bathroom doors. I feel like I need more privacy, and felt almost as if I was in a public restroom where people were able to see through cracks on the edges of the door.
The location I felt was a very nice distance from many different locations.Though I felt too that I did get a fare amount of walking in.
I was quite frustrated too hear that I could not get free wifi from my own room. Some nights I spent hours sitting in the lobby working on my laptop. And even to pay for the wifi from my room I felt like the prices were more on the expensive side than reasonable.
Overall I did feel that the hotel was a nice place to stay at for a short amount of time and I did enjoy the services that the members of the company provided to my family and I over our trip to Seattle.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wendy S
Dear Wendy,

Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you as our guest.
I do appreciate your nice comments about our rooms and service. We are very proud of our employees and the service they provide.
I am sorry that you feel the internet fee should be eliminated. Most full service hotels do charge for intent due to the high costs associated with its service. Every year we have to invest more money to increase band with and speed. These costs are the reason for the internet fees.
One way of avoiding this charge is to join the Marriott reward program. Platinum and Gold elite members are getting free internet in most hotels.

Again thank you so much and we look forward to see you again real soon.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed a few nights at the Renaissance Seattle. The hotel was nice, clean, friendly staff, etc. About what you would expect for a Renaissance in the US. The main advantage of this hotel is the location, far enough from the throngs of tourists, but just a short walk to pretty much everywhere you want to go. The bonus is the bar on top, which features nice views of the city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank the_hermit_crab
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you so much for your business and your review.
I do appreciate your comments about our staff and service.
Rview indeed is a great place to dine with a fabulous view over the city.

Again thank you and we look forward to have you back soon.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here and loved it! Original price is out of my range, but we got a good deal. It felt very luxurious, everything was clean. Staff were very polite and nice. The bathroom nice, clean, and even had a lovely big mirror that doesn't fog up.

The location is wonderful, just a quick walk takes you to Pike Place Market. You could go to the Market for breakfast, then back to the hotel to drop off goodies/digest/rest, and then return, and not feel tired. If you are eager to walk, a person can walk to other sites from here, like the EMP or the Chihuly exhibit. We did this walk a couple times and it was pleasant. We also managed to walk from our Quick Shuttle bus drop-off to the hotel. This is all to say that from this hotel, you can easily walk to several destinations, or at least take a quick transit ride, if you don't feel up to walking or want to go further afield.

My only complaint is not really one that interfered with our comfort. It was that the mini fridge is within a cabinet type thing. This makes the warm air that is being expelled from the fridge stay trapped in the cabinet, so the cabinet gets very hot, and the fridge works extra to keep the contents cold in its warm surroundings. As I said, this didn't affect our comfort, but is seems kind of senseless and extremely energy inefficient. It's not like the fridge is so unsightly that it cannot be in the room without a cabinet covering it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VinnyFredo
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Vinny,

Tank you so much for the opportunity to have you stay with us.
I do appreciate your nice comments about our hotel and service.
While the location is just steps away from the downtown core it is perfect for people like you that like to have a view.

Again thank you and I hope you will be back soon.

Northeast USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for almost 2 weeks and loved it here. It's one of the few Marriott properties in the area with self-park as well as valet, and it's located right off I-5. I enjoyed the Club Lounge (being a Platinum Member). The R View Restaurant on the top floor has a great view and very good food, and I enjoyed the lobby lounge as well. I also enjoyed weekend brunch at Maxwell's. My room was on the 23rd floor, facing the water, so I didn't hear any traffic on I-5, much less anything else! I had a working in-room safe, nice wooden closets with cubby holes galore, a nice-sized bathroom, and a great comfortable bed. The front desk staff are wonderful, friendly, and very accommodating.

I only have a couple of issues/caveats with this hotel:
- There are no onsite washer/dryer facilities. I'm not sure how this is even possible in this day in age , because almost every hotel I stay at has at least 1 or 2 washers and dryers! They do have a carry out laundry service, but there was NO way in heck my company would let me get my laundry done that way due to cost. I didn't even want to guess how much that would cost! I wound up going to my coworker's hotel at the Courtyard and washing my clothes at his place! At least they have washers and dryers onsite there! If that had not happened, I would have had to drive to a Laundromat.
- Elevators are slow as molasses. It sometimes took 5 minutes or more for an elevator to show up. I think there had to be 1 or 2 elevators out of commission and they didn't say anything.
- Nice location, but just know that the hotel is at the very top of a hill, and all the restaurants are down the hill. There are only a couple of non-hotel restaurants right nearby, so be ready to walk downhill then up if you're not driving or taking a taxi.

All in all, I think I would stay here again. It's a beautiful property. I'm just not sure if I would stay here if I was here longer than 1 week though. I do like being able to do my laundry onsite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing I-5, on an upper floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank readytograbasuitcase
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with u during the last two weeks.
We do appreciate the opportunity to serve you and appreciate your great comments about the hotel and staff.

I am surprised to learn about your elevator problem. I do not recall having had any elevators out of service during the last month. At times with high volumes it will take a bit longer , but it should never be more than 2/3 minutes at the most. Hoover we will time the service to insure that there is not a problem with the call system.

Again thank you so much and I hope you will be back.

Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I just did a 3 night stay at the Seattle Renaissance. It was a great experience. The hotel is beautiful. Great lobby with a nice bar. The lobby also has a big fireplace with comfy chairs in front to relax in. Restaurant with beautiful views on the top floor. The rooms were very nice, spacious, and clean. I love that Renaissance uses Aveda hair products; it's great to not have to pack that.

The hotel is in a good location for both business and pleasure travelers. It's located in the business district, but only a short walk to Pioneer Square, the Seawall, and Westlake area (where you can take the Monorail to the Space Needle). Only downside is that it's located on the top of a hill, so it is a little bit of a hike to the top. But the views from the room make up for it. Lovely sunsets.

We worked with the hotel's Navigator, Jeff. He was SO helpful. He helped us plan a great morning trip to Bainbridge Island, and recommended some fun spots to stop in. He gave us great restaurant recommendations, and was very knowledgeable about the city.

The rest of the staff was wonderful as well. We used the club level for breakfast, which was so nice to have. They even have a few outdoor tables at the club which was rare to see. Both breakfast and happy hour snacks were delicious.

Overall it was a wonderful stay. I would stay again if I were back in the area. My husband is traveling back to the area for work in a few weeks, and plans to stay there again. Overall, very in line with the Marriott experience. Nice perks and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with water views, if available. We faced the water on the 19th floor and saw some gr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dblN
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us while in Seattle.
I do agree with you on the nice views from the hotel and the rooftop bar. We too like to sit there and see the city skyline.
I do appreciate your comments about Jeff and the rest of my staff. We try very hard to provide great service and are please to learn that we do succeed.

Again thank you and I hope you can join your husband for another trip real soon.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We are Marriott Elite members and have traveled extensively. This was our first trip to Seattle with our family. We booked two rooms as we have three children. There are five if us so we had a bit of luggage and 2 smaller children to focus on. We had planned on valet ($40 a day) because we needed assistance with the luggage so we could focus on our children's safety and well being. To my shock and surprise we were told that there were no luggage carts and that've would have to manage on our own as there was one person working valet. I have been to many hotels and this is the first time I have been without any assistance ever. No one offered to help as we struggled to mange our children and luggage. Check in was long and disorganized. There was an Elite check in but no one was staffed. We were very disappointed at the overall experience. It was shocking how little staff there was and no luggage cart available. Will not return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa S
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for staying with us and your comments.
I do appreciate your feedback on our service and I am sorry we were not able to accommodate you. I am not sure why you were told that no luggage racks were available, we do have them of course. As for the lack of service I do apologize.
I will review your comments with my management team to insure we schedule better to adjust to the higher traffic demand times.

Again my sincerest apologies and I hope you will give us another try.