“Pleasant Suprise”

Ranked #47 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
michigan
“Pleasant Suprise”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Visited Seattle for a pre-stop before my cruise to Alaska. I was also celebrating my 7th wedding anniversary. We booked from 7/9/14-7/11/14. Upon arrival, check in was smooth, I was early and was still able to check in. When making the reservations months early, I mentioned that it would be my anniversary. To my surprise, we received an upgrade to a suite. Wow, it was nice. I couldn't believe it. Later that evening we left for dinner, and upon returning a nice bottle of wine, and chocolates were there.

The view of the Space Needle was great. I know that post card pics were taken from my room. My overall stay was great. Thanks a bunch for making my anniversary a hit.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing the space needle
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Loni,

thank you so much for the opportunity to have you as our guest.
I am so glad we were able to make your anniversary trip so special.

Looking forward to have you back next year.

Rene Neidhart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days on a business trip. I paid a state rate which is about half the usual rate so it was okay. However, if I had reservations at the $300 per night, I would have left. I love the Marriott brand and this hotel at this level is not acceptable. Nothing that several million in renovations couldn't take care of. Carpet old, dirty, and unraveling. Chunks of the marble ?? floor knocked out. The business lounge was old, and the outside area had table and chairs that probably had not been oiled in 5 years. Small room but that was expected. For the money, stay at the nearby Kimpton hotels or The Sorrento, where my friends stayed. Same price; awesome and newly redone hotels.

Positives for the Renaissance were the workout facility (excellent machines), generally good lobby and acceptable service. Breakfast in the business lounge was good, although often late with some of the food. Good hotel location.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side with the highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your business over the last 5 days.
I do appreciate your feedback, especially about the great food and service.
We are continuously upgrading our hotel as in the new brand health club, guest room corridors and lobby. This fall we will start a redo of the guest rooms and the concierge lounge. The first new guest rooms should be done by the end of the year.

Again thank you for staying with us and I hope this last experience will not deter you from staying with us again.

Hyderabad
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Renaissance is known for its clean rooms and courteous service and the one in downtown Seattle is no different. I generally come here for business meetings and it has an amazing set up to host large business meets. What I really like about this hotel is that major tourist attractions are close by. There are a lot of shopping options given that its in the downtown area. The staff is very courteous and the room service is just amazing. I had dinner just once for room service and I loved it. I enjoyed my stay and I fully recommend this place if you need to be around the downtown area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the freeway can get noisy, but they have done a good job of soundproofing it to keep to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank adityarrao
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you so much for your business and your great review.
I do appreciate your feedback on your meetings. We have great space and as you mentioned provide great service for our events.

I am glad to share your comments with my staff and I hope we will have you back real soon.

Hartford, CT
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were very impressed with our room quality at the centrally-located Renaissance Seattle. We were able to walk from there easily to Seattle Center and Safeco Field. The rooms were well appointed and modern. The staff was friendly, especially in the restaurant. The servers remembered us each morning at breakfast and were very attentive. Would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank ConnecticutDude
Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you as our guest and for your great comments.

We are working very hard provide great service and are of course very pleased when we succeed.

Again thank you and I hope you will be back real soon.

Albany, Oregon
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was allowed to check in early and very appreciative for that I was. Unfortunately, everything went downhill from that point on. The Marriott Renaissance Hotel is lacking professionalism in their front desk and concierge staff, I will only mention a few mistakes.

Parking nightmare!!! My SUV (Ford Expedition) would not clear the 6’2” opening for their parking garage, although the concierge suspected it would, first mistake of trusting the bellhops.

The front desk associate advice was” sorry sir we don’t accommodate for oversized vehicles”. It’s a standard late model SUV. Anyways, parked on the street and received a $47 parking ticket. What an excellent solution!!

Another flop, the Bellhop sent our family with young children on an unnecessary late night stroll. We walked about three blocks to Vitos an Italian restaurant. Only to be informed, we would not be allowed access with our children. My children were present when I asked for dining advice. Shouldn’t the concierge be aware of this before sending a family with young children for a late night journey?

I can get by with rude guest associate, things along those lines. However, I find our family's experience while staying at the Marriott Renaissance Hotel in Seattle to be unpleasant and unacceptable.

Room Tip: Choose room opposite side of I5, the traffic noise is constant all night long.
1 Thank Striker701
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review.

I am sorry about the service you received at our hotel.
While the garage does not fit oversized vehicles we should have offered you to valet your car offsite. I am very surprised the clerk did not make you this offer.
I am very sorry that you very send to Vitos with your children.. I will make sure that all the staff is aware of the fact that Vitos does not permit minors.

I realize you were not happy with your stay and for that I apologize. Please contact me at neidhart@renaissanceseattle.com, if you would like to discuss further.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived close to midnight after long airport delays. We were checked in quickly. The room was clean, modern, and had Aveda products. The best part was the room service. The attendant was friendly, courteous, and the food was great. Not typical room service fare. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and recommend staying there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan E
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Susan,

Thank you so much for staying with us while in Seattle and your nice review.
I am so pleased you liked your accommodation and especially room service.
Our room service team has been with us for so many years and they take pride in the way they service our guests. I am glad that you had an opportunity to experience it.

I hope we have another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very nice rooms and service, though I am not a huge fan of the sliding bathroom doors. I feel like I need more privacy, and felt almost as if I was in a public restroom where people were able to see through cracks on the edges of the door.
The location I felt was a very nice distance from many different locations.Though I felt too that I did get a fare amount of walking in.
I was quite frustrated too hear that I could not get free wifi from my own room. Some nights I spent hours sitting in the lobby working on my laptop. And even to pay for the wifi from my room I felt like the prices were more on the expensive side than reasonable.
Overall I did feel that the hotel was a nice place to stay at for a short amount of time and I did enjoy the services that the members of the company provided to my family and I over our trip to Seattle.

1 Thank Wendy S
Dear Wendy,

Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you as our guest.
I do appreciate your nice comments about our rooms and service. We are very proud of our employees and the service they provide.
I am sorry that you feel the internet fee should be eliminated. Most full service hotels do charge for intent due to the high costs associated with its service. Every year we have to invest more money to increase band with and speed. These costs are the reason for the internet fees.
One way of avoiding this charge is to join the Marriott reward program. Platinum and Gold elite members are getting free internet in most hotels.

Again thank you so much and we look forward to see you again real soon.