“Nice upgrade for weekend stay”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice upgrade for weekend stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here for a weekend with my girlfriend and used points for the stay. Hotel was sold out for the Seafair weekend, including many active duty Marine Corps and Navy folks as guests. Check-in was smooth and Glenn upgraded us to an executive suite on the 27th floor with a great view of the city, Space Needle, and Puget Sound. Room was modern and clean, had a huge bathroom and was as large as an apartment. Lounge was closed during the weekend but we had breakfast vouchers for complementary buffet breakfast downstairs (normally $22 a head) and the bar on the 28th floor was open (cool place for a drink). Location great for walking to Pike Place, waterfront, and most other downtown attractions. Rest of city easy to access by Metro bus, Uber, or taxi. If you're flying into Seattle and staying here, don't bother with a car, as parking is $33/night. Overall an excellent experience and I will be back.

Room Tip: High floor room for the best view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jetset83
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel while visiting Seattle.
We do appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest, and I am pleased to learn that Glenn upgraded you to our 27th floor executive suite.

We look forward to have you back.

Rene Neidhart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Issue #1 - Before booking this hotel recently for 3 nights I read that the highway side of the hotel can be noisy. Accordingly when we checked in I was told that "this is no longer the case as corrective measures were recently taken to minimize the noise" Living in NYC I am used to noise ... but the highway noise was a constant din that made a peaceful nights sleep difficult.

Issue #2 - I was told when I checked in that given my Marriott Rewards status I would not be charged for bottled water in the room. When I returned home I reviewed my charge bill and noticed I WAS charged for bottled water. I called the hotel and was told that they would issue a credit, it is now 7 days and no credit.

Issue #3 - I booked 2 rooms, one for my wife and I and one for my friend and his wife. I used my Marriott Premier credit card (with my rewards number on it) and my friend used his non-Marriott credit card. Somehow, the girl who checked us in put MY rewards number on my friends account ... it wasn't until we returned home that I noticed this. Again I called the hotel to advise them of this and was told "it would be taken care of immediately". After waiting a few days, the problem was not corrected. It took a call to the Marriott Rewards Customer Service Center to get the points moved back to my account.

Besides staying at this Marriott, we also stayed at the Marriott Renaissance in Vacouver and a different Marriott in Seattle before returning home ... no problems with either of these locations. I only stay at Marriott hotels, this is the first problem I have ever had in over 35 years.

Room Tip: Stay away from highway side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Howard G
Dear Howard,

Thank you so much for your business.
I am so sorry you did not have a great stay with us. The windows on the highway side are being replaced but not all the windows are done yet. I am so sorry that this was not communicated properly.

If you contact me at Neidhart@renaissanceseattle.conm I will look into the extra billing. As an elite member you should indeed not be billed for the water in the room.

Again I do apologize for the inconvenience an I hop you will return to visit us when you come back to Seattle.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We found the concierge to be especially helpful, and the staff were nice. We stayed for two nights at the beginning of our three week trip, our first time in the Northwest, and it was a good jumping off point to that side of the city. The hotel was comfortable and the room nice and well appointed. Bed was comfortable.Only regret, no pool!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annjg
Dear Ann,

thank you so much for staying with us while in Seattle.
We do appreciate your nice comments about our staff.

Looking forward to have you back.

MA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Renaissance for three nights after our Alaskan cruise. The hotel is very nice and modern. Staff at front door and at front desk are extremely attentive. We're Marriott Gold folks, so we got upgraded room on high floor. We were on the expressway side of the building, which I was afraid of, but the noise level was not an issue on the higher level. We had a corner suite with a separate living room with TV and a door in the bedroom that could be closed in the morning when my hubby got up early and watched the living room TV! The room was well- appointed and bathroom was good size with a pocket door to save room in the suite. We had small fridge and safe in the suite. We also received free wifi with our Gold status. Make sure you ask for that or you're going to be charged for wifi connection each day. As many have commented, location of the hotel is at the top of a very steep hill. Ask the front desk for hints on how to avoid the steep hills walking back to the hotel. The location to restaurants and shopping is excellent. We didn't rent a car during our three days, and walking around was perfect. The Concierge Lounge on the 26th(?) floor was way too small for the guests/business folks using it every morning. The staff in the lounge were very pleasant though, and the breakfast offerings were good. We'd definitely stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the expressway side of the building - particularly if you're not on...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you as our guests.

We do appreciate your feedback and please come back when your travels bring you back to Seattle.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very comfortable, high-end, 4- star hotel. Rooms are spacious, bed and pillows are very comfortable, bathrooms are large and well-planned, suites have plenty of space with a refrigerator, 2 large flat-screen TV’s and extra bathroom. Executive lounge has a fantastic view from the 26th floor with plenty to eat and drink at select times. Despite all these wonderful things I’ve written so far, the Renaissance staff is the hotel’s number one asset. I travel all over the world and stay in many hotels and I can attest to the fact that this hotel’s staff is a cut above the rest. They are genuine people who go out of their way to really talk to their guests to make them feel welcome or comfortable or informed about the area. A special Thank You in particular is in order to Mr. Jeff Lynk, Concierge with Renaissance Seattle Hotel. Mr. Lynk is the warmest and most considerate concierge I’ve met. He’s happy to discuss or converse with you anything you might like to know about the area regarding restaurants and things to do and researches for you, the details you need to know. He’s a kind and genuine individual and the Renaissance should be lucky to have him in their services. If I were an Undercover Boss, I’d make it a priority to train Jeff Lynk and set him on a one year path toward GM as soon as possible (if he’s interested…).
Parking in the downtown area is the only drawback or complaint I have because it’s quite expensive to park a rental car anywhere in the downtown area. I’ve got to have a rental car on my stays so this is a particular problem I’ve had but it necessarily specific to the Renaissance but the whole area downtown.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelJeff69
Dear Jeff,
Thank you so much for your business and your great review.
I do appreciate all you said about the importance of service. In the end, this is what makes the difference. I will share your comments with Jeff our Concierge. He will be very pleased about your feedback.

Thank you again and please hurry back to see us again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Accommodating staff, including Maxwell's breakfast servers. Lots of space to work quietly at the table plus nice menu selections. Try the Pacific Dungeness omelet! Walk to Pike's, restaurants, and water taxis. Easy in and out parking garage, close to highways and public transportation.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and your great review.
I do appreciate your comments about our service. and I am glad the front desk manager took care of your problem with housekeeping.

I hope you will visit us again real soon.

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a nice, clean and modern hotel with amazing front desk staff. Anything you need, they will help you with it. The rooms are clean, and spacious enough. The hotel is on the top of the hill, meaning that anywhere you go, you will be making quite a trek to get back to the hotel at the end of the day. If you are not interested in that sort of uphill walk everyday, and you don't want to always pay for a cab, this may not be a good hotel for you. Apart from that, the hotel is pretty central to Pike Place, Safeco Field, the pier, the main shopping area, and the underground tours. If you have a car, self parking is $40/day. WiFi is not free either - about $13/day. Those extras really add up quickly so your final bill may be quite high. The level of service provided is definitely 5 star, though. Minor issue with a housekeeping situation, and front desk manager resolved it far past my expectations. It is a comfortable place to stay overall.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you stay with us.
I do appreciate your great comments about our front office staff. It all starts and ends with the front office team and I am glad to hear that the manager took care of your housekeeping problem and was able to make your stay enjoyable.

Again thank you and I hope we will see you again on your next trip to Seattle.