“Fitness Center one of the best”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #47 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Chicago, Illinois
“Fitness Center one of the best”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second time at this Renaissance (the first was during spring break 2012) and it was great to see the improvements since then. The main one is their Fitness Center! Used to be on a high floor and is now down on 4. It's outstanding now: spacious, modern, wide variety of equipment, and plenty of machines for everybody. In the past eight months I've stayed at 24 separate hotels and this fitness center's the best.

Stayed August 2014
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear PW,

Thank you so much for your business and your get comments.
I am very pleased to learn that you liked our fitness center. We did spend a large amount of money expanding and upgrading our facility.
In the coming months we will start renovating our guest rooms.

Looking forward to have you come back.

Rene Neidhart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Valparaiso, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed a few nights here on points to explore downtown before heading up to a quiet b&b to recharge from our vacation.

We got upgraded to a very nice suite with wrap-around views of Seattle and the most wonderful window seat! I was a little under the weather one evening, and I spent a good amount of time on the window seat recharging and watching the city below. Great experience.

Good location within walking access to most of what you want to see downtown. It's a big hotel, but I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. More than what you would expect from a hotel that services meetings, etc. also.

Room service food was great! What a happy surprise! Delicious and fresh, delivered in a very timely manner, and served with beautiful presentation.

Room Tip: Corner suites
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sydno1
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Sydno,

thank you so much for staying wit us and your nice comments.
I agree with you he window seats are unique and offer a great opportunity to just sit and relax.
I will share your comments about the staff and service with my team.

looking forward to have you back

Connecticut, USA
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I was concerned about the noise because of all the reviews however I did not think it was problem. Our room was located on the 21st floor and out of the week we stayed at this hotel I heard cars noise once. for a brief time. The hotel is going through some renovations but I think the room was fine. We weren't sure if we needed to rent a car since we never been to Seattle we took a chance and took a taxi from the airport which was about $50 including tip. This actually worked out for us since the hotel parking is $40 which is standard price for parking around that area. The hotel this is short distance from from downtown which we walked the whole time we were there if we got tired he would take a taxi back which was very convenient. The room was spacious and clean. it had a mini refrigerator and a coffee maker which was very convenient to bring snacks back to the room. Only complaint I have is that the bar service was slow even though it was empty. Everyone from the concierge to the front desk to the bellhop were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lizard316
Thank you so much for your business and your review.

I do appreciate your comments about the staff and service and will share your service issue in the bar with the team. I am glad to hear that our new windows do make an impact.

We hope we will have another opportunity soon to have you back..

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on points. We are platinum elite members and received a very nice complimentary upgrade to a suite on a high floor. Overall our experience was superb. We loved the convenient downtown location and the staff was superbly trained and professional. Everything about our stay was first class: the clean and spacious room, the comfy bed and the service. We will come back next time we are in Seattle.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear JoAnn,

Thank you so much for staying with us and your great comments about the wonderful experience you had at our hotel.

We truly appreciate having you stay with us and look forward to have you back.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Renaissance is a 28 story hotel in downtown Seattle right off I-5. I decided to give the hotel a very good rating; however, when I think of hotels I frequent, I always ask myself if I would stay there again on a return visit. With such a large selection of downtown hotels in Seattle, I cannot say for certain.

On the positive side, I found room service to be a pleasant experience as the food was good and the fellow who delivered it was very chatty and told me a little bit about the history of Seattle. This was helpful particularly since there was no literature in my room about Seattle. I also found the mini-crab cake sandwiches which I had in the lobby lounge to be excellent along with the server who was quite pleasant. Upon leaving the hotel, taxis were readily available for the trip back to the airport.

I would suggest the reception staff be more customer friendly. I arrived a bit early and when I inquired as to whether a room might be available I was told in no uncertain terms that check-in is at 4 pm. So with that, I wondered back to the front desk a little after 4 pm only to find a long line ahead of me, about 50 people who were attending a conference in the hotel. I guess they were all told to check in at 4 pm too. So I waited a good 15 minutes before getting to the reception desk and then another 5 minutes before they located my luggage which I had left with them. The room itself faced the west (away from the freeway), was comfortable but nothing special. I noticed the next morning that some rooms had newspapers by the door while others didn't. Mine didn't, thought this was a little cheap not to give one to every room. Maybe you had to request it. Reception never asked me; they seemed more focused on processing people through than asking what they could do to make your stay more enjoyable. Finally, I had a question about the location of a restaurant so I thought I would check with the concierge but when I got voicemail, I decided to just look it up on my cellphone instead.

So to wrap up, there are some nice aspects to the Renaissance but some areas for improvement. It's my view that there is nothing wrong with a four star hotel striving to provide five star service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Joe,

Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you stay with us and your comments.
I appreciate your positive comments about Room Service and the lobby bar.
I do understand your comments about the front desk staff and I will share them with my management team to insure we become more customer and less task focused.
I do hope that you will be answering your question in a positive way and look forward to have you back.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great location. Came here in Nov 2013 for a girls weekend. We had a great time exploring Seattle and eating our way through the city. Hotel is within walking distance of everything you could need downtown (landmarks, sights, grocery, shopping, dining, etc) and easy access to the highway making it an easy cab ride to the airport. Checked out the bar the first night and enjoyed a drink/light dinner. Great service and yummy flatbread. Our room was standard Renaissance but perfect. Enjoyed a comfortable stay here. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Michelle,

Thank you so much for spending the night with your girlfriends at our hotel.
I do appreciate your nice comments about our hotel and look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent last night at the Renaissance Seattle using my Marriott Rewards points while treating ourselves to a night out and a Mariners game in Seattle for our anniversary. I travel frequently for work and am a Marriott Silver Elite member. The title of my review pretty much sums up our entire Renaissance experience.

I've stayed here several times for business and knew the quality of the hotel, but, I simply cannot say enough about the staff!!!

Management, listen up! Sarah Harvill from your front desk deserves a raise...a BIG one!!! She epitomizes excellence in guest service! Sarah took OUTSTANDING care of us and made our anniversary EXTRA special. We returned to our room following some fun along the Seattle waterfront and were both delighted and surprised to find a bottle of wine and Frans chocolates in our room along with a handwritten note from Sarah wishing us a happy anniversary. This kind thoughtful and extraordinary service is why I love the Seattle Renaissance and cannot speak highly enough of the hotel and the people that work here.

Our corner mini-suite overlooked the freeway, which wasn't noisy at all. The room was well appointed and exceptionally clean. I have an iPhone and always appreciate the hotels, like this one, that have the charger-clock/radio. My wife and I both agreed that this hotel has some of the most comfortable and plush beds and bedding of all the places we stay. The bathroom was modern and bright with quality products.

Every member of the Renaissance staff from the doorman to the random housekeeping personnel we'd see in the elevator warmly greeted us (not just false acknowledgement) and asked how we were enjoying our stay and whether there was anything we needed. This very simple gesture really makes feel you welcome and just adds to the overall enjoyment of the travel experience. I truly wish more of the hotels I stayed at would learn from the outstanding example of the Renaissance!

We had such a great time and fantastic experience that we'll surely be returning soon. Whether in Seattle for business or pleasure, you simply can't go wrong staying at the Renaissance Seattle. Thanks again, Sarah, and team Renaissance for making our wedding anniversary one to remember!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and your great review.
I will make sure that Sarah gets recognized for her gesture.
Please come back when you have the opportunity.