“Convienient Hotel in the CBD of Seattle”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #49 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
San Francisco, California
“Convienient Hotel in the CBD of Seattle”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed here one night last week in August and thought this hotel was nicer than I was expecting. It was fairly pricey for what you get (but all hotels in Seattles CBD are). The room was clean, bed was comfy and although my room faced the freeway I didn't hear any noise from it. The only bad thing of the visit was from the room next door, our rooms shared a door between and they were definitely having a party and kept trying to open my door, that stopped about 1am, if I had been staying more than one night I would have asked to move rooms, I'm not going to fault the hotel though for drunk guests. One thing that was weak though was their room service menu, for a hotel of this level Id expect a nice menu in a book so I searched all over to find a lackluster selection on a small card, I ended up ordering a pizza in which suited me just fine but the management should take note (especially with drunk patrons like in the room next to me) you are losing a revenue stream by not offering a better room service initial experience and selection. When I find myself in Seattle again this wouldn't be my first choice to stay but I definitely wouldn't feel bad if this is where I end up booking, the best part of the stay is the staff everyone is very nice and accommodating and genuinely so, often thats fake at hotels it wasn't here.

Room Tip: ask for a room without a door to another room in it
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
NHLovell, Director of Sales at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Australican,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Seattle and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are so pleased you had such good things to say about our staff and found them to be genuinely "nice and accommodating."

We are also glad to learn that you didn't experience any freeway noise from your room, That means our new soundproofed window replacement has been a success!

We will certainly take your feedback on the Room Service menu to heart. Thank you for your comments.

Hopefully you will return to us again and experience our new guest rooms which will begin being completely refreshed in November.

Best regards,

Nancy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed here for a week for a conference back in June. It was a great stay. The rooms were comfortable, and I was lucky enough to have a room on the 22nd floor and had the most amazing city view. The best part was the breakfast. I had breakfast included in my rate and I was able to order directly from their menu or off their buffet. My favorite was the smoked salmon bagel. Everything was delicious though and the buffet has a lot of variety. Service was excellent on all mornings.

It is right downtown so it was walking distance to everything. If you are a light sleeper, beware of highway noise. It overlooks highway 5, so I can see that being an issue for some. Otherwise I had no complaints.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and your nice comments about our hotel and service.
I am so glad you enjoyed your breakfasts in Maxwell. We offer a large variety and change the buffet/menu items every day.

Again thank you and we look forward to have you back.

South Carolina
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I spent every week here from late-May to mid-August. Each trip was great. Quick check-in, consistent upgrades (had suite 2114 every week). Staff is great, food is good and the windows have secret-agent levels of soundproofing. Don't panic when you see the highway one block away - you won't hear it at night.

One week I left a very expensive set of headphones in my room. When I returned, they had been turned in by the chambermaid, tagged with an item number, and wrapped up. They delivered them to my suite less than 10 minutes after checking in. Integrity.

Property is a 10-15 minute walk from Pike Place and the waterfront. 10 minutes to the monorail to the Space Needle and surrounding museums. Wear good walking shoes - coming back up from the market and streets close to the water is an uphill climb.

Room Tip: Corner suites are great and well laid out.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for staying here so long and your great endorsement.
I am so glad that the new windows in the guest rooms work. Since we did install them we have not received any noise complaints.

I am sorry we will not see you anymore but please come back when you have another opportunity.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed here post cruise. Room wasn't ready so the clerk found us one that would be ready sooner !! She had a very nice attitude and was extremely accommodating. They held our massive amount of luggage while we explored Seattle. The concierge confirmed that the restaurant we had heard about was excellent and made reservations for us, which we needed. He also arranged reliable transport to the airport for us the next morning. In house bar and coffee was convenient.
The only reason for 4 stars is that the rooms need a bit of upgrading, new paint, upgraded towels. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a real view not a corner view because it will be near the highway. There was no hide thoug...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us and your nice comments.

I am glad you enjoyed the services of the hotel. We are actually starting a major redo of the guestrooms this fall. So we hope you will be back.

soonRene Neidhart
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights for a conference. Our room, #1625, faced south over the city, with a sliver view of the water. It was very quiet considering that it's right next to interstate 5. The king bed was very comfortable, and the towels plentiful, the room also had a mini fridge and hot water machine for making tea or coffee. The hotel is convenient to walk to Pike Place Market, but walk down Pike St. Madison Street is VERY steep. The Lobby Bar is great for light fare, as is Maxwell's on the 2nd floor. Maxwell's also is good for breakfast (not included): buffet or a la carte.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Linda,

Thank you so much for staying here while attending a conference.
In 7 days you get to know a lot of the staff and use most services in a hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed both Maxwell and the lobby for your meals.

Again thank you, and I do hope you have another opportunity soon to stay with us.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I got this hotel on a priceline deal as I was only staying one night and didn't want to spend $300. Turned out to be a solid choice. My Marriott rewards card got me a nicer room, free breakfast and free wifi so no complaints there. Front desk staff was very pleasant and hotel centrally located.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the opportunity to have you as our guest and your nice comments.

I hope you have another opportunity to visit us soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is the first time that I am writing a review here on tripadvisor.
Well, each hotel has its pluses and minuses. All people have different levels of expectations, experience and luck. The combination of these variables results in the wide range of ratings/reviews of the same hotel…
My husband and I had a wonderful experience. We were celebrating our 10 years marriage anniversary and hotel manager upgraded us to a corner suite (as it was available for that night). This, along with complimentary bottle of local sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries made our stay so much better!
The view from the corner suite on the 23rd floor was magnificent. The room was spacious and clean. No outside noise as it was mentioned in other reviews (our room did not face the freeway though). Check in and out was quick with no line ups. We arrived early and they allowed us to check in. Location of the hotel is perfect, walking distance to all downtown attractions.
I am sure it is not always the case that hotels have empty suite(s) every night, but I guess we were lucky and the manager (Rene Neidhart) did not hold back.
Thank you for the wonderful stay!

Room Tip: The view from the corner suite on the 23rd floor was magnificent. The room was spacious and clean. N...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear JP,

thank you so much for staying with us and your great review.
I do not think I can or need to add to your review, so I just say thank you and please come back and visit us again.