“Awesome hotel!”

Ranked #47 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Pensacola, Florida
“Awesome hotel!”
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I loved this hotel. It was convenient to Seattle attractions like Pike Place Market, the library, wine bars, and the Seattle Art Museum. The rooms are very clean (albeit somewhat small), but the updated furnishings and warm, inviting undertone of the decor made for a very pleasant stay. The hotel staff was very courteous in accommodating all of my requests. We had dinner at sunset at the hotel restaurant on the top floor.. it was gorgeous and I highly recommend it if you stay there. The rooms are very well insulated, so I slept like a baby.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
boise, id
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights ,our first night was the freeway view and we requested a room with city view for the next night and it was no problem. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
For some people it might be a problem walking from downtown to the hotel, it is very hilly and if you are not used to walking, this could be a problem. The room are very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Stayed here in late September. Nice location, located on top of the hill which gives it great views, especially from the fitness center, 28th floor pool & concierge lounge. Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. Parking was a bit expensive ($30.00 for garage parking) otherwise a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Mill Creek, WA
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I had high hopes for this 4 star hotel. I had real a lot of good reviews, so I was expecting a lot. My husband and I spend a couple weekends a year in Seattle and we don't stay in budget hotels. When I pay the amount I do at a 4 star hotel I expect outstanding customer service, friendly staff, a great room, and extras. The Renaissance is a bit out of the downtown scene. Still walkable, but not as convenient as others we had stayed at, and another reviewer mentioned the "climb" back to the hotel,. they aren't kidding! The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The bellhop that brought up our luggage and took us to our room was not; we asked him where the ice machine was, he didn't know and said "Probably somewhere down there!" (The last 4 star hotel we stayed at the bellhop actually went and filled our ice bucket after telling us where it was located.) The check-in went quickly and smoothly, we were even given a choice of view rooms. We took the one recommended to us. The view was spectacular as promised, but the window was filthy, both inside and out. The room was very comfortable and nicely appointed. There were only 2 coffee servings provided. To get more coffee you had to go down to the lobby espresso stand or order room service. The shower was nice; the toilet backed up. We had a wonderful time in Seattle despite my disappointed in the hotel. We will not be going back....I like to feel welcomed and treated special when I stay at a 4 star hotel and I did not here.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Basque Country
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We booked one night at this hotel prior to leaving Seattle for San Francisco. We just needed a place to crash for our last evening and opted for this one since it looked pretty reasonable at 50 euros each. I wasn't expecting anything particularly exciting due to all the lukewarm reviews I had previously read, but I must admit I was quite pleasantly surprised with this one. We got a room on the 12th floor with gorgeous views of downtown Seattle, including Rem Koolhass' public library, and the room was neat, tidy, spacious and welcoming, with probably the best shower of my trip. Given my low expectations, I should say this came out as a very positive surprise.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Eastsound, Washington
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We just had a great stay at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. Every interaction with the staff there was extremely positive. The place was clean, comfortable and relaxed. I was very impressed. We have stayed there several times over the last 15 years and this time was a major improvement in the staff quality and friendliness and the appearance and comfort of the hotel. It has always been a great location.

Martin

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Northern VA
Reviewed 12 September 2010

This Renaissance has an outstanding staff in all departments: Front Desk, Concierge, Waiters, Housekeeping, Doorman, everywhere. If there are any problems, then you are probably the problem because the staff is extremely cheerful and go out of their way helpful. The breakfast is worth getting up early for. The location is about 6 steep blocks up from the waterfront, but right off of Rt 5. The rooms vary (we stayed twice in August). This used to be the Madison Hotel before Marriott acquired it, so the rooms are not as big as most Renaissance. But the corner rooms are good size and very nice. The beds are good but not as great as some Renaissance. The exercise room and pool are adequate. The lobby is new and the bar area is nice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple