“Great location, older hotel by I-5”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #51 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The Renaissance Hotel is situated very centrally right off the I-5. Shopping can be walking distance at the Westlake Centre downtown. Great free parking on the weekends on the street. The hotel itself is quite old, but the lobby has been redone and looking modern and nice. The room is clean and the washroom has been redone and very clean. Our room faced the I-5 and was very noisy. We just turned the fan on to act as white noise so we can get some sleep, otherwise the highway noise can be quite disruptive. The exercise room and pool are on the top floor, with a nice view. The pool water was rather cool.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 October 2010

I loved this hotel. It was convenient to Seattle attractions like Pike Place Market, the library, wine bars, and the Seattle Art Museum. The rooms are very clean (albeit somewhat small), but the updated furnishings and warm, inviting undertone of the decor made for a very pleasant stay. The hotel staff was very courteous in accommodating all of my requests. We had dinner at sunset at the hotel restaurant on the top floor.. it was gorgeous and I highly recommend it if you stay there. The rooms are very well insulated, so I slept like a baby.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights ,our first night was the freeway view and we requested a room with city view for the next night and it was no problem. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
For some people it might be a problem walking from downtown to the hotel, it is very hilly and if you are not used to walking, this could be a problem. The room are very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Stayed here in late September. Nice location, located on top of the hill which gives it great views, especially from the fitness center, 28th floor pool & concierge lounge. Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. Parking was a bit expensive ($30.00 for garage parking) otherwise a nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I had high hopes for this 4 star hotel. I had real a lot of good reviews, so I was expecting a lot. My husband and I spend a couple weekends a year in Seattle and we don't stay in budget hotels. When I pay the amount I do at a 4 star hotel I expect outstanding customer service, friendly staff, a great room, and extras. The Renaissance is a bit out of the downtown scene. Still walkable, but not as convenient as others we had stayed at, and another reviewer mentioned the "climb" back to the hotel,. they aren't kidding! The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The bellhop that brought up our luggage and took us to our room was not; we asked him where the ice machine was, he didn't know and said "Probably somewhere down there!" (The last 4 star hotel we stayed at the bellhop actually went and filled our ice bucket after telling us where it was located.) The check-in went quickly and smoothly, we were even given a choice of view rooms. We took the one recommended to us. The view was spectacular as promised, but the window was filthy, both inside and out. The room was very comfortable and nicely appointed. There were only 2 coffee servings provided. To get more coffee you had to go down to the lobby espresso stand or order room service. The shower was nice; the toilet backed up. We had a wonderful time in Seattle despite my disappointed in the hotel. We will not be going back....I like to feel welcomed and treated special when I stay at a 4 star hotel and I did not here.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We booked one night at this hotel prior to leaving Seattle for San Francisco. We just needed a place to crash for our last evening and opted for this one since it looked pretty reasonable at 50 euros each. I wasn't expecting anything particularly exciting due to all the lukewarm reviews I had previously read, but I must admit I was quite pleasantly surprised with this one. We got a room on the 12th floor with gorgeous views of downtown Seattle, including Rem Koolhass' public library, and the room was neat, tidy, spacious and welcoming, with probably the best shower of my trip. Given my low expectations, I should say this came out as a very positive surprise.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We just had a great stay at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. Every interaction with the staff there was extremely positive. The place was clean, comfortable and relaxed. I was very impressed. We have stayed there several times over the last 15 years and this time was a major improvement in the staff quality and friendliness and the appearance and comfort of the hotel. It has always been a great location.

Martin