“Pleasantly surprised; top marks”
Review of Hilton Seattle

Hilton Seattle
Ranked #57 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Perth
“Pleasantly surprised; top marks”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Hilton Seattle has undergone a major renovation with the common areas and most (if not all) rooms having been refurbished. Every staff member I encountered on my five night stay was polite, professional, warm and helpful, just the way Hilton staff should be. I had a large king room on a high floor that was spacious and well-appointed with a refrigerator, king bed and lounge chair with footstool. The executilve lounge for eligible guests is on the top floor and also appears to have been refurbished recently. The breakfast offering was very nice as was the evening spread. As a top tier member in Hilton's loyalty program I was very pleased with the stay and would happily return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank merinoboy
Tawni_Holt, Front Office Manager at Hilton Seattle, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Merinoboy,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Seattle Hilton. I am glad as a Hhonors member we were able to wow you with our newly remodeled hotel. I look forward to sharing this review with the staff. We hope to have you back with us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My cruise ended in Seattle, and I needed to disembark by 9AM. Unfortunately, my flight home did not leave until 920PM. I'm travelling alone, and a little tired of the touristy stuff. I wanted a base downtown where I could relax and perhaps see a few sites.

The desk attendant on the cruise ship suggested that I try to get a day rate at a downtown hotel.
I made some calls (which is not easy from a cruise ship), and Hilton was the only hotel that seemed the least bit interested in helping me.

Right now, I'm sitting in my gorgeous room on the 16th floor overlooking downtown. View is good, but not spectacular. But the room is fabulous......much better than many places I've stayed.

Mostly, though, I'm impressed with the service. I called ahead to see when I could check in, and since I arrived a little earlier, I asked about the 8 hr time limit for the day. The lady who checked me in was kind enough to get me a brief extension.....now my stay coordinates perfectly with my
flight. Also, I've been helped by a few staff members who gave advice about places to visit and transportation to the airport.

I do not know why I'm reading so many poor reviews about this hotel. I'm very pleased.

Room Tip: Don't just book online.....call and talk with somebody!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cruiseman2013
Dear Cruiseman2013,
Thank you for your positive feedback of the Hilton Seattle. I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate your day room needs until your flight arrived. I am ecstatic to see the interaction you had with our staff was positive and that you enjoyed your room. We hope you stay with us in the future!
Uk
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Checked in for a couple of nights in executive rooms. Fairly small rooms by US standards and I was astonished by the car parking prices for hotel guests about a third of the nightly rate...
Everything was spotlessly clean.
Breakfast on the top lounge was included for exec rooms but the offering is much worse than in the main restaurant. Unfortunately I just found the whole place faceless with no real personality and the staff hardly engaged with me.
All in all, it's fine for a city centre hotel, I'd stay here in the future with my expectation now sensibly lowered.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SpunkyBackPackUk
Dear SpunkyBackPackUk,
Thank you for your candid feedback, I will go over this with other managers to see how we can improve our guest experience.
Cupertino, California
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Very conveniently located with walking access to the top downtown restaurants, bars and attractions. Perfect for both leisure and business travel with the Hilton guarantee. The only negative is parking access and price. But that is probably an issue for all Seattle hotels in downtown.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tawni_Holt, Front Office Manager at Hilton Seattle, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
thebee07
I am ecstatic to hear you had a wonderful time staying at the Hilton Seattle! I am glad we were convenient to all the places you were looking to go while in Seattle. We hope to see you in the future!
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The only thing going for this hotel is its downtown location and a few fantastic staff (Long at the front desk, and Fujita and Rosanna at the Executive Club). With no real entry and the lobby on an upper floor, it is quite a trick and a pain to park in the garage, unload and check in. With a few exceptions, the staff were not professional nor welcoming of guests. One early morning a surly woman "bossed" us about and made us wait quite a while for a table for breakfast in an empty dining room. On the third night, they "insisted" that we take our breakfast on the executive floor, where they had hardly anything worth eating. This upgrade seemed more punishment than reward. If you have a choice skip this hotel. Unfortunate for a storied brand like Hilton.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room with a view of the Sound
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DrParticle
DrParticle,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Seattle and also recognizing some of our great staff. I am sorry that your upgrade was more of a punishment than a reward and would like to speak you further in regards to your breakfast experience as it seems there is a training opportunity that needs to happen. Please if you get time reach out to me at tawni.holt@hilton.com or 206-624-0500 ext 1029.
Peru
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were an on family vacation and booked this hotel because most others were full on a Friday night. The location is in the business district and it's not centrally located for the tourists. The beds are comfortable and the Peter Thomas Roth toiletries were nice a perk. But the front desk staff was not knowledge about tourist information and of course, with most Hiltons, there was no free breakfast or Wifi.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear 145Kar,
Although we get a lot of business travelers we also get tons of leisure travelers especially during the summer, so I expect my staff to know the tourist attractions around the hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding the lack of knowledge that the front desk staff had about tourist information and would wonder if it was a particular day/time or person you encountered that had issues coming up with things to do as it would be a wonderful training oppurtunity. Please feel free to email me at tawni.holt@hilton.com or call me at 206-624-0500 ext 1029. Thank you for your review as it only helps us get better!