“Great downtown location. Great service”
Review of Hilton Seattle

Hilton Seattle
Ranked #56 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This is a great hilton. The rooms are small but well appointed and clean. The location is walking distance via a big hill to the wharf and Ferris wheel, as well as a ton of eat and drink spots. The service was awesome at the front desk and the concierge Michael is a real pleasure! Better than your average Hilton and looking forward to my next stay here despite the $40 overnight parking.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TruckeeTroutTraveler
Tawni_Holt, Front Office Manager at Hilton Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear TruckeeTroutTraveler,
It is wonderful to hear that you had a wonderful stay and great service here at the Hilton Seattle. I appreciate the time you took to recognize our amazing concierge Michael and will share this review with him. We look forward to having you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

A little disappointed with this Hilton hotel. It seems like they were trying to modernize but didn't do a good job. In addition, at the extravagant price tag of $350 a night you'd think you could get something decent.

Location is in the middle of the business district. Lots of restaurants and shops around. When you enter from the parking (which costs $41 overnight), you walk through this pathetic looking lounge area and bar. I think there is a restaurant here too.

My room was on the 15th floor. It was small, nothing special. I got room service, Caesar salad was decent, the soup was not amazing. Better off finding something else. 30 bucks.

Internet is not free. It's $10.95 per 24 hrs. I was willing to pay it but I could not login with my room number and last name. All my credentials were correct.
When I called the front desk, instead of simplifying this and giving me maybe a code or something, her immediate answer was to send up an engineer. What is he going to do for my wifi in my phone?
As suspected, he couldn't help me at all but called a help desk phone number, where the guy put me in hold for 5 mins while trying to reach the front desk who wasn't answering. He couldn't get it working either and manually added my MAC address of my phone to their wifi.

I was so tired at this point I couldn't believe i had to deal with this crap. I got the Internet free but I think it could have been handled better.

Fixtures in the room were old. The shower head was falling off but everything was functional. The thermostat was terrible and the ducts were old. I was either too warm or top cold. Making it warm made the room so dry.

At the price my company paid for this room, all this seemed really unacceptable.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Katje D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Pikachu132,
I have responded to you through Yelp where you had left the same comments but in case the tripadvisor respose reaches you before the Yelp site please see below:

Dear Laura,
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fall short. I apologize that our newly remodeled lounge area did not appeal to you when you arrived. I agree that the parking fee is high but it is actually a very competitive parking rate for overnight parking in downtown area. I want to let you know that I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our guest experience. Would you be so kind as to contact me personally at Katje.dye@hilton.com , to discuss the details of your stay? Unfortunately, Yelp does not provide the information that I need to investigate your reservation and room.
Regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I'm a Hilton Diamond member and have stayed in some of the nicest properties around the world. This property is very plain, especially the entrance and lobby and the room on the executive floor was rather small. However, the staff make up for these things. We were staying with points for 3 nights, but using points from my account, my husband's and my father's. I contacted Katje Dye, Guest Services Manager, who immediately helped us link the reservations so as to not have to switch rooms each night. We were also upgraded to the executive floor before our arrival, and even though we didn't have any view, I was told this was one of the largest rooms available, so I express my hearfelt thanks. The staff I encountered at the bar and at the executive lounge were pleasant and helpful. The hotel's location is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mrs. Griffiths,
It is so great to hear from you. Thank you so for taking the time to give us such a great review. I appreciate the compliments about the team member’s hospitality in the Bar, Executive lounge and myself. I’m so glad that we could provide you a great stay. I’m happy that you found the location so convenient and hopefully the next time you stay we can get you a room with a nice view. If you need anything regarding a future stay please don’t hesitate to contact me at Katje.dye@hilton.com or via phone at (206)624-0500. I’m look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to Seattle.
Cheers!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have stayed at a lot of Hiltons, in fact a Silver member, this was not one of the best. The hotel is sort of not on the street other than a little entrance that you go into (the gentlemen there were always nice) You take the elevator up to 3 places where you could check in. I was never sure if they were renovating or not. The small lobby off to the side was not warm or inviting. After paying $300 a night the thought of paying 10.80 per day for WiFi was galling (see my Motel 6 review) My room was adequate, good non slip tub. Air conditioner would rev up when cooling a bit like a jet engine. I tried breakfast the first morning but found it off putting and so ate elsewhere the rest of the week. Actually I stayed in the hotel as little as possible. The location is good though.

Room Tip: The higher floors would have a good view toward the harbor. South side

Dear John K,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I do apologize for the experience at our hotel and can understand your frustration. I’m glad to hear that you thought our bellman in the lower street lobby was very nice during your stay. I’m so sorry that we gave you the impression of still being under renovations. All of the public areas have been renovated and are complete. I’m very disappointed in hearing that you found our breakfast off putting. I ask that you please contact me if there is anything we can do to help alleviate the stress of your situation as we want to make sure every guest is happy with their stay. Please feel free to contact me at Katje.dye@hilton.com.
Thank you.
Katje Dye-Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Staying there for 2 days in May through a Booking offer, I was expecting a lot!!

The room was perfect, big for two persons, with all equipment and standards expected for a Hilton hotel.

My number 1 concern is the WIFI, that you have to pay if you are not part of the Hilton program... Such bad surprise and shame for a Hilton. It made me go off for a while...

Except this, the hotel is well located.

Room Tip: Pick a upper floor to have a great view of the city
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear JeremT,
I would like to thank you for taking the time and sharing your impressions of your stay with us. I’m delighted reading that you appreciated our location and thought the room was perfect. I apologize for the Wi-Fi fee but this is a standard at most of the full service properties in the downtown Seattle area. We do however offer complimentary guest Wi-Fi in our lobby area. Thank you again for your review and hope to welcome you back if you’re in our area in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Well, the title just about sums it up. Yes, the location is good. Yes, it was summer. But seriously, after taxes and parking it ended up costing me $1000 to stay here for 2 nights. 2. The room was the size of a motel 6, extremely small by Hilton standards, and it was one of their "Executive" rooms too! The hotel was difficult to get into requiring multiple elevators from the parking, the service was the bare minimum, and the building was ancient and perhaps the ugliest of any of the big chains in Seattle's downtown area. I am a Hilton gold member, so I stay in my fair share of Hilton's. At least 20 per year. This is not only the most expensive one I ever stayed at but also the worst, for the price. There just isn't any justification for double or triple charing me for a room worth $350 at most, even if it is downtown. It is clearly worth all of the other low scores it has received and I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room here at all.

Dear Wildphotopro,
I do apologize for the experience at our hotel and can understand your frustration. As a Gold honors member you are a valued guest and I’m sorry your experience was not to the Hilton standards that you have come to expect. I would like to discuss your stay in more detail. I’m available via email at Katje.dye@hilton.com

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Its funny. If you didn't know the Hilton was here, you would walk right by it. No grand entrance like other hotels, just a hidden little jewell. Very discreet corner entrance, then you have to head up to the 10th floor to the lobby. The lobby is very small, not your typical hotel lobby. It gives the hotel a "boutique feeling". I found it to be very welcoming. The staff is very gracious. I was in a King room on the executive floor (26th floor) and it was a very nice and spacious room with a great work area (desk). I had a great view of downtown and the Columbia Tower. Bed was very comfortable. The showers are extremely slippery, I actually fell down pretty hard. I found a mat under the sink so make sure you use it!!!!!! (I should have put it down BEFORE falling!).

Had breakfast in the executive lounge which was a great addition.

The only downside is the price of parking. More then other hotels I have stayed at in downtown Seattle. I was in NYC last week, and this hotel charges more then I paid there. with tax around $45 per night. I would research other garages next time. As I walked by other garages I found way cheaper overnight prices, I def. felt kind of "taken advantage of" regarding the parking, but I would stay here again because its a great hotel with an amazing staff.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view!

Dear Jarod,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I’m glad you were so pleased with the service that our staff provided. I agree that we are a hidden jewel in Seattle and I’m happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We do have a wonderful breakfast offered here each day. I truly appreciate all of your nice comments about the property and the staff. I apologize for the high overnight parking fee but our parking rates are very competive with other downtown Seattle properties. The great thing about our parking garage is that you have in and out access unlike other parking garages in the area. Please let me know if your travels bring you back through Seattle. I can be reached via email at Katje.dye@hilton.com