The very good positives are in my review title.
We were there for a convention at WSCC but the evening events were at the Key Arena just a couple of blocks away. Even though WSCC is further out, Quality Inn provides a complimentary shuttle service we took advantage of everyday. Also next to the nearby Key Arena there's the Seattle Center where there's the Space Needle, nice food court in the Armory and the Chihuly Glass & Garden exhibit we enjoyed. Next to that is the monorail you can ride (for $2.25) to downtown as an alternative to the shuttle. There's a McDonald's just before the Space Needle and around the corner from hotel there's a Walgreens.
Staying at Quality Inn it came with complimentary breakfast (eggs, sausage, waffles, danish, yogurt, fruits, coffee, juice, cereal, milk, etc ...), free wifi in room & lobby, computers & printer in lobby, shuttle service, gym and swimming pool (unfortunately we didn't have time to use). There's also free coffee, tea and water in the lobby.
Helpful friendly staff:
My friend made the reservation for us and another group and unfortunately there was some misunderstanding on the room arrangements that the front desk lady went to the extra effort to clarify at our 2am arrival that she didn't need to since it wasn't her fault for our problem. Her name I believe is Aliya and she was so helpful and courteous despite the trouble she was helping fix that really wasn't hers. On the following days of our stay anytime I had a question or concern the staff was so friendly to answer me. The shuttle drivers were also very friendly. One morning we headed to Top Spot Doughnuts and the shuttle driver even offered to wait for us. Because it was our first time at the historic doughnut store we opted to take our time and just walk back. On our last day we had about 3 hours in the afternoon before our return to the airport so they kindly held onto our luggage while we did some sightseeing.
We were actually torn on giving this a 3 or 4 star review but chose 4 because of the above. The beds were comfortable that for us it was easy to oversleep. The hotel and the rooms are not as fancy as the new big hotels more in downtown, but for our needs where we were out most of the time it was great. The furnishings and the 2 beds were just right for the 2 of us, the TV was nice but we didn't really have much time to watch. If there is one real negative I'd have to give is in the small bathroom where the water pressure was very weak. I had thought that maybe Seattle has some extreme water conservation going on despite the climate there, or our room #352 was at the end of the building where it got the last bit of the water distributed throughout the building. The water temperature was comfortable but showering would take twice as long as usual to feel rinsed off. I liken the amount of water pressure coming out of the faucet and shower to what I've experienced in third world countries. I actually told the front desk about it as we were on our way out for the day. We were asked permission if a room attendant could examine and work on it while were out and we said yes. That evening when we got back we noticed nothing with the water pressure had changed. Since we were more than half way through with our short stay we didn't bother anymore and simply put up with the inconvenience.
Last thing are 2 recommendations for other travelers. Make reservations with the complimentary shuttle service. Since the hotel does not provide free shuttle service to/from the airport (about 30 minutes away), we found using shuttleexpress.com to be very inexpensive and convenient since Quality Inn is one of their pickup/dropoff locations. If you have someone 17 & under they get to ride free with paid adult so for us it only cost $18 to/from airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and stay with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Center to enjoy the many city attractions and hidden treasures that Seattle has to offer. Whether traveling for business or leisure, witness panoramic views of the Space Needle soaring into the Seattle skyline or views of South Lake Union while relaxing in your room, or take advantage of our central location by simply stepping outside to enjoy our beautiful city. Whether walking, taking the Seattle Monorail just steps from our door, or taking a ride with our shuttle services for a nominal fee, our convenient location allows easy access to the central business district, luxury shopping, and Seattle's vibrant night life. Enjoy a bite to eat, wander our eclectic neighborhoods for a local experience, or just spend the day exploring Pikes Place Market, enjoying a cup of coffee while overlooking Elliot Bay. Complimentary shuttle services are provided throughout the immediate area with affordable rates to shuttle services beyond downtown Seattle. Let Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Center cater to your family. Start your morning off by following the aroma of delicious waffles to our Q-Cafe for our complimentary hot breakfast before embarking on your day. Take the family to see the penguins at the Woodland Park Zoo, or see the octopus lurking in the Seattle Aquarium down at the waterfront. And of course, whether it's to the Underground Tour of Seattle in Pioneer Square or to the next sporting event held at Safeco Field and Century Link Stadium, allow our friendly Guest Service Agents to arrange our shuttle service to start your next adventure. All of our guests enjoy complimentary newly upgraded fiber-optic wireless internet and more than a hundred channels of HD programming, including NFL Sunday Ticket to root for your team while you're away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites Seattle
- Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Hotel Seattle
- Quality Inn Hotel Seattle
- Quality Inn Seattle
- Seattle Quality Inn