“It's pretty good for the price”

Quality Inn & Suites Seattle
Ranked #81 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is well located, and a pretty good buy for the price (especially with a coupon you have from one of those coupon booklets you pick up from racks at rest stops on Interstate 5). The room size, quality, etc., are good but average for a well run hotel. The free breakfast was above average. (One problem: on the date I was there, April 23 2014, the map of restaurants near the hotel in the loose leaf binder of hotel information had the hotel located in the wrong place by many blocks.)

Room Tip: It has no restaurant but an excellent breakfast room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
QualityManagmentTeam, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for your important feedback. Please allow us to apologize for the error you encountered when looking through our hotel guest information located in our rooms. We can assure you this is not typical of our service and our housekeeping department has already been notified. We believe that with our full hot breakfast, complimentary shuttle services, friendly staff service, and perfect location combined gives our guests the best value possible for staying in downtown Seattle! We will be sure to let our breakfast team know how much you enjoyed it during your stay with us as well. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Center, we will be looking forward to seeing you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The room was too small, the bed was to hard, the pillows were too soft, the bathroom was too small, the shower curtain would not stay closed so water always got on the floor, the walls were way too thin....you could everything going on in the rooms next to you. The TV reception was VERY BAD, it was very grainy and hard to see. This hotel is in a great location and the girls at the front desk were great. The FREE breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Please don't stay here. If you do, we hope that your experience is a better one.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
QualityManagmentTeam, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Please allow me to apologize that your recent stay with us was anything less than a memorable and enjoyable experience. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable throughout their stay and we apologize that we fell short in providing this experience to you. We can assure you that this not typical of our services and we have shared your review with the rest of our team. We hope that despite your recent experience, you will be kind enough to give us another opportunity to provide you with exemplary service and accommodations. Should you decide to give us another chance, please contact me directly at gsam@qualityinnseattle.com and we would be happy to work out the best possible fit for you. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I did not choose this property at first and wish I had. The location is awesome (within a rock's throw of the Space Needle and Pikes Place Market). The property has an awesome front desk staff (I dealt with Jessica and Arturo, the Manager) who were informative on the phone and helped me get a great room. The room was cleaned thoroughly for a new arrival and the common areas are well maintained.

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms face the alley so would have less traffic noise although at night I don't...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for such an amazing review! We appreciate your feedback as it enables us to establish and maintain the high standards that the Quality Inn & Suites is known for. We are so lucky to be located just a couple blocks away from many Seattle attractions such as the Space Needle and Pikes Place Market! It makes us the perfect destination of choice with the best value in the downtown Seattle area! We thank you for mentioning our awesome staff members and will be sure to share your review with our entire team. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at the Quality Inn & Suites and hope that you will consider staying with us again when the next time your travels find you back in Seattle. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel by no means is worth the amount that I paid for it($149 per night) It is older, rooms lack outlets for charging items, shuttle is unreliable, walls are paper thin, and the rooms are the smallest I have ever seen. Our room had one queen bed a desk & a desser with TV on top. The dresser had to be put at an angle to fit in the room. I travel A LOT and never have I seen such a small room(even in NYC) there is also a clear lack in electrical outlets. I had to unplug the coffee maker to plug in my cell phone. The walls are paper thin, but the AC unit is LOUD so if you turn it on itll probably cancel out the noise in the rooms around you. The only reason I am giving this review a "Very Good" is the staff. They were nice, kind and caring. We stayed on a sold out weekend and there were TONS of people yelling at them for things going wrong and they were doing everything they could to keep everyone happy. For this reason alone, I didnt add to their list of complaints and I still give a "very good" review. There was a young lady on the front desk who worked the night of March 31st & morning of April 1st(I believe) she was getting quite an earful from a very rude guest. We were waiting to ask a question, when he walked away you could see he bothered her but she shrugged it off & helped us with directions. I wish I got her name, she was outstanding.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
QualityManagmentTeam, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Please allow me to apologize if you found the room to be too small. We have several rooms at our hotel of varying sizes, and we would be happy to work with you on your next visit to find the perfect fit based on availability. We will absolutely discuss your comments with our staff and Management Team to make sure your concerns are heard. As for our staff performance, we greatly appreciate you mentioning our wonderful and hard working team! We are proud to say that our team has been thoroughly trained with our Q-Service training program by Choice Hotels to provide the utmost customer service for all of our guests. We will be sure to share your review with our entire team. Thank you again for all of your feedback, we do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to accommodate you!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Title says it all. Staff were ready and happy to help with queries we had about how to get around as we needed to take the bus. Within walking distance to the Space Needle :) Rough flooring for the reception area could use re-thinking; not friendly to guests with wheely luggage to roll from the door to the elevator... The fire place adds a magnificent feel though :) warms you right up the minute you step in from the cold wind outside!

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms, a double queen and a single queen. Double queen room was great, had just about every...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

What a wonderful review, thank you so much for taking the time to share it with us on TripAdvisor! We are so happy to hear that our staff was able to assist you and your family with directions on how to get around our beautiful city. It is very convenient to have an easy public transportation system available just blocks away from our hotel! We will be sure to share your compliments of the quality of service you received while staying with us with our entire team, as I know they will be truly appreciative. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This review comes 3 months after my visit but I had to write it because I am being asked by friends going to Seattle this summer if I could make some recommendations. I was a first time visitor to Seattle this past December for the NCAA Womens Volleyball Championships. I decided that this would be a good trip for father and daughter as she is a big fan. As Canadians we always look forward to going to the States to visit as we always find things that are great deals, fun and different from Canada. A friend of mine who was coming to this as well, recommended we all stay at theis hotel. Right behind the Space Needle, 3 blocks from Key Arena the venue, and on the high speed mono rail line. Also really close to downtown.

OK, now the nitty-gritty. This place is not brand new and fancy, but don't let that fool you. From the moment we arrived by shuttle(which the hotel help me with) we were treated warmly by the ladies at the counter. We were able to upgrade for very little, and ended up in a room with 2 beds, full kitched, eating area and full bath, for prices that were far less then Canada for the same room. They also had a shuttle service that provided free shuttle to attractions in downtown core, and pick-up back to hotel. This included Fishermans Warf.

Lastly, I had a small glitch on my bill when I returned to Canada, and when I called up to explain, I got transfered to Sue, who was positive and helpful. She was able to solve the problem and replied very quickly to me with proper paperwork.

If you are travellling there for the first time, wanting to see the Needle, the downtown, football, baseball, gum wall, and Fisherman's Warf, I recommend this hotel. I will be doing the same to all my canadian friends.

Room Tip: Second floor suites facing Space Needle
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Rob M
QualityManagmentTeam, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you for your review, we are so thrilled that you were able to give us your feedback regarding your most recent experience here with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Center! As the saying goes, it is always better late than never! We take pride in providing exemplary customer service for all of our guests to ensure they have a memorable and enjoyable experience in every aspect of their stay. When you combine this type of customer service with our complimentary full hot breakfast, free shuttle services, and incredible location it makes us the perfect destination of choice in the downtown Seattle area. We are so honored that you were able to recommend our location to all of your friends that are coming through Seattle. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

nice location and staff. Bathrooms are a bit small for my liking and the pressure in the shower was lacking. (I personally prefer hand held shower heads and I am a big woman, so I didn't close the door when in there. North west cafe, I applaud your staff and what they have to put up with on a daily basis Sofy and Irene were fantastic.. Was a shame we went when the pool was down as I was looking forward to it, however, such is life. Would stay again in a heart beat!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words about your recent experience here with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Center. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us! It is always our goal to ensure we provide exemplary customer service to all of our guests with the best value possible. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast staff, we will be sure to share your review with Sofia and Irene. We will be finishing our renovations in the pool area in the near future and will be looking forward to your return! Thank you again for your amazing review.