After a 5 1/2 hr drive to Seattle for a concert, my best friend and I were so excited to get checked in, especially with how the rooms looked on the Choice website and being so close to the Space Needle. The first room we were checked into was small (two double beds) but had space to move around. Unfortunately, there was a tripping hazard under the carpet right as we walked into the room, the sheets had stains and spots all over them, and the ceiling had some sort of yuck on it. The Guest Service Lead got us moved into a different room but the new room was way smaller! And, when my friend pulled the sheets back on the beds, one had brown spots all over the sheets. There were finger/hand prints all over one of the headboards, and the bed skirt on the other bed was filthy. They changed the bedding and cleaned the headboard while we were out, and though we weren't looking for a discount, we were refunded our parking fees for our stay.
The rest of our stay was decent even though we did run across a few other down-sides here or there. The pool was closed for renovations, the hallways are a little dark and in need of some TLC, and the shower needs better pressure. The beds, although doubles (I'm a very tall girl and we couldn't get two queens for both nights), were actually very comfortable for solo-sleeping, and the A/C covered the loud street noise from the busy streets nearby. The staff were very friendly and tried to fix everything on the spot for us, even checking on us the next day to see if things were satisfactory. My only other complaint is that my receipt was only slipped half way under the door, which it contains personal information (like my name and address) that I wouldn't want just anyone to be able to pick up and walk away with. I don't know if that's a norm, or if mine only getting halfway under the door was a fluke, but it was a little disconcerting.
I'm still torn about whether I would stay at this particular location again or not. It's close to a lot of great things though, which would be the decision maker. We experienced Zeek's Pizza (a must! We tried the "Yeti") and Pie (inside the Armory--Meaty Mac & Cheese for the win, along with their Peanut Butter Creme). Space Needle, Ride the Duck, and Seattle Center's monorail--all of these are within walking distance (and taking the monorail, Pike Place Market is also turned into walking distance) which was a huge plus. We didn't have to move our car even once during our 2-night stay and we ended up doing a LOT of stuff.
To sum it all up: The location and friendly staff are definitely plus sides for this hotel. Cleanliness and watching for stained linens needs some work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and stay with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Center to enjoy the many city attractions and hidden treasures that Seattle has to offer. Whether traveling for business or leisure, witness panoramic views of the Space Needle soaring into the Seattle skyline or views of South Lake Union while relaxing in your room, or take advantage of our central location by simply stepping outside to enjoy our beautiful city. Whether walking, taking the Seattle Monorail just steps from our door, or taking a ride with our shuttle services for a nominal fee, our convenient location allows easy access to the central business district, luxury shopping, and Seattle's vibrant night life. Enjoy a bite to eat, wander our eclectic neighborhoods for a local experience, or just spend the day exploring Pikes Place Market, enjoying a cup of coffee while overlooking Elliot Bay. Complimentary shuttle services are provided throughout the immediate area with affordable rates to shuttle services beyond downtown Seattle. Let Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Center cater to your family. Start your morning off by following the aroma of delicious waffles to our Q-Cafe for our complimentary hot breakfast before embarking on your day. Take the family to see the penguins at the Woodland Park Zoo, or see the octopus lurking in the Seattle Aquarium down at the waterfront. And of course, whether it's to the Underground Tour of Seattle in Pioneer Square or to the next sporting event held at Safeco Field and Century Link Stadium, allow our friendly Guest Service Agents to arrange our shuttle service to start your next adventure. All of our guests enjoy complimentary newly upgraded fiber-optic wireless internet and more than a hundred channels of HD programming, including NFL Sunday Ticket to root for your team while you're away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Hotel Seattle
- Quality Inn And Suites Seattle
- Quality Inn Hotel Seattle
- Quality Inn Seattle
- Seattle Quality Inn