“OK”

Quality Inn & Suites Seattle
Ranked #81 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Briefly, busy breakfast room, barely clean room - stained carpet, well used furniture, beds not changed when requested, kids jumping off beds in room above, very late, all 4 nights we stayed. But it was reasonbaly priced and you get what you pay for. It served its purpose, but I probably wouldn't stay there on vacation again.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank country313
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Seattle

Reviewed 2 October 2010

Spent 3 nights at this hotel whilst in Seattle visiting friends. Didn't see much of the place as I was out and about most of the days and only came at night to shower and sleep. Not a bad place to stay, was a little hard to get to the breakfast room. You had to walk thru the swimming pool area to get there. Pretty handy with their airport hotel shuttle service - they pick you up from Seattle Airport and bring you straight to this hotel. Also, very handy to get to the Space Needle - only about a 5 minute walk to get there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Reasonably good property. Excellent location within Seattle Center, great connectivity to transit network. Rooms are a little noisy, and elevators/hallways are somewhat dated. Breakfast was decent, service was attentive. I can see where on-site parking can be an issue (is limited to surface & 1 underground deck), though it wasn't for us mid-week. For the money, looked like the best alternative as compared to neighboring properties.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Stayed at the Quality Inn on John Street - Seattle Center. The hotel is what you are paying for which means the following to me. Good price for the other hotels in the area. Towels that are a bit scratchy & rough. Lower grade bed, but good clean sheets. Here are the positives: Great location to Space Needle (3 blocks), Excellent help from the front desk - thanks Chris, good location to rental car locations if needed, standard, but filing free breakfast bar, low cost for parking for other hotels in the area, fridge & microwave in the room, two good grocery stores within 1-2 blocks, overall good price for budget.
Lows: Hotel carpet is worn, not a lot of sit down places to eat nearby, yes- the elevators are slow, but your on vacation, budget hotel as stated above.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

This hotel offers a cruise and park special - 238 dollars, excellent package considering they include up to 2 weeks parking and the shuttle back and forth to the ship. We stayed at the Maxwell for three nights before moving here so we were a little spoiled. As we were already in town and were told that the parking was limited we arrived early. Rooms were not available so we waited in the lobby. The lobby area is run down, outdated and dirty. Our room 219 was ready at about 1:30 which was fine - it is a very busy hotel. We took the elevator up - slow and creaky! Room 219 was disgusting, the carpets filthy and badly stained. I quickly looked down the hall at some other rooms, as they were being cleaned, and went back to the front desk. I asked the women for another room at the other end of the hall. She asked if the room had been cleaned and I said yes but that it was still disgusting and I was not about to sleep in it. She moved us to another room that was a bit better. The hotel has great potential ! Good location, indoor pool and work out room. Large breakfast area and parts of it have been updated. They need to update, clean and get new furniture for the lobby. The rooms and hallways all need to be completely refurbished. The elevators also need to be updated - they literally creek and are very slow. Stairs are easily accessible, but when you have several suitcases an elevator is necessary. They have laundry facilities but when we used the dryer it ruined two white shirts , they came out covered in grease!!
For Seattle this is the best cruise and park package available but if I weren't going to use that particular package I would recommend you go somewhere else until this place cleans up its act!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2010

My husband had a Microsoft gathering to attend in Downtown Seattle. I searched on Trip Advisor before I chose here and I am glad I did!! The rates inside of Downtown Seattle were 2-3X as much as this place PLUS they all charged extra for parking & WiFi and so we figured hey, let's pay a little less for the Quality Inn and just walk everywhere. And that is what we did.

We stayed mid-week for 3 nights. The $69 rate was very reasonable. The WI-FI and parking are free!! It looks as if there is not enough parking but there really is; they have another "secret" secure gated parking area underneath the hotel. You have to go around to Thomas Street to get to it. I felt very safe leaving my car there for 3 days. There is an elevator in the "secret" parking area that goes straight up to the hotel. Yes, the elevators are slow but they get you to where you have to go.

Some people complained about the noise but I honestly didn't think it was that bad. The front part of the hotel faces a busy street but when you are inside you don't even hear it. The back part faces another hotel and is very quiet. Once in a while you can hear people walking in the hallway but that is only if they are chattering away and have big mouths. The room walls are about the same. If you are a light sleeper like me just bring earplugs and you won't hear a thing.

The rooms aren't huge but they are very cozy and have a Fridge, Micro, Coffee. Some of the rooms have a view of the Space Needle. The bathrooms are very clean. The shower is hot with excellent water pressure. The beds are very comfy. I found no bugs, trash, weird odors, etc...in the room. It was very clean and tidy and housekeeping was great about keeping everything stocked for us. (I did tip them daily.)

The indoor pool and spa are heated. The pool area is very clean. There are towels for you in the pool area. The only gripe I could say about the pool/spa area is the chlorine fumes but it isn't too bad.

The FREE breakfast was great but the line fills up FAST so if you get down there anytime past 7, expect to wait. The good part is that everything is cooked fresh and you don't leave hungry. The breakfast crew does their best to bus tables, keep the counters clean, and serve everyone but when they are busy they can get behind on table cleaning. (It isn't their fault.) I made sure to clean up my table after I was finished so the next guy had a place to sit and eat. (I also tipped these guys daily. They worked their butts off!!)

The hotel staff I encountered were very helpful from day one. They helped me find everything on the downtown maps, showed me which way to walk, which areas to avoid, etc... Hubby and I had a late night the last night we were in town and so I asked for a late check out and they let me stay until 2 PM!! ( THANK YOU GUYS!! )

Everything around the hotel you can either walk or ride the bus to. If you walk just a few blocks down it puts you into the "Free Bus Zone" and then you can just hop from bus to bus touring the city. We did this when going to Chinatown, Union Station, Pikes Market, Waterfront piers & shopping, etc...

We walked to the Space Needle and caught the monorail ($2 each way) into downtown, walked around, had a nice dinner, then caught the bus back. The next day we walked to the free bus zone and took the bus down to the Ferry Piers, and went on a beautiful Ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island. If you want to see Downtown Seattle a very cheap ($7) and beautiful way, the Ferries are the way to go!!

The only thing I would say to avoid is the McDonalds across from the Space Needle. There are a lot of drug addicts & homeless in the vicinity and sometimes they filter into the restaurant asking for $$. One woman strung out on something came in and started screaming and yelling and got violent with the manager for forgetting a pickle on her hamburger. Fortunately when the cops came they all scattered but it was still scary.

All in all this place is a very great value for the price. Trust me I did my research! The only thing I would recommend is that if you have 2 people who use laptops is to ask for another chair for your room. Otherwise you will have to "surf" from either the bed or sit on the suitcase rack. :)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank Noodles913
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We went here only because they accepted our dog. Room was tiny but all on our floor seemed to be as well. Of course, putting one queen in the room instead of two doubles would have helped. Nothing though could have made the bathroom any larger...shower, pedistal sink and commode, with barely enough room to turn around. Towels are small and thin. There were no housekeeping people in the hall when we left after breakfast (no problems with that). We returned about 3:00 pm, the room had not been made up but they came about 4:00 as we were dozing off and relaxing. We exchanged towels and emptied trash without any other housekeeping service to lessen the disruption. Fitness area and pool appeared fine but we did not use. Good location: we walked to Space Needle and warf/pier area, Pike's Place, etc.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family