“Great Location, Size Makes it a bit Impersonal”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Location, Size Makes it a bit Impersonal”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

In August I spent two nights at the Sheraton Seattle and considered it a solid option in downtown Seattle. Positives: Great location, quiet rooms, nice amenities. Negatives: Huge size means long lines at the concierge desk, reception, and other facilities.

The hotel is conveniently located on the corner of 6th Avenue and Pike Street, in a bustling commercial district. It’s two blocks from the Westlake station, which is the terminus of the light rail system that links the city and the SeaTac Airport. The Westlake station is around the corner from the Seattle Monorail station, so you can easily get to the Seattle Center. The walk from the station to the hotel may be a bit challenging with large luggage, but it’s manageable. The area around the hotel is filled with shopping (Niketown, Nordstrom, Gap), and restaurants. The Pike Place Market is six blocks away.

The hotel was hosting a big conference that week, so it was sold out. The large number of guests meant lines for everything. The free Internet computers in the lobby were always mobbed. It was frustrating to try to speak to the concierge around dinnertime, as well. The line at the reception desk snaked halfway across the lobby. I’m a Starwood Gold Member, so I proceeded to the Gold/Platinum line to check in, since it was significantly shorter. The clerk rather curtly aksed me if I really was a Gold Member. The hotel has two towers and I stayed in the one along 6th Avenue. From my room I could see parts of the Seattle Center, but not the Space Needle itself (not high enough). If I craned my neck, I could catch a glimpse of Puget Sound. The hotel had all of the standard amenities, including a coffeemaker, flat screen TV and a room safe. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was quiet on the guest floors, even with a full house. On the second day of my stay I saw a huge family check in to the room next to mine. I didn’t hear them at all.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can in the tower on 6th Street to get a good view.
2 Thank WashDCRoad_Warrior

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (822)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Montreal
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Good central location near major downtown attractions, ( stayed there as as my wife and 13 year old son were leaving out of Seattle on an Alaskan cruise) and service was what you would expect from a Sheraton. Rooms are large and comfortable. I really only have 2 complaints.
1/ The restaurant states on their menu that there is a "Breakfast Buffet" , but was not available for the 4 times that I tried to order one! That seems a little strange for such a large hotel?
2/ The hotel does not have free access to Internet, which is really annoying as other major national and internation hotels do. After all one is paying a premium price to stay at a Sheraton and such a complmentary service should be available.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank bjg57
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed here for one night before our cruise. Our room was very clean and spacious. The reception staff were very friendly. The concierge organized transport for us the next day to go to Pier 91 without a problem.
The hotel is situated right in the heart of tourist heaven. Shops, restaurants/cafes and Pike Place Market are all within walking distance.
Definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PJJRK
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Overall I was happy with the hotel and most of the staff were friendly. We did have some not so pleasant service in the bar area with staff members standing around complaining about customers. And, the maid service wasn't so thorough. But, the location was great. Walking distance to just about everything we wanted to do. The beds were comfortable and we had all the basics we needed. Wifi in the room is not included ($10.95 per night) and parking (around $40 per night) was quite expensive. The valets however were very quick.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank SCGirl14
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your feedback regarding your experience in our bar with our Manager. Additionally, I shared your comments regarding our housekeeping cleanliness with our team as well. The staff at the Sheraton Seattle works very hard to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and I apologize we did not meet your expectations. We value your business and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Clean, comfortable hotel - classy too, close to restaurants, convention center, shopping, visitor sites. We had a great time on the 30th floor! I would not stay anywhere else in Seattle - hotel locks doors at night to keep out street people, safe area...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at the Sheraton Seattle. We pride ourselves for having professional, friendly associates who truly love what they do. We are glad that you enjoyed your time while in Seattle.
We are appreciative that you enjoyed the amenities that we provide and hope that you will return soon!

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I attended a conference at this hotel and everything went smooth.
My only complaint is regarding checkout. I was sharing the room with a colleague and we asked to split the bill 50-50. That was not the case and we had to make our own split through bank transfer. Besides that, everything else was great. Great location. Walking distance to light rail to go to the ariport. Walking distance to Public Market.

Room Tip: I like top floors. Rooms towards 6th street get sunshine.
Sydney
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed at the Seattle Sheraton recently while attending a conference. Having stayed there previously, I was looking forward to the experience. The hotel has a fantastic location in the middle of downtown Seattle, but the service quality left much to be desired. The check-in staff members were not the most helpful (bordering on the rude at times) and the reception phone wait was typically 1-3 minutes. I am a member of the Starwood club but that did not seem to make much of a difference in the allocation of the room or any other privileges. This Sheraton is not a patch on the Sheraton hotels in most parts of Asia!

Disappointed!