“Great location, property a bit outdated” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Seattle Hotel

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #38 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
San Francisco, California
“Great location, property a bit outdated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

Had a 2 night stay in September. The location of this hotel is ideal, if you are staying downtown. In the retail core, near Nordstrom, H&M, Washington Athletic Club. Easily walkable to Pike Place Market.

Inside is generally unremarkable. There is nothing wrong with it, but you wouldn't confuse it with a luxury hotel. It is a large hotel and was very full when I was there. The rooms and bathrooms are outdated, but pretty on par with other hotels in this price range.

Someone near me was shouting in the middle of the night, and it was very loud. Showerhead leaked continuously throughout the stay, but it was a slow leak.

As a Starwood platinum, I had access to the lounge. The lounge was nice and had great views. In the evening a nice cheese and appetizer selection was available.

If you are not spending much time in the hotel, this property will do.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Seattle. I apologize for the situation you experienced with the shower. I know it was extremely frustrating not to have access to a proper functioning shower. I have shared your experience with our Director of Engineering.
Sheraton Seattle prides itself on excellent customer service and we are sorry we were not able to live up to our standard during your stay with your guest room accommodations. We are constantly updating our product and did so just a year ago. We do appreciate your business and would like to have you back to the Sheraton Seattle as our guest.

Warm Regards,

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Austin,TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Was in town for a couple of night of business in Seattle and stayed at the Sheraton Seattle hotel. I thought the location was pretty decent - lots of shopping and restaurants around. 4-5 block walk to the Pikes Place. The rooms where clean and nice and I had a nice city view. Beds were comfy. I would recommend the Sheraton. There is a Daily Grill attached to the hotel, a plus.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review. I appreciate the comments about our location! Plenty of shopping and dining options as well as you walk down Pike. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Seattle and will pass on your praise to the associates. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel soon.

penelope1976
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Even though we were unable to upgrade to a king sized bed from the two double beds we were given for our stay, the room was extremely comfortable. If you are in town for a convention, this is a perfect location as the site is a block away and the walk is generally covered in case of rain. ;)

The room was clean, the service was fantastic!!! There is a lot of good shopping nearby, too!!

Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

This hotel is in a great location: close to the water, great shopping, good restaurants, and the freeway. I'd definitely stay there again.

It looks like the hotel has been recently renovated and I could hear sounds of construction from one of the meeting rooms so I don't think renovation is complete.

Room Tip: This is the third time I've stayed at this particular hotel and I've never had a "bad r...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review. I appreciate the comments about our location; Seattle is has such a great walk able downtown core! Plenty of shopping and dining options as well as you walk down Pike. I like your comments about our product, we are constantly striving to improve and have nearly completed a full renovation of our Lobby Lounge bar on the North side of the lobby along Pike St. That was the noise you heard that has now ended. We look forward to opening our Lobby Lounge towards the end of the month. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Seattle and will pass on your praise to the associates. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel soon.

Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

Rooms are comfortable. The higher the less street noise. Large TV and an option to go green and save $5 a night by not having daily linen change. The savings for 3 days I used to offset their expensive breakfast buffet.

Adjacent to Convention Center and a block from major shopping district and the Paramount theatre. Several good restaurants nearby. Did not use a cab and just walked even down to the waterfront. I used Priceline name your own price but probably went to high saving roughly 15%.

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

The Sheraton is a great location for doing things in downtown Seattle. This is just a few short blocks to Pike Place Market, original Starbucks, great shopping and the convention center. Bed was comfortable, room was typical for a large hotel. Very nice workout room. Staff was helpful.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Thanks for your review. I appreciate the comments about our location! Plenty of shopping and dining options as well as you walk down Pike. I like your comments about the hotel fitting the city…we know that people are coming to see Seattle, not the hotel and it is our hope that staying with us enhances the finer points of Seattle.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

I attempted to stay at this hotel for a conference, however, the special rate rooms were "all booked." This is possible since the conference was only 3 weeks out when I tried to book a room. The problem occurred when I asked about regular pricing and discounts that I could acquire to reduce the room rate. The salesperson on the phone did not have much to offer for discounts, but actually asked me 'who was paying for my room, anyway?' And since this was work related wouldn't I get 'reimbursed' for the stay. I found this attitude completely unethical and very ballsy! Not a fan of this type of sales pitch. From what I heard at the conference, this was the normal response to people in my similar situation, too.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rjbaud
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your booking experience. I apologize for the situation you experienced as that is definitely not something that we would condone or promote. Please know that your feedback has been shared with all of our teams to ensure that this experience is never repeated. We do appreciate your business and would like to have you back to the Sheraton Seattle as our guest. Please contact me via the hotel operator if I can assist you with a future stay.

Warm Regards,