Sheraton Seattle Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$184
US$166
  • Fitness centre
4,953 results
All reviewsconvention centerunion towernew towergreat locationthe club loungepike place marketcheesecake factorylarge hotelattending a conferencewithin walking distancetop floorspace needleacross the streetvalet parkingself parkbusiness tripstarbucks coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We have stayed her a couple of times before, but both times it was just my husband and I in a King bedded room. Although this isn't the best room in town (I'd stay at the Hyatt or a Kimpton over this in most cases), it is one of the best locations for seeing the city and shopping.

We brought our girls to Seattle for a couple of days to catch the end of the King Tut exhibit, before departing out of Seatac for our Christmas vacation. I should have really scrutinized what beds were available in this hotel, because for a family-of-four sharing a double-bedded room was a nightmare. Coming from a King bed at home to a double here, makes sleeping uncomfortable and an exercise in futility. Come on Sheraton, you can do better than offering a double-bedded room -- any hotel worth its salt will at least have 2 queen beds to a room. Your rooms seem to have enough space to accommodate that -- these are not the tiny historic hotel rooms of San Fran or NY.

The rooms must vary considerably, we were in a different tower than the last time. Our bathroom was much smaller than I had experienced before, so much so it was a challenge to manage our things on the countertop.

I don't know if it was because it was Christmas, but the service was very poor as you had to wait quite a bit for anything. A long wait to check in (despite only having one person in front of me), and a long wait to check bags or get your car.

I don't think I'll go back, unless I find a good offer on a concierge floor room with a King bed (minus the kids). Then I can actually enjoy their quality bedding and a good nights rest.

Room Tip: Concierge floor rooms are superior.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

epicureangirl - thank you for the review and your feedback with respect to the bed accommodations. I am very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations and needs with a room with two double beds. I would very much like the opportunity to have you back at the Hotel and would ask that you reach out to me once you have made reservations. I would be able to ensure your needs are met, with or without the kids. Please reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com.

Trevor

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Great hotel and had a great rate for the New Year. The room was very clean and it was nice that there was a bottle opener available for the wine we brought! The beds were extremely comfortable and the shower had fabulous water pressure.

Check in went very quickly and we were provided a lot of helpful information. The hotel was in a great location about 4-5 blocks from Pike Place Market and also walking distance from a lot of stores and restaurants.

The only con would be parking was very expensive - we used the valet as the parking in the lots nearby did not seem much cheaper in comparison. We did not use the hotel restaurant, we ordered room service which came quickly but was a bit pricey.

We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank lilemoevie
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Glad you were able to enjoy New Years with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Seattle and will pass on your praise to our associates. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel soon. I apologize that your expectations were not met regarding the parking fees. Our location downtown is ideal for walking and there is always plenty to see and do within walking distance or a short cab ride away. We continuously audit our valet parking rates to make sure we are competitively priced within Seattle and other major metropolitan cities. Additionally, please note that our parking rates include a 22% city tax.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 9 January 2013

The bed in my room was HEAVENLY. I usually have difficulty sleeping in hotels, but not here. The heating system is quiet, the room is absolutely immaculate, and did I mention that the bed is HEAVENLY?

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WorldWideRI
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We recently stayed at the Sheraton for a conference. Overall, the hotel is definitely above average in most categories with the only negative being the noise, a serious problem. The Sheraton has an upscale look, is located in a superb spot and is priced typically for conference travel. The room was clean and comfortable with a nice comfy bed. Everything was where one expects to find it. The carpet and bathroom were clean, if worn, and the desk chair was in good shape. That said, the electrics bordered on the comical as multiple plugs were plugged into two outlets not designed for so many cords.

The big negative of our room was the noise level. In part because our room was adjoining and in part because the metal doors transmit noise perfectly we could hear EVERY word of every conversation in the room next door as well as bathroom noise and the TV and all the noise in the hallway. We decided to speak at a whisper when in the room for the sake of our neighbors and our privacy. The noise level meant that the wake-up calls for all the rooms around us also woke us up every morning. One would think that in this day and age Sheraton could fix the doors so they don't transmit noise with the clarity of loud speakers.

The staff throughout the hotel was delightful and always polite and welcoming. The bar staff especially was great despite the crowds and the random rush. The maid was helpful and patient.

The location of the Sheraton was great. It is next to the Convention center. There are numerous fine restaurants all around it. The bar down stairs was sufficient and no more expensive than hotel bars usually are. There are also two restaurants and a small convenience cafe on site too. The Public Market is not far away. A taxi ride from the airport was a little more than a 30 minutes long outside rush hour times.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't share an adjoining door that way the worst noise will be from the hallway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Seattle. I apologize for the situation you experienced with the noise surrounding you during your recent stay. I have passed along your concerns to our Director of Engineering. We are currently working through a project to improve our connecting door sound proofing in our Pike Street Tower and rooms that have been retrofitted are realizing significant noise reduction from the adjoining rooms and hallways. I apologize that it was not a restful stay for you. We do appreciate your business and would like to have you back to the Sheraton Seattle as our guest. Please contact me via the hotel operator if I can assist you with a future stay.

Warm Regards,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Canadian, US, travellers and I am sure as well as others, look for hotels who have free wifi in their rooms. This was one of them. The rooms were clean and fresh, the breakfast was free being a loyalty Cardholder and it was well worth the price.
Well located, good rooms, comfortable beds, very friendly and accommodating even on 31st December.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family