“Great Location.”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #32 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed for 6 night as my husband was at a conference there. The room was large, clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that we had two double beds, not queen. Our 9 year old was thrilled to get a big bed all to himself but we found a double a bit of a squeeze. We opted for the "green" non service several times and I was happy to use the $5 vouchers for my coffee each time. It was nice not to have someone in the room every day. The location is excellent for getting to the waterfront and the Pike Place Market (wow, that's a crazy place) so my son and I walked everywhere, catching the bus and the monorail as desired. There's a lot of accommodation choices in Seattle so I would might pick somewhere else to get a bigger bed. The pool was great, though and the fitness centre was very popular.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your 6 night stay at the Sheraton Seattle. We appreciate that you took advantage of our "Make a Green Choice" program and found that it worked very well for your family. The rooms are large and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are very comfortable. We do have rooms with king beds and rooms with two double beds. Many of our rooms can accommodate a roll-away when needed. It sounds like you and your son got to see and enjoy much of Seattle and our wonderful weather. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My party of 5 stayed at the Sheraton for one night before boarding an Alaskan Cruise. Great location but VERY busy with a huge national convention of 6000 pharmacy people there at the same time. The Front Desk Staff was wonderful. Waiting for elevators was kind of a joke...LOL! The room (great view on upper floors) and amenities were also great. The walk to Pike's Market was easy. It's pricey...not a good for the value-minded traveler! Overall - a very good place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor with a view of the water!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

We were delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the Sheraton Seattle. It was nice to hear that our Front Desk staff was wonderful. Additionally, thank you for the feedback regarding your lobby experience. We continually adjust our staffing during busy weekends and city wide conventions for the anticipated volumes and apologize that you had to wait for an elevator.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed in the hotel twice within the last few weeks. As SPG Platinum (and being Gold or Platinum for more than a decade), I was upgraded to a towers room for the first stay; however, it seemed to be one of the worst towers rooms available. Directly across from the elevator, with two connection doors (one each to the rooms left and right), which all means that it is noisy. For the second stay, I received no upgrade and was assigned a low level standard room (which was changed to a higher level standard room after I requested it). When I asked the manager on duty about the hotel's upgrade policy for SPG Platinum, I got a very straight response: The hotel is close to the convention center, and groups are the priority, with their booking wishes being fulfilled first. SPG members receive "whatever is left". According to the manager, room upgrades are "almost never" available for SPG members. While I understand the strategy of short-term profit maximizing (although I assume that groups receive a huge discount), I would wish that most loyal guests receive a better treatment. In any case, SPG members should be aware of this.
While the location is great, I will certainly not stay in this particular property anymore. Being told that SPG members are receiving "whatever is left" is just not meeting my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

jktJakarta - Thank you for your candid feedback and please accept an apology from myself on behalf of the team. I would agree that this answer is not OK and we have been able to review this as a team to enhance our communication with our guests. We, in fact, manage through a large master arrivals report to assign rooms and upgrades based upon SPG level and VIP status. When we have large groups in house we may have several of our suites and view rooms contracted and then we work hard to accommodate all of our loyal guests like yourself. In this situation we did not have our best foot forward and I am sorry for that. Please reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com so we can connect via the phone.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was our first time staying at this huge hotel adjacent to the convention center and in the heart of downtown Seattle. We had the good fortune to be on the Club Floor (32). This is a very busy hotel with conventions coming and going..during our 5 days there was first a convention of independent pharmacies (6000 people) and then another of folks involve with large dams (1200). What this means to the casual traveler is that the lobbies and elevators are crowded and at times the health club (which is superb) is crowded. In the past I have stayed at the Fairmount Olympic which is a quieter place less than two blocks further south--but it seems to be a bit out of the center loop. Parking at the Sheraton is quite expensive but there are two good solutions: 1) don't rent a car and use the outstanding public transportation in Seattle--and if you need a car for the day Hertz is a block away and Enterprise is a few blocks away and they deliver; or 2) park (as I did) at the Pacific Place Garage which is two blocks away and about half the price of the Sheraton. The room was a good size with a lovely view; the Club Lounge offers a good solid breakfast and snacks at night. Overall, despite its hustle and bustle, as well its age, I would definitely stay there again if I decided to stay in the downtown core. My major negative is the bed--I don't like pillow tops and that is all they have there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed at this Sheraton in downtown Seattle for the second time last month. This has become my favorite downtown Seattle hotel for seveal reasons. The location is ideal - a short walk to Pike Market, the original Starbucks and most points downtown. The customer service is first rate and the rooms are spacious and well appointed. The Daily Grill, the restaurant attached to the hotel, has great food and good service. You can catch a taxi right outside the front doors but walking anywhere downtown is easy from this location. The Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program is also a bonus - you accrue rewards quickly and the program covers many properties all over the country. Love this hotel....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

We are honored to be your favorite Seattle hotel! Thank you for that compliment and for your loyalty. We appreciate your comments regarding our spacious and well appointed rooms and our first rate customer service. We look forward to providing you with this same experience on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

If you're here on business, especially an event at the Convention Center, you can't beat this location. You'll be centrally located amongst restaurants, shopping, public transportation options, steps from the public market and more. Traveling for pleasure-- even better. Great service, friendly staff. A busy hotel but for good reason.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The main reason for our stay was to attend a conference but we stayed a few extra days to have a look around. In total we stayed for eight nights.

The room was good with our only concern being the noise from a vocal guest next door for five nights which was exacerbated by having a connecting door rather than a solid wall between the two rooms.

We had a good view from a room which was comfortable, clean and well appointed. All the staff we encountered were welcoming, helpful and friendly including housekeeping, reception, concierge, bell boy and valet parking.

Overall a great stay in a lovely city!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel and for spending 8 days with us. We appreciate all of your comments regarding the excellent service you received from our team! I am sorry you experienced noise from the neighboring room but I am pleased that overall you had a great stay.