“Awesome Location and Nice Hotel”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night. We got the room for a very good rate off of hotwire.com. We wanted something that would allow us to walk everywhere we wanted to go. The hotel is in a great location. Across the street from The City Center and Gameworks, next door to the Convention Center and loads of restaurants all within a block. Pike Place is only about a 10 minute walk, same with Pioneer Square. The room itself was great. We were on the 27th floor and had a nice view of the city. The bed was super comfortable. Even though there was a constant line for the check-in desk (I never walked through the lobby without seeing at least 5 people waiting) the check-in people were friendly, smart and quick. The line felt long when we first arrived but we were in our room within no more than 10 minutes.

Parking fee's $46 which is way too pricey. We paid it for convenience sake but the Convention Center apparently has overnight parking for $29 and it's right there.

Would stay here again for sure and recommend to anyone who wants to spend a night in Seattle and navigate the city easily.

Room Tip: The upscale chocolate store, Fran's, is just down Union avenue about five blocks. Get a cup of...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thanks for selecting the Sheraton Seattle for your one night get-away. We appreciate your kind comments about the hotel, location, guest rooms and especially our associates. They love taking great care of our guests and I am happy you felt well taken care of. Thanks!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

one of the better Sheratons around for conference venues...consistent with their food and services. though i really wonder why there's too less of meats in our breakfasts... and something hot other than coffee... after all it is winter, hot breakfast comfort needed (probably i should have this feedback for the conference organizers)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. We appreciate the nice comments. Please do share your feedback with your conference organizers as well.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Have stayed here a few times over the last few years. This hotel is a fairly nice place and relatively close to everything to do in downtown Seattle.
The good: Nice, clean hotel, within walking distance to Westlake Center, Pacific Place, Gameworks, Pikes Place, Pioneer Square, restaurants, etc. Hotel has a pool which we didn't use but always a plus and hard to find in downtown hotels, parking onsite, and nice views of the city.
The just okay: Rooms are fairly small and could use a little updating/touch up. Parking prices are high and food prices a bit high. Should think about including breakfast or parking with the a night's stay.
I would definitely stay here again but would weigh my options as location is the main thing this hotel has to offer. Probably not for anyone on a budget or that doesn't like large groups/waiting to check in and out or valet parking their car.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Although it is a very large hotel, and always seems to have a huge amount of meetings and conferences, I always get the feeling that this hotel trains its staff very professionally, and as such, very good customer service is consistently applied. Although I've stayed at many different hotels downtown and in Bellevue, this is my primary hotel of choice. There are several reasons for this:

* As stated above, we'll trained, very professional staff.
* Excellent Club Lounge. Great breakfast and evening snacks.
* Spacious, recently updated rooms. Lots of upgrade options.
* Phenomenal attention toward SPG program elites. Attention toward SPG members is uneven throughout, but these guys always have given me some form of recognition, which is surprising give the sheer size of this hotel.
* The restaurant, The Daily Grill, is a very good restaurant, with lots of choices, healthy food options, and reasonable prices (particularly for a hotel restaurant).
* Excellent, convenient downtown location.

If you plan to drive and park, one option is to park across the street at the Convention Center. Their rate is $31 / night, which will save from the $46 valet rate; but you won't get in and out privileges.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Sheraton Seattle and Starwood Hotels and Resorts. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding our associates and the fantastic service they consistently provide. They enjoy providing every guest with a memorable stay. I look forward to sharing your review with the team.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Right across the road from the Convention and Conference Center, the Sheraton is in a great location for many business trips.

Rooms are large, well-maintained and have free wifi. The triangular shape of my tower (there are two towers) meant that all rooms are close to the elevator.

My only concerns were the "shower in a bath" (I prefer a real shower) and the somewhat small bath towels.

Sheraton have a "help the environment" offer where you can leave a card on your door to skip Room Service for the day. In exchange, you receive a $5 voucher for spending in the hotel. It paid for my breakfast!

Tip: If you're looking for a snack at night, there is a small store up the road, past the entrance to the Convention Centre.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate that you took advantage of our "Make a Green Choice" program and that it worked well for you. It is nice to know that you liked our location and rooms. Thanks for sharing your tip about the convenience store.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is a humongous Sheraton convenient to all the downtown attractions, so the location can't be beat. Other big plusses: the bed was utterly FANTASTIC and the food was good, in the restaurants and room service. I downgraded it to 3 stars due to spotty communication/ slow service throughout, and rip-off internet charges (not only are they very high but they run on a calendar system, so if you check in late and pay for that day, you pay again the next morning). There seemed to be confusion among the staff about the silly voucher system where you get $5 if you decline housekeeping. I was variously told that this did, and did not, affect coffee replenishment (it did), that I had signed up for it on check-in (I didn't), and that I did, and did not, need to go to the front desk to get my voucher certified. On a day that I did get housekeeping, I received a box of tissues that was soaking wet. I mean, wet like it had fallen into someone's tub, and then put back on the housekeeping cart to inflict on the next person (me). The lighting in the room was terrible (bedside lamps could not have been more than 25 watts) and the décor was drab and depressing. These are little things maybe, but they add up to my staying someplace else next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Burl B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Greetings Snarth,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Seattle Hotel. We go over all comments and feedback from online reviews with our teams to ensure we are learning from the comments and we will be working to improve our processes based on your insights. I am sorry about your experience with our Make A Green Choice program – this is something we will discuss with the teams to ensure we are all aware of the program details. I am also sorry that the tissues you received were wet – this is certainly something that we wish we could have addressed during your stay to ensure you were satisfied.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Seattle Hotel again soon so we can make sure your experience is as pleasurable as it should be. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to at burl.battersby@sheraton.com

Burl Battersby,
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 14 February 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Sheraton while attending the Garden Show. It was a perfect fit because it is only a half city block to the convention Center. It was very cold and snowy while we were there so we could easily come and go which made attending the show that much more pleasant. The Garden Show was wonderful and we could come and go as we pleased once we had our hand stamped. Being able to go for awhile and then have a break at the hotel was great.
The hotel was everything we expected, nicely accommodated with everything we needed, great beds, and quiet. Having a city view was quite magical on the night it snowed. We had several meals in the main dining area and the food was very good, as was the service. We did learn that next time we need to reserve for dinner. We had to eat at another place on the first night. The following days we reserved and had no problem All the staff were friendly and helpful. We will certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

The Flower and Garden Show is amazing and as you mentioned, right next door to the hotel. Thanks for the great comments about the hotel and restaurant. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the Daily Grill Manager. We'll see you at next year's show!