“A great experience overall”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Oregon
“A great experience overall”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The service at this hotel was great. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room size was large, beds comfy, and everything was nice and clean. There were many snacks and a stocked fridge available in the room for purchase. They also offer as many bottles of water as you need for free. Just call house keeping and they will bring them to you room. One thing to be aware of is that they only offer valet parking and parking costs $46/day in addition to the room rate. We didn't know this when we booked because we went through a 3rd party site. Apparently almost all of the downtown hotels charge for parking.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1558 which is near the elevators. We noticed that the voices of the people waiting...
Green Features: There is a great program offered where you can get a $5 voucher for every day you don't use house keeping, not including the day of check out.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Seattle and will pass on your praise to our associates! Connecting with our guests and ensuring that experiences such as yours, are provided each and every stay. Parking in Seattle is expensive. Please be assured that we are competitively priced for our parking services with other downtown hotels. We appreciate you taking the time to review us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Best described as easy and accommodating...I travel a fair amount for work...I can't pick out any faults with the room, service, food or location! Friendly staff all around. Quick and convenient room service and the food was still hot...I ordered room service so I could prep for my meeting and it was delivered within 25-30 minutes. The I house restaurant had a delicious breakfast buffet with various fresh fruit, cereals and hot typical breakfast favs including a chef station where he made an omelette of my liking. I like the fact the offer a $5 credit for each day that I choose to forgo room service during my 6 day stay. I can't see why a business exec or family would not stay here. The internet worked seamlessly in the room and lobby/restaurant. They offered business services and had a fitness room with a 40 foot lap pool which I did not check out as my deluxe suite with king bed and the many sites including the farmers market at pike place only 6 blocks away kept me busy. I hope your star is as good as mine is thus far.

Green Features: As I said you can forgo cleaning to get a $5 credit for dining. Fab idea.m
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thanks for the great feedback and we love your overall statement that the hotel and staff are easy and accommodating. Thanks for participating in our Make A Green Choice program. It is a win win for guests and the environment! It sure sounds like you are keeping busy and are taking advantage of our central location. Enjoy the rest of your stay.
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I recently took our son for a quick trip to Seattle. We stayed here at the Sheraton, and loved the location! It was within walking distance of so many attractions, restaurants and the heart of shopping! We were only there for 24 hours but loved the hotel! The front desk staff was wonderful! We stayed on the executive floor, which our son absolutely loved! The room was spacious, very clean and quiet! The only thing I have to say is that the beds were very firm, and not as comfortable as we thought they would be. Otherwise, wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your son loved the guestroom. Thank you for the great comments regarding our Front Desk team. I'll be sure to share your compliments with them. I am sorry that you didn't find our beds as comfortable as you had hoped however; it is nice to know that this didn't affect your time with us.
Redgranite, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a beautiful corner room in this lovely hotel. The view was gorgeous. There was so much to see we need to return and spend more time. The hotel lobby is lovely. While we were there there was a glass art display.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryWeidner
Steven B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Hello MaryWeidner~

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. Actually our glass art display is a permanent fixture, so it will be up for quite a while. Please come back and visit again!

Kevil, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was here for a conference, so we got the hotel room at the conference rate of just under $60 a night. I am told that's a fraction of the normal price. The room was clean, beds were comfortable, bathroom spacious (liked the curved shower rod and thought the marble was pretty) and I appreciated the in-room Starbucks coffee and choice of teas (orange pekoe or earl grey) as well as the choices of sweeteners, including Splenda, that most hotels do not provide. (I am a diabetic, and this is very important to me!)

The conference provided a Continental breakfast and plated or (last day) boxed lunch, all of which were good, but not great. I understand the breakfast buffet is normally $25, which seems far too expensive. Of course, you can always grab something to eat at the Starbucks coffee shop in the lobby. For meetings, a variety of spaces for various needs was available and convenient.

What set this hotel apart from others in the area was the fantastic location, which was an extremely easy walk to the monorail (which takes you to the space needle) as well as a 10-minute walk or so to Pike's Place Market.

The only problem I encountered was when the maid changed out the room one day and delivered the free bottle of water. One day it was obvious that it had been opened, and it was only about 2/3 full. I immediately notified guest services, which apologized profusely and brought up two new bottles. I also noted this with the front desk as I was checking out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Steven B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hello rontu78~

Thank you for your great review. And I apologize again for the shortfall with your housekeeping service. I’m happy we were able to correct that for you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

south carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Downtown Seattle for a Conference. While the check-in line was nearly out the door upon arrival, the front desk was fully manned and the staff was very pleasant, patient and accommodating. I actually returned to check in 2 hours later and the line was just as long. At that point, I had no choice but to wait it out.

Elevators were plentiful and fast. I never had to wait more than a few seconds for the elevators which was tremendous. The hotel is one block away from the Convention Center so that one block of fresh air was a good thing. It was a few blocks from the waterfront.

Room was comfortable and clean. I was even given the choice of a high or low room. Beds/linens were also quite nice.

Only complaint was an issue with the toilet. I had to mention it twice and I was twice reassured it had been taken care of. Well, that was not the case. This proved particularly exasperating as I could not use it at all early Saturday morning when I was scrambling to dress, pack and check out. Upon mentioning it again to the front desk when checking out, they were extremely apologetic/sympathetic. They added some points to my Starwood account and removed the wi-fi cost from the bill.

Otherwise the stay was fine. I don't typically stay at these type of hotels [too large] but I would recommend it to folks who do.

Room Tip: There are two towers. I stayed in the Union Tower.
Green Features: They do offer a discount if you choose not to have your room serviced every day.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank yav4711
Hello yav4711~

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed our central location and all our great amenities. It’s true that our hotel lobby can get crowded during peak times, and we strive to keep the lines moving and the wait times short. I am also sorry for the glitch you experienced and that it wasn’t taken care of before check-out. Hopefully your conference and the rest of your stay in Seattle was top notch. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a great stay in this hotel. The rooms are a bit old and do not include WiFi, but otherwise comfortable. The lobby and reception area is huge, which is especially a plus since those areas do have WiFi. The location is unbeatable - just a 10 minute walk to Pikes Place market, a 2 minute walk to the nearest train station (which will take you directly to the airport), and plenty of other shopping/food attractions.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for the great comments regarding our lobby and our unbeatable location. We are fortunate to be situated in the heart of Seattle. Thanks again.