“Good business stay”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights at a conference. Although the hotel got very busy, everything still seemed to cope well - apart from the elevators, as you might expect. The concierges were particularly helpful and offered great advice. The only complaint I had was the intermittent nature of the internet connection in the room and public spaces. The beds were wonderful - it was hard to drag myself out to go to work some mornings!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thanks for staying with us during your week-long conference. We're glad to hear that the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed helped you get the restful and relaxing sleep needed when traveling!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,690)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Sheraton Seattle Downtown is conveniently located in the center of Seattle, within easy walking distance of the downtown shopping district, Pike's Place Market, the Seattle Aquarium, and even the Bainbridge Island Ferry, and with close transit ties to the Space Needle and Seattle Center, South Lake Union, the Pioneer Square District and the International District. The rooms at the Sheraton Seattle Downtown are clean and have all of the typical hotel amenities (televison, desk, wi-fi) but are not exceptional. They do not have especially large desk or sitting spaces, cable television is basic--a relatively small TV without premium channels. Bath and shower area was fine.

The best thing about this hotel, apart from its really great location, was the service provided by check-in desk, concierge, and entry door staff. Staff went out of their way to be attentive and helpful, attempting me to locate and contact the rental car agency when my reserved hotel pick-up did not arrive, and even finding dollar coins for me when I wanted special small gifts for children. All of the desk and room staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for all your great comments and feedback. We are proud of our associates, and reviews like yours demonstrate why. Our team understands guest service – and it shows. We're glad they were able to assist you in your search for the perfect small gift for children. We appreciate that you chose us for your stay and we hope you will do so again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Terrific location and very lovely staff. The meetings rooms are fresh and well decorated. Great lobby space. Rooms are typical, but always appreciate the consistency. Room service food was mediocre - better to visit the hotel restaurant.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visited Seattle for a professional conference (with my boyfriend in tow) and had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton for 4 days. I will write my views by categories to make it easier to read:

Location: This is a great location! There is a Niketown across the street, Macy's down the street, movies across the street, a Cheesecake Factory down the street. There are many restaurants (e.g. Sullivan's, Ruth's Chris) and local coffee and lunch/deli spots within a 1-3 block radius. This is a great location to be able to walk and see all of downtown Seattle. We walked to the Space Needle (about 2 miles) and the Famous Pike Market (about 1/2-1 mile) and found great shops in between.

Parking: Nightmare! If you are familiar with Seattle at all you know that parking downtown is essentially non-existent unless you pay for it. And pay for it we did. Valet at the hotel is ~$45/day, self parking is ~$40/day and a garage down the street and around the corner is $30/day (includes in-out privileges). We chose the cheaper garage and the valet guys at the Sheraton will give you the information for the offsite garage if you ask about it. Also, there is an airport shuttle for your convenience--this is a better option. Only rent a car if you have to. The hotel is ~10 minutes from the airport.

Overall hotel: Very clean and staff was very attentive. Although this was an international conference and hundreds of people were in attendance, the hotel did not seem too crowded. Very spacious and accommodating for the needs of the group and ample room to take care of your business needs. There is even a FedEx location on site. There is a fitness center, which really IS a fitness center. On the top floor (35th) with a view. Not your typical room with a few machines labeled as a 'fitness center' as with other hotels. In fact, it is two story; 1st floor: elliptical, weights, water, treadmills, towel bar; 2nd floor: treadmills mostly and a few ellipticals, with a balance ball.

Food: We did not eat in the hotel at all. There are restaurants located inside however a bit pricey given that you can go down the street or across the street for comparable or superior food. Also, we wanted to experience local fare and get out on the town. I highly recommend doing that.

Concierge: There is a great team that has maps of the city and are like walking tourist directors. They can provide information about anything that you want to know about the city or favorite restaurants, etc. I suggest at least stopping by and getting local insight as to how to best view the city.

I hope that my opinion helps you on your next trip to Seattle. I try to be fair balanced and unbiased in my views.

Safe travels!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you so much for providing such detailed information and feedback. I love the view from our pool and fitness center and all of the equipment it offers - glad you enjoyed it too. I agree with you that parking is expensive and hard to find in Seattle. As you mentioned, you really don't need a car to get around to all of the great sights. Leave the car at home if you can! I look forward to sharing your compliments with our concierge team. Thanks!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for a conference and walked around on the lunch breaks and evenings. Great restaurants within walking distance and the tram to the space needle was easy. Room was nice and clean. The area, like most urban downtown areas, had it's share of homeless people walking around but they didn't really bother anyone. As a matter of fact, I purchased a sandwich for one homeless woman on my last night and she was very appreciative. I work in an urban area and am not adversely affected by the homeless population. If you are freaked out by some homeless people, then downtown Seattle, in general, might not be the right place for you. I would stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed 8 nights and were located on Club level. The Hotel is clean, comfortable and well located in Seattle for both business and pleasure. The concierge staff are excellent if you are a visitor and they were very helpful with booking tours (often having discount vouchers).
The two things that were not pleasant are smokers congregating around the stair entrance making you walk through a cloud of cigarette smoke to enter the Hotel. Although there are signs, these are not enforced. Finally, I was on the 34th floor which most would think would be great. However there was a constand thump thump thump from the gym above at all times of the night (11.30pm and even 1.30am). As I had jetlag, sleeping was a challenge at the best of time - so I would never stay on this floor again. If you are wanting Club levell, do not stay on this floor - or get a guarantee if there is noise, that you will be moved. I was in 3426 - so I do not know if other rooms had the same problems. It was a shame as this really impacted on my impression of the Hotel and experience. However, I would stay here again (different level).

Room Tip: Do not stay on 34th floor- because gym noise will disturb your sleep
1  Thank Ezzmay_Petunia
Steven B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello Ezzmay_Petunia~

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and providing valuable feedback. I will definitely pass your compliments along to our concierge team! And I am sorry for the negative portions you also experienced. I am working with our hotel leadership to address the concerns you present. Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Warmly,
~Steven Brogan
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is business-oriented and fits all the needs of a perfect stay in Seattle. It is located near all attractions and businesses, within walking distance. The service and rooms were superb. The breakfast was great. No internet in the rooms, but the lobby had great free service, without interruption.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for the great review. We love your compliments for our hotel and our team!