“Clearly a secret”

Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
florida
“Clearly a secret”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I'm a little puzzled that this hotel wasn't ranked higher on trip advisor. There were a hundred things to like.

Service - front desk staff were always above and beyond friendly. I interacted with Marisa and she was helpful, informative, and cheerful. I was 4 hours early for check-in and it wasn't a problem at all. My perfect welcome to the city! I also had interactions with storing luggage and getting directions -- both were quick and smooth. The staff working parking and bells service were kind without being overbearing. I never felt like anyone was looking for a tip. But I always felt like everyone was sharp and focused on work. It was never challenging to get assistance.

Room - Clean, spacious and tremendous view. I had a view of the water and city in an upper floor in pike tower and it was a 5 star experience. The bathroom was spacious. A lot of counter space, amenities included bath gel, a mesh poof sponge (never seen that), lotion, and a nail file. My room had 2 trash cans (one for recycling). As other posters noted, if you elect to pass on getting linens changed, you get a 5.00 voucher for use in hotel. This works even in their small store with fruit and yogurt. And of course, coffee if you want. The coffee in room isn't stingy. It's starbucks. The window was huge and had a shelf area you could put things on. Internet speed was perfect and I never got kicked off. TV stations - had movies you could purchase, 3 sports stations, and wide variety of stations otherwise. Beds were as plush as you expect. Everything was clean. No mold or cracks in bathroom, glasses clean, and starwood guests get 2 free large bottles of water.

Design - smart building! Each floor splits off the elevator. Then, each side splits off 2 more times. This minimizes the noise. You have a little alcove of just 2 rooms in your area of the floor. Lots of privacy. The lobbies and banquet spaces also make perfect use of twist and turns. Little restaurants at different ends of building. In the lobby, you have computers you can use (separate from printing boarding passes) and long stations to plug in your electronics. Perfect when waiting for your flight. There are many couches and chair groupings to talk with family or colleagues. On conference floors, there are beautiful pianos set down a long hall. Adds elegance and charm. Plus, large windows from near floor to ceiling line walls on conference floors and bring outdoors in. There are escalators, elevators and stairs to easily get around. In particular, there are speed escalators that skip the first 20 floors if you are higher up. Even with large conferences, I barely waited with about 8 elevators in each tower. Bathrooms on conference floors were large and classy.

Location: This is the perfect location. I walked down to the water several times and the closer I got to the water, the more I felt more concerned about my surroundings. It wasn't significant, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay any further down the hill. Meanwhile, I could be there with a 10 minute walk. By the hotel, there was plenty of foot traffic and it was easy to be out for a late dinner after the conference. Tons of shopping and food within a block or two (without spending a ton of money). Starbucks, Cheesecake factory, chipotle, veggie grill, tcby, sushi. If I was with family, it would be tons of fun. Famous market nearby, plenty of locally owned stores for browsing, famous chains, and easy access to public transportation. I heard one guy giving another colleague the rationale about why taking train to the airport was so easy and just $3.00. I took a shuttle and it was also easy.

Just a little known tidbit if you do travel with a pet (I did not). Friend took me to dog park in neighborhood by Univ of Washington. Biggest dog park I've ever seen. And a part that goes out by lake and dogs can go in and swim. They looked so happy chasing balls and frisbees.

The hotel was spacious and had a buzz of activity without feeling crowded. It just felt like a destination all in itself. I'd highly recommend it highly for conference organizers, family, or even a romantic get-away. You don't see the last too much in descriptions, but I think the class and spaciousness of the hotel makes it a good place for a couple. In fact, I talked to a couple on shuttle back to airport who said everything was accessible to them from this hotel and they loved their stay.

Room Tip: Mine couldn't have been better. Floor 28, pike tower, water view.
Green Features: Described above (the 2 trashcans and the voucher for every night pass on linen change go above and beyond).
3 Thank ncftrav
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
WOW! Thanks for this fantastic review. We truly appreciate your loyalty. I am sure all of your detailed descriptions will help travelers find the perfect place to stay while visiting Seattle. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights at a conference. Although the hotel got very busy, everything still seemed to cope well - apart from the elevators, as you might expect. The concierges were particularly helpful and offered great advice. The only complaint I had was the intermittent nature of the internet connection in the room and public spaces. The beds were wonderful - it was hard to drag myself out to go to work some mornings!

Green Features: If you choose not to have your towels and bedding changed every day, the hotel rewards you with a $5 voucher for use in their food and beverage outlets - great idea!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for staying with us during your week-long conference. We're glad to hear that the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed helped you get the restful and relaxing sleep needed when traveling!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Sheraton Seattle Downtown is conveniently located in the center of Seattle, within easy walking distance of the downtown shopping district, Pike's Place Market, the Seattle Aquarium, and even the Bainbridge Island Ferry, and with close transit ties to the Space Needle and Seattle Center, South Lake Union, the Pioneer Square District and the International District. The rooms at the Sheraton Seattle Downtown are clean and have all of the typical hotel amenities (televison, desk, wi-fi) but are not exceptional. They do not have especially large desk or sitting spaces, cable television is basic--a relatively small TV without premium channels. Bath and shower area was fine.

The best thing about this hotel, apart from its really great location, was the service provided by check-in desk, concierge, and entry door staff. Staff went out of their way to be attentive and helpful, attempting me to locate and contact the rental car agency when my reserved hotel pick-up did not arrive, and even finding dollar coins for me when I wanted special small gifts for children. All of the desk and room staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

Green Features: Yes, the hotel practiced environmentally friendly policies.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for all your great comments and feedback. We are proud of our associates, and reviews like yours demonstrate why. Our team understands guest service – and it shows. We're glad they were able to assist you in your search for the perfect small gift for children. We appreciate that you chose us for your stay and we hope you will do so again in the future.
Denver, CO
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Terrific location and very lovely staff. The meetings rooms are fresh and well decorated. Great lobby space. Rooms are typical, but always appreciate the consistency. Room service food was mediocre - better to visit the hotel restaurant.

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visited Seattle for a professional conference (with my boyfriend in tow) and had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton for 4 days. I will write my views by categories to make it easier to read:

Location: This is a great location! There is a Niketown across the street, Macy's down the street, movies across the street, a Cheesecake Factory down the street. There are many restaurants (e.g. Sullivan's, Ruth's Chris) and local coffee and lunch/deli spots within a 1-3 block radius. This is a great location to be able to walk and see all of downtown Seattle. We walked to the Space Needle (about 2 miles) and the Famous Pike Market (about 1/2-1 mile) and found great shops in between.

Parking: Nightmare! If you are familiar with Seattle at all you know that parking downtown is essentially non-existent unless you pay for it. And pay for it we did. Valet at the hotel is ~$45/day, self parking is ~$40/day and a garage down the street and around the corner is $30/day (includes in-out privileges). We chose the cheaper garage and the valet guys at the Sheraton will give you the information for the offsite garage if you ask about it. Also, there is an airport shuttle for your convenience--this is a better option. Only rent a car if you have to. The hotel is ~10 minutes from the airport.

Overall hotel: Very clean and staff was very attentive. Although this was an international conference and hundreds of people were in attendance, the hotel did not seem too crowded. Very spacious and accommodating for the needs of the group and ample room to take care of your business needs. There is even a FedEx location on site. There is a fitness center, which really IS a fitness center. On the top floor (35th) with a view. Not your typical room with a few machines labeled as a 'fitness center' as with other hotels. In fact, it is two story; 1st floor: elliptical, weights, water, treadmills, towel bar; 2nd floor: treadmills mostly and a few ellipticals, with a balance ball.

Food: We did not eat in the hotel at all. There are restaurants located inside however a bit pricey given that you can go down the street or across the street for comparable or superior food. Also, we wanted to experience local fare and get out on the town. I highly recommend doing that.

Concierge: There is a great team that has maps of the city and are like walking tourist directors. They can provide information about anything that you want to know about the city or favorite restaurants, etc. I suggest at least stopping by and getting local insight as to how to best view the city.

I hope that my opinion helps you on your next trip to Seattle. I try to be fair balanced and unbiased in my views.

Safe travels!

Green Features: There is an option that you can keep your hotel sheet/towels to 'go green'. If you choose this option, you can choose between a $5 voucher for the coffee shop in the lobby or 500 Sheraton points for each day that you choose not to have your laundry changed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you so much for providing such detailed information and feedback. I love the view from our pool and fitness center and all of the equipment it offers - glad you enjoyed it too. I agree with you that parking is expensive and hard to find in Seattle. As you mentioned, you really don't need a car to get around to all of the great sights. Leave the car at home if you can! I look forward to sharing your compliments with our concierge team. Thanks!
Orange County
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for a conference and walked around on the lunch breaks and evenings. Great restaurants within walking distance and the tram to the space needle was easy. Room was nice and clean. The area, like most urban downtown areas, had it's share of homeless people walking around but they didn't really bother anyone. As a matter of fact, I purchased a sandwich for one homeless woman on my last night and she was very appreciative. I work in an urban area and am not adversely affected by the homeless population. If you are freaked out by some homeless people, then downtown Seattle, in general, might not be the right place for you. I would stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Brisbane
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed 8 nights and were located on Club level. The Hotel is clean, comfortable and well located in Seattle for both business and pleasure. The concierge staff are excellent if you are a visitor and they were very helpful with booking tours (often having discount vouchers).
The two things that were not pleasant are smokers congregating around the stair entrance making you walk through a cloud of cigarette smoke to enter the Hotel. Although there are signs, these are not enforced. Finally, I was on the 34th floor which most would think would be great. However there was a constand thump thump thump from the gym above at all times of the night (11.30pm and even 1.30am). As I had jetlag, sleeping was a challenge at the best of time - so I would never stay on this floor again. If you are wanting Club levell, do not stay on this floor - or get a guarantee if there is noise, that you will be moved. I was in 3426 - so I do not know if other rooms had the same problems. It was a shame as this really impacted on my impression of the Hotel and experience. However, I would stay here again (different level).

Room Tip: Do not stay on 34th floor- because gym noise will disturb your sleep
Green Features: Great - we took the every three day clean and received a $5 credit per day.
1 Thank Ezzmay_Petunia
Steven B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello Ezzmay_Petunia~

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and providing valuable feedback. I will definitely pass your compliments along to our concierge team! And I am sorry for the negative portions you also experienced. I am working with our hotel leadership to address the concerns you present. Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Warmly,