“Seattle Sheraton”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #31 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Easy check in. Upper floor room booked on SPG web site. Extra large safe accommodates 15 inch laptop. Free computers in lobby area for guest but surcharge in room. Short walk to Pike place and waterfront attractions. Nordstrom flagship store 2 blocks. Had great time in lobby area bar/lounge. Took the train from airport to downtown then about 4 block walk to hotel.
As seniors cost was 75cents each. Approx 30 minute ride.

1  Thank jerwick
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thanks for the great review. We appreciate your comment on our large in-room safes. The light rail to and from the airport is the absolute best way to go. It is very inexpensive and drops you off very close to our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Seattle Hotel

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent location. This place is heaven for the ladies. Within walking distance for those ladies who love to shop, shop, shop. Located near a local fish market of outstanding quality. No car needed. Walking distance to what ever your desire is. Hotel, as is the city, is very clean.

Room Tip: Southside of facility has very good views
2  Thank Thetraveler60
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel wasn't average, but I wouldn't put it as high as very good, either. It was just...good.

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on the 6th floor (priceline, so cheap room), on May 31 of this year in celebration of our 24th anniversary. We are premier platinum members for Marriott, so we stayed here knowing that we'd have no "status", but thought we'd give it a whirl.

First, the pros:

-Check-in was fairly quick, and given the long line we were in, very painless. The person checking us in was pleasant and efficient.
-Location is wonderful for a downtown Seattle experience, especially if you are interested in seeing a theatre show (I believe the 5th ave is right nearby).
-Room was clean, with nice amenities.
-Beds were very comfortable and had great pillows. LOVED.
-Though we didn't go to the bar, it looked well decorated and lively.

Cons:
-The hotel just looks tired, on the inside. Very much in need of a little sprucing up in the hall carpeting, etc. Our rooms had everything they could possibly need, but the decor was early '90s, at best.
-The insulation was poor in our room (#626). We could hear our neighbors to the right and above us--even just folks walking around.
-Valet parking took forever to retrieve our car. We very nearly had to call a cab for our dinner reservation, because we didn't know that it would take >15 minutes to be reunited with our car. That said, everyone was friendly.

It was all that we needed, and in a great location. If you're not into frills and don't mind waiting a little bit extra for your car on a busy evening, then it's a great value for what we paid. We did not have a view, since ours was a priceline booking, but I'm sure a view could be arranged.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gretchen H
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights. Service at check-in was great. It was the first SPG hotel I have been to that took advantage of using a separate line for gold and platinum members. I guess it's because it such a large hotel. We were upgraded the to club level in the Pike Tower. The room had a great view of the city and Puget Sound. The Club Level breakfast was great, although for our second day breakfast we walked the few blocks we were to Pike Place Market for all the great food it has to offer. It was also close to the monorail to get to the Seatle Center. We opted to make a Green Choice, so I cannot comment on housekeeping. we arrived to a clean room. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello Brandon B~

Thank you for your wonderful review. I’m glad you enjoyed our service, great location, and Make a Green Choice program. Those SPG points do sure add up fast with the program! We look forward to your next visit!

Warmly,
~Steven Brogan
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have been here for several nights and these are my findings: if you call down for a: front desk operator, housekeeping, concierge, etc - they simply do not answer the phone. I 've stayed at hotels all over the world for 20 years and really have never experienced anything like it in my extensive travel history. In fact I am writing this review because I simply cannot address any concerns on site as management, housekeeping, the concerige, etc simply do not pick up nor respond. As insult to injury: every time I have waited the at least 10 minutes to get through to a live person, to request housekeeping or a turn down service, etc, the request is then simply forgotten. Anything I've received I have called at least twice for or have had to leave my room to go find the housekeeper, concierge, etc in person. When housekeeping does come, the service is poor. This morning I needed to have a package boxed and picked up - not an unconventional request for a frequent hotel guest. Not only was the request simply dropped but I was told USPS could not pick up at the hotel (incorrect), with no alternative suggestions. I have also now been waiting a few hours for the promised call back and for my requested "scissors" for a project, that I have requested both by phone and in person, with promises they would be "immediately delivered" but to no avail. This hotel's customer service is among the worst I have seen in 20 years of active traveling.
This week my friends and associates stayed at the Grand Hyatt and Fairmont for the same price point - both a MUCH better value in downtown Seattle, with preferable accomodations and ACTUAL customer service. I heard they even answer the phones at those other hotels! ;-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LHopkinsWashingtonDC

Hello LHopkinsWashingtonDC~

While I thank you for sharing your feedback, I am shocked to hear this is the service you have been experiencing. It does not sound like the service we provide at all. I encourage you to please contact me directly, so that we may discuss your stay, and figure out how such a breakdown occurred. I would love to make this right for you.

Warmly,
~Steven Brogan
Front Desk Manager
steven.brogan@sheraton.com

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel could not be better located. You are in the center of everything. Niketown, Nordstrom, H&M, Cheesecake Factory, Aldo, Starbucks (of course) etc. Pike Place market is down the street. Hotel rooms are very nice, really nice lobby, fitness center is open 24 hours, nice indoor pool on the 35th floor. Housekeeping was great. The hotel has a nice restaurant and bar in the lobby.Easy access by light rail from the airport. You don't need to look any further. This is an excellent choice for your next stay.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 24th floor and had a nice view of downtown.
1  Thank Fed M
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thanks for the excellent review. We really appreciate your recommendation. It sounds like you enjoyed shopping during your stay. ZARA recently moved to Seattle just a block away - very exciting! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for one night after returning from a cruise. I had read that this was a huge convention hotel so wasn't expecting much. It was a big hotel but it didn't feel like one. We were able to check in at 9am which was great. We had a huge room in the older Pike tower. You could tell from the hallways that the hotel tower was older but it didn't feel old as the rooms were updated. The room was huge and there was a lot of room to spread out. I didn't like the pillows on the bed but that's about the only negative thing I can think of. The hotel has a great location close to all the stores so anyone interested in shopping should be happy here.

Room Tip: I think the other tower may be newer but the rooms in the Pike tower were huge.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We're glad that you were pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed our hotel and your guest room. I hope you all enjoyed the cruise to Alaska!