“Great concierge. Breakfast service not so great. ”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
“Great concierge. Breakfast service not so great. ”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Efficient check in staff. Rooms easy to find and it was clean and comfortable.

Concierge ladies were brilliant. Friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was less than inspiring. Service was slow and the waitress not very friendly helpful or efficient. I asked for cutlery and after a ten minute wait I went and fetched my own.
Tea was not the best. Not as bad as Lipton but just not great, a limited selection and the water not really hot hot enough.

The buffet lacked cold meats and cheeses. There was not much evidence of dishes being replenished and people were asking after items continuously.

The toasters didn't work and when they did were painfully slow. If you had both running simultaneously the power tripped leaving neither working again.

I didn't feel it was good value.

Next visit I'll bring my own teabags and stick to continental as bacon is just weird in America. Thin and chewy and leathery. Where do the decent cuts go?

Next visit I'll skip breakfast in the hotel and venture out I think!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Helly J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This property is centrally located near the convention center, Pike Place market and all the shopping downtown.

We stayed for one night on business, nothing to write home about the hotel. The room was warm and even though we set it to 60 all night with the fan at high, the room did not cool down anywhere close to even a comfy 66-68.

Beds are comfortable, just what you expect from a Sheraton.

Booking was interesting. We called three times, the first two reps told us that they were sold out and the third one got us a room instantly. Perhaps just a lucky break..an immediate cancellation...just thought it was interesting as the calls were all within a half hour of each other.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PrashantSrivastava76
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The bed was very comfortable, and the mattress was not too soft. I was disappointed because the gym and swimming pool were closed for renovation. The gym and pool are on the top floor (35) with a commanding view of Seattle. I chose this hotel over the Hyatt for that reason.

Room internet will cost you $10.95 per day, but there is a free Wi-Fi zone in the lobby; however, I was unable to connect to VPN.

Valet parking will cost $36 per night, but overnight parking in the nearest parking garage will cost at least $30 over night. Parking is a hard to find in Seattle. If you stay in this hotel you can walk to the Market, aquarium, and other attractions at the water front. The next time I fly to Seattle, I will take the train from the airport. I paid as much for parking each day as I did for the rental.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Seattle Hotel for your recent visit. We are so delighted to hear that you explored the city and found our location to be a nice hub to all that Seattle has to offer. Thank you for your comments regarding our relaxing and comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I liked this hotel. As others have said the location is good for exploring downtown. Our room was fairly modern, spacious & the bed was very comfortable. Although internet access is free in the lobby (which is nicely furnished) there is an extra fee for internet access in the room. Personally I think internet access should be included in the room rate. If I visit Seattle again I will choose a different hotel that doesn't charge for in room internet access.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We arrived at 5 pm and our room was not ready. We went to the Club Level and waited for three hours with no call from the front desk. We asked our server to call the front desk to see if our room was ready. He said it was. We got to the front desk and the room was not ready, so they gave us a room that was not on the club level, but gave us access to the Club. There were no robes in our room, no key to the mini bar and after thirty minutes we had to call to find out where our luggage was. They promptly brought it up then. Our room appears fine, but we clearly got off to a bad start.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with some valuable feedback. This is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve, however we are dismayed that you would have had this type of experience. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. Please contact me either through email at Madalena.Miller@Sheraton.com or via our hotel operator so that I can work to make this right for you.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma
Islamorada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel was centric to everything. Walking distance to Pikes Market, the monorail, restaurants, shopping, fantastic ! great customer service, rooms clean, bedding sooo comfortable, gym, pool, If there is something a little negative were the prices of the food and drinks, but there were so many other choices around the hotel the high prices didn't pose a problem.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for your great recommendation of our hotel. Thank you for commenting on our hardworking associates; customer service is very important to us. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed is designed to provide our guests with the much needed rest and relaxation they desire while traveling away from home. Thank you again for your review and on behalf of the entire team here at the Sheraton, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Seattle.
Evans, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was centrally located to everything Seattle. One block up from the Nordstrom flagship store, a must stop for shoe shopping. Three block walk to the Public Market. Loulay is a wonderful French restaurant within the hotel. You simply must splurge on breakfast one morning during your stay there. The staff and concierge were very helpful. The bar staff and service was outstanding. I bought some wine at a shop near the market and they were fine with me paying a corkage fee of $10.00 for the evening. This was helpful and cost effective for me as I hosted colleagues there twice during my 6 day, 5 night stay. It's on the more expensive side, but well worth it.

Room Tip: I requested a lower floor because I would be coming and going quite frequently and it was not a prob...
Green Features: This was a bit of a struggle, but worked out. I was there for three days without a cleaning, but had to request one mid-stay after my colleague arrived to share the room with me. If you are staying longer than three nights, definitely request a cleaning and they will come promptly.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate your wonderful comments about our team members. It’s nice to know you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. Loulay is fantastic and I agree with you, breakfast is delicious and a must at least once during your stay. (Did you try the hot chocolate?)