“Good location, good bedrooms and service”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Good location, good bedrooms and service”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived early from Vancouver and managed to get booked in early which was great as we had an early start.
Room was on 17th floor - very clean, great bed and bath. Lots of nice accessories and bathrobe in bathroom.
It's a pity they charge for internet in your room.
Close to all the good shops but also lots of panhandlers around the hotel begging. Some of them can be quite aggressive - seem to be more in Seattle than other U.S.A cities - very sad.
Nice staff everywhere in hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room on high floor
Green Features: The Green option seems to me a way of saving hotel money.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay at the Sheraton Seattle. I am so pleased that you were able to check-in early! We do try to have rooms available for early arrivals, but it is not always possible. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall time in Seattle. We look forward to your return visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I was very pleasantly surprised with the level of service I received last weekend here at the Sheraton Seattle. We booked a specious Pike tower one-bedroom suite which was perfect. Room 3102 was spot on. Prior to my visit, I sent an email through the general website requesting the room to be de-feathered and I also stated my unease with the fact that many reviewers have praised the union tower over the Pike, as the latter known to be the older dated tower. Within a few hours, I received a personalized email from May Fellores, who is the manager of the Club lounge services. She really put my mind at ease as my son, who is highly allergic to feathers is prone to severe asthma attacks. When I arrived and opened the door, we were so impressed--we were greeted with a personalized card, bouquet of flowers and bottled water/fresh fruit. This is definitely not the kind of service I expected from a hotel with a 'convention type' reputation -- this was first class, personalized service. It's amazing how one employee can really make a huge impression on the entire hotel and it's brand.
The room was huge - two full bathrooms and a gorgeous view of downtown. I also found it very quiet, aside from the odd plumbing sounds at night.
Our package included free wifi, use of club lounge which included hors d'oeuvres and continental breakfast which I think is perfect for families travelling with small children. Again, the service here was bar none. As we were enjoying our snacks during happy hour, a very pleasant female employee came and struck up a conversation with us. It was not until 5 mins into the conversation did I notice her name tag - May Fellores. She is a real gem and and it was very nice that I got to thank her in person for making our stay so perfect.
For those of you who are looking to stay at a central location downtown Seattle, this is definitely your place. Although it is viewed as a convention type of hotel, clearly they have stepped up the game and started moving towards a more personalized model of service having such stellar key front-line staff such as Ms. Fellores.

Stayed June 2014
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We really appreciate all of the wonderful comments you have shared about your stay. Our goal is to make every guest feel welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for your fabulous comments regarding May Fellores. May is extremely professional and does an excellent job as our Club Manager. It was a pleasure to share your comments! We know how lucky we are to have her! Thanks again and we look forward to your return visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was here on a business trip in late June. There were a lot of good features to the hotel. I stayed in the Pike Street Tower. The hotel room was a good size, clean, and well lit. The shower pressure was good, with two settings, and the water was hot pretty quickly. The in-room safe was one of the largest I have ever seen (1.5 feet high by 1 feet wide, I would guess), big enough for a laptop and a laptop case and other valuables. However, it was on the floor, so you always have to get on the floor to get your items.

The bed was comfortable and firm. The hallway was well lit as well. My room was pretty close to the elevators, but I never had noise issues.

The fitness center on the 35th floor of the Pike Street Tower was large (two levels!) with up to date equipment. However, if you are not on floors 20-35, you have to get off 1 set of elevators on the 20th floor (or 1st or 2nd floor) and go across to the other set of elevators to get to the gym. It was kind of a pain, but usually the wait was not too long.

The internet connection (ethernet cable) in the room worked well.

The hotel is near many other places to eat, which was good, as the place in the hotel (express grill?) served stale bagels. The muffins were fresh.

A few items on the negative side: The desk chair did not adjust as high as I would have liked. Also, I did the "green choice", but I specifically told the person at the desk that I did not want it for my whole stay, but that I would do it on a day by day basis. He said no problem, but I got a card on the first day (when I did not ask for it). I had to call the desk again, and they told me that it was a "default" and had not been changed. They made the change, but I was kind of upset that I had to ask twice.

Overall, a good hotel.

Room Tip: On the Pike Street Tower, if you are on the 20th floor, you can get to the gym on the 35th floor or...
Green Features: They need to revise the Green program to have a default of the guest choosing when to use it, rather than a "default" of never having the room cleaned for several days.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for leaving us a note here. It is very important to us that all our guests feel welcome and taken care of and it's great to see we managed to do so during your stay! However, I am sorry to hear of your experience at the Daily Grill. I will share your comment about the bagel with the restaurant manager.
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

A very nice hotel, centrally located. Rooms were fine. Here on business, working in the room until noon. Housekeeping knocked and I asked them to come back in a bit... They never did. I called down to housekeeping and the front desk several times, and they did finally bring fresh towels late in the day. Also just a bit pricey for the level of hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Burl B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear OlyRanger,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with housekeeping service not returning to clean your room. I am also sorry that you had to call multiple times for service. We have reviewed your comments with our Housekeeping team in order to learn from this and I would like to do what I can to improve your impression of our hotel.

Please email me at burl.battersby@sheraton.com with your contact information as I would like to try to turn this situation around.

Burl Battersby
Alberta
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton July 2-4. The hotel is located centrally and within walking distance of all of downtown. The lobby is updated and nice. Lots of elevators so you rarely have to wait for a ride up or down.

Our room was outdated. It was ok, not much to complain about but not worth the price. I had a sore back after sleeping in the bed.

We had to pay for internet. We received half off for being a Starwood member but it still cost 5.50 a day. I wish these hotels would get into the 21 century and provide internet for free. I thought that Starwood guests received free internet. Had I know it cost I would have selected a different hotel.

The service was good and the experience wasn't bad but it didn't live up to the other Sheratons that I have stayed at. When I left Seattle we went to Vancouver for a couple nights and stayed at the Sheraton Wall. New hotel, cheaper, up to date and no charge internet. That's what I expected from this Sheraton.

When I come to Seattle next time I will try a different hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hello Mark W~

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your recent stay. I do apologize if you felt the amount paid did match up with the value received. Being centrally located in the vibrant, downtown core of Seattle, we do our best to balance all of our amenities offered, with staying competitive with other downtown hotels. And while we are always looking for ways to offset the cost of our internet, allowing 1236 guest rooms the option of connecting 4 devices at a time, at full download speeds, does require a very extensive infrastructure. I do hope the rest of your stay in Seattle was great, and that we are able to welcome you again in the future.

Warmly,
~Steven Brogan
Front Desk Manager
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just arrived, seems like a great location but apparently as my booking was with booking.com nothing is guaranteed so no king bed, these beds are small and I'm not looking forward to sleeping in them . Really needed tea, none in the room even though I enquired on check in. Rang for some and they bought me 2 bags go herbal tea! Just not what I was hoping for. Saved a long time for this holiday...

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bellchad
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us at the Sheraton Seattle. We are disappointed to hear about your most recent experience and would like to express our sincere apologies for what you encountered. We would like to find a way to ensure that you found value for the money you saved to visit us, if time allows please contact me personally so that I may assist you, I may be reached via email, Madalena.Miller@Sheraton.com. I have shared your experience with our Director of Reservations and Housekeeping so that the issues you note may be rectified regarding the lack of tea in your room and your bedding type. Thank you for your feedback, without it we cannot improve.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is centrally located in downtown Seattle. It is within walking distance to the monorail that takes you to the Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass as well as the Pike Street Market area and several other shopping venues. A short cab ride will take you to the piers where the ferry and sightseeing boats leave from. The rooms are nice, clean and well appointed but are fairly expensive compared to other comparable rooms that I have stayed in. I suppose you pay for the location. I would stay there again just for the location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jesse M
We appreciate your comments on our convenient location to all that Seattle has to offer. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back whether it is for business or pleasure.