“Perfect for central Seattle” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Seattle Hotel

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #38 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Ardingly, United Kingdom
“Perfect for central Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, excellent facilities, very friendly. Check out the lobby bar for some well priced fine wines and snacks. The Barman gave us a warm welcome and looked after our needs. The concierge team were great and really helpful as were the guys on the door. The hotel is very central and well placed for Pike St market and an array of big name shops nearby.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Seattle Hotel for your recent visit. We are delighted to hear that you explored the city and found our location to be a nice hub to all that Seattle has to offer. I have shared your comments with the Fountain Wine Bar team and they are pleased to hear you enjoyed the wine and service. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I pay the going rate to stay here just for the location. Everything that you need or most of what you want to see is with in walking distance of this location. The rooms could use a bit of a touch up but beds are great after a long day of walking. Front desk staff was very nice this time (have had bad in the past) but we will continue to say every time we visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and recommendation of our hotel. We are grateful for your loyalty and want to thank you for sharing your comments for our convenient location and courteous Front Desk associates.
Keyport, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This is a hit, looks like it was recently renovated , join rewards and try get star wood preferred floor, gym
/ pool very nice.
Got a great deal on hotwire.com for high season.
Minutes from all the tourist sites.
Parking was the only issue @ $46 a day, if you have to drive you can use public lot on 7th and pike, hotel will also recommend this as an option.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
We're glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope to be your hotel of choice on your next visit to Seattle.
Vancouver BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I last reviewed this hotel in 2012 when I stayed there on a business trip. I was again booked into this hotel recently. Nothing much has changed. It has a great location but it is a corporate style hotel catering mainly to the conference market. The hotel lacks character. It has very large public areas, reasonable rooms but the price is high for what you get. Definitely not worth the prices that they charge for their rooms. I did not use room service this time so cannot comment on whether their prices are still as high as they were last time I was there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Colin3160 - thank you for your review. Yes, the Hotel is a large convention hotel and during the summer months it can be quite busy with groups, business guests and leisure guests. We work very hard on connecting with our guests no matter why they are traveling. We do love our great location and receive many wonderful comments on our beautiful lobby space. I hope your travels bring you back to Seattle and would ask that you reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com so I can offer assistance to your next booking.

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived early from Vancouver and managed to get booked in early which was great as we had an early start.
Room was on 17th floor - very clean, great bed and bath. Lots of nice accessories and bathrobe in bathroom.
It's a pity they charge for internet in your room.
Close to all the good shops but also lots of panhandlers around the hotel begging. Some of them can be quite aggressive - seem to be more in Seattle than other U.S.A cities - very sad.
Nice staff everywhere in hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room on high floor
Green Features: The Green option seems to me a way of saving hotel money.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay at the Sheraton Seattle. I am so pleased that you were able to check-in early! We do try to have rooms available for early arrivals, but it is not always possible. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall time in Seattle. We look forward to your return visit!
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I was very pleasantly surprised with the level of service I received last weekend here at the Sheraton Seattle. We booked a specious Pike tower one-bedroom suite which was perfect. Room 3102 was spot on. Prior to my visit, I sent an email through the general website requesting the room to be de-feathered and I also stated my unease with the fact that many reviewers have praised the union tower over the Pike, as the latter known to be the older dated tower. Within a few hours, I received a personalized email from May Fellores, who is the manager of the Club lounge services. She really put my mind at ease as my son, who is highly allergic to feathers is prone to severe asthma attacks. When I arrived and opened the door, we were so impressed--we were greeted with a personalized card, bouquet of flowers and bottled water/fresh fruit. This is definitely not the kind of service I expected from a hotel with a 'convention type' reputation -- this was first class, personalized service. It's amazing how one employee can really make a huge impression on the entire hotel and it's brand.
The room was huge - two full bathrooms and a gorgeous view of downtown. I also found it very quiet, aside from the odd plumbing sounds at night.
Our package included free wifi, use of club lounge which included hors d'oeuvres and continental breakfast which I think is perfect for families travelling with small children. Again, the service here was bar none. As we were enjoying our snacks during happy hour, a very pleasant female employee came and struck up a conversation with us. It was not until 5 mins into the conversation did I notice her name tag - May Fellores. She is a real gem and and it was very nice that I got to thank her in person for making our stay so perfect.
For those of you who are looking to stay at a central location downtown Seattle, this is definitely your place. Although it is viewed as a convention type of hotel, clearly they have stepped up the game and started moving towards a more personalized model of service having such stellar key front-line staff such as Ms. Fellores.

Stayed June 2014
We really appreciate all of the wonderful comments you have shared about your stay. Our goal is to make every guest feel welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for your fabulous comments regarding May Fellores. May is extremely professional and does an excellent job as our Club Manager. It was a pleasure to share your comments! We know how lucky we are to have her! Thanks again and we look forward to your return visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was here on a business trip in late June. There were a lot of good features to the hotel. I stayed in the Pike Street Tower. The hotel room was a good size, clean, and well lit. The shower pressure was good, with two settings, and the water was hot pretty quickly. The in-room safe was one of the largest I have ever seen (1.5 feet high by 1 feet wide, I would guess), big enough for a laptop and a laptop case and other valuables. However, it was on the floor, so you always have to get on the floor to get your items.

The bed was comfortable and firm. The hallway was well lit as well. My room was pretty close to the elevators, but I never had noise issues.

The fitness center on the 35th floor of the Pike Street Tower was large (two levels!) with up to date equipment. However, if you are not on floors 20-35, you have to get off 1 set of elevators on the 20th floor (or 1st or 2nd floor) and go across to the other set of elevators to get to the gym. It was kind of a pain, but usually the wait was not too long.

The internet connection (ethernet cable) in the room worked well.

The hotel is near many other places to eat, which was good, as the place in the hotel (express grill?) served stale bagels. The muffins were fresh.

A few items on the negative side: The desk chair did not adjust as high as I would have liked. Also, I did the "green choice", but I specifically told the person at the desk that I did not want it for my whole stay, but that I would do it on a day by day basis. He said no problem, but I got a card on the first day (when I did not ask for it). I had to call the desk again, and they told me that it was a "default" and had not been changed. They made the change, but I was kind of upset that I had to ask twice.

Overall, a good hotel.

Room Tip: On the Pike Street Tower, if you are on the 20th floor, you can get to the gym on the 35th floor or...
Green Features: They need to revise the Green program to have a default of the guest choosing when to use it, rather than a "default" of never having the room cleaned for several days.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for leaving us a note here. It is very important to us that all our guests feel welcome and taken care of and it's great to see we managed to do so during your stay! However, I am sorry to hear of your experience at the Daily Grill. I will share your comment about the bagel with the restaurant manager.