“Great Location”

Ranked #34 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Location”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is located on Pike Street and is one of the stops for the hop off hop on bus. It is a modern building with two towers. Our room was spacious and the hotel was quiet. Parking is expensive, but we parked across the street next to the Cheesecake Factory for $30/24 hours. There is paid WiFi which I didn't use...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks for selecting the Sheraton Seattle for your Seattle visit! We are super convenient for the hop on hop off buses, the Emerald City Trolley, the Monorail which brings you to Seattle Center and the Space Needle and many other great attractions. We appreciate your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Seattle Sheraton has a great location if you are planning on staying downtown. Plenty of access to buses, rapid transit, easy to get anywhere. The staff here is one of the poorest I have experienced. They are rude, could care less about a guest's experience, and take no responsibility for their poor actions or lack thereof. This is not my first visit but the lack of staff that provides hospitality is an ongoing issue.

Room Tip: Corner rooms Union Tower.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
sealizis - thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We do like our location and it is fantastic for anyone needing to get around the city with ease. I am so sorry about your experiences with our staff and am very disappointed to hear this. I would very much like to discuss this in more detail so I can understand what occurred directly from you. Please reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com.

Trevor
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was at this hotel for five nights, attending a professional conference. The staff, including reception, concierge, and housekeeping, were friendly and helpful. They made me feel that my comfort and convenience was their utmost concern. Although my room was very close to the elevators, every night was quiet and I could have thought I was the only person on my floor. The bed and bedding, in keeping with Sheraton's reputation, were perfect for sleeping and relaxing with a good book. The room was clean with wonderful amenities. I chose to forego housekeeping in order to take advantage of the $5 coupon, which really helped me stretch my budget. The Daily Grill kiosk, where I used the coupons, was a great place to grab a latte in the morning and a sandwich or salad for dinner in my room.
The hotel is located in the hotel district of Seattle, close to the Mono-rail and Link. I spent most of my time walking. It took me about 30 minutes to walk from the hotel to the Space Needle, but I always felt safe and the city itself is very interesting to explore. The hotel is very close to the waterfront as well as many popular restaurants and shops.
My only complaint about the Sheraton is that the floor plan is a bit of a maze. One street entrance in particular always got me going in the wrong direction as I tried to find the elevators to my room. Just be forewarned if, like me, you have a perpetually poor sense of direction.

Room Tip: Just be sure you take advantage of the opportunity to be "green" and get a $5 coupon. Stay...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for submitting feedback regarding your stay with us! We really appreciate you mentioning that we enhanced your stay with our Make a Green Choice Program! Glad to hear you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed as it is designed to have you remark just as you did. Our associates take their commitment to guest service very seriously and I could not be prouder of them for that. We promise the same level of service the next time you visit, and we hope to welcome you back very soon.
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed several days here for a conference in the hotel, if seemed quite busy at the time, however amazed at how courteous and friendly the staff were. From check in to check out, every staff I encountered went out of their way to assist. The hotel looked renovated and has a great place off the lobby for seating and Starbucks coffee available! Great hotel, great staff helped to make my trip more than just business!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at the Sheraton Seattle. We pride ourselves for having professional, friendly associates who truly love what they do. We are glad that you enjoyed your time while in Seattle.
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was with my husband at a conference & was here for 4 nights. We had a king room on the Starwood members floor with a view of Union Square. The bed was very comfortable. It was a big room with a large desk with a chair. Our room had a coffee pot that made individual cups of coffee & Starbucks coffee was provided. A nice snack basket was in the room with a variety of items to purchase. The lobby was very nice - it had lots of chairs & was a great place to meet friends. The hotel is in a great location to walk to many attractions & catch the monorail to the Space Needle. I walked to Pike's Market & even to Pioneer Square.

Some items that stood out are - The night stands were only glass top tables which had no drawers or shelves. There were only 2 drawers to put clothes in which was not enough space for the 2 of us esp. if we had stayed longer. The lighting in the room was very good but could have been brighter in the bathroom. Also the bathroom was an older style & had 1 sink with an open shelf. The bed had a down lite blanket which made noise (the fabric rustled / made crackling sounds) when you moved at night. At night when going to sleep, I noticed there was an orange/red light which came from the back of the TV that continually flashed. I don't know if that could have been fixed since I didn't call the front desk but it would have been better without the flashing.

We did have some trouble with our keys not always working & had to have them rekeyed. It was frustrating for my husband when he went to the fitness center & then tried to get back to our room. His key did not work on our room door & had to wait for security to let him back in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
We greatly value guest feedback and would like to express our sincere appreciation for your helpful insights. Thank you for your nice comments regarding our location, guestroom views and furnishings. We are disappointed to hear that you encountered issues with your key cards. They can occasionally be deactivated when stored in the same place as a cell phone or other electronic devices. (I have deactivated mine with the magnet that closes my purse.) Thank you again for your feedback.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Beautiful place, pleasant enough staff, They lost a point for no free wifi in room I believe they charged $10.00 which is a lot, especially since you get free wifi in the lobby and even walking the streets near the hotel. So strangers can sit on your steps and use wifi, but paying guests can't get wifi in room. Other than that everything was fantastic, great gym, computers set up in the lobby for use, multiple sitting areas and areas for watching television which many folks enjoyed as world cup games were on. Breakfast was free to certain guest (I think it should be for all) typical continental breakfast (except i can get my juice in a fancy glass) Great choices too. Lots of great shopping in the area, restaurants and the space needle was not too far away along with other great spots. Also, comfy bed. :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
We're delighted to know you found our hotel beautiful and enjoyed our newly renovated lobby. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are really comfortable! Thanks for selecting the Sheraton Seattle for your stay.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

There were two scary incidents that happened during my stay last February when I was attending a conference. The first was in the middle of the night, security banged on my door and actually attempted to open it. Luckily I had the latch on. A drunken "guest" said it was her room and I was to let her in. I was scared beyond belief as I was a single woman traveling solo. The hotel (after I asked for it) did provide me with that night for free and did give me a free meal (again at my behest), but there was little shock. They put it down to "bad judgement on the part of the security officer". There was no warning call to let me know that someone was claiming that my room was her room or that my room would literally be raided in the middle of the night. Second frightening incident was that during the conference, a trainee's laptop was stolen from under the skirt of the display booth she was working. A homeless person had been escorted from the hotel and made his way back apparantly, to gain access to the conference area and steal her computer. I helped her draft a letter to the hotel and they helped with payment. Would I return? Never.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Steven B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hello Tripfantastic~

Thank you for sharing your experience. Thankfully the events you describe happen so infrequently, that both of these instances from back in February still stand out clearly in my recollection. I am happy to report and reiterate that our hotel leadership team quickly addressed the security concerns and was able to help your colleague with her computer claim. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to us directly.

Warmly,