“Great location, expensive valet”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #29 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I don't stay over often in Seattle, but when I do, I always choose Sheraton Seattle Hotel. The location is great - Cheesecake Factory across the street and Daily Grill attached to the hotel. Parking is super expensive…it cost $37.70 with in/out privileges. Also, as a member of Starwood, I didn't even get free wi-fi in the room - isn't this a standard in most hotels nowadays? But I come here because it's always clean, it's great location, and the views from the top floor of the gym and pool are phenomenal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review! While our location downtown is ideal and there is always plenty to see and do within walking distance or a short cab ride away. I can certainly understand your concerns over the parking rates, we continuously audit the rates to make sure we are competitively priced within Seattle and other major metropolitan cities. We appriciate your loyalty and look forward to your return visit!

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma

Write a ReviewReviews (4,807)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed at this location for a week to attend a conference immediately across the street at the Washington Convention Center. Within several blocks of Link Transit and a short walk to upscale shopping center and Pike Place Market. Pool area was very nice and fitness center on site was outfitted with plenty of newer exercise equipment and free weights. Room was very comfortable and housekeeping did a very good job of keeping things tidy. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We greatly value guest feedback and would like to express our sincere appreciation for your helpful insights. Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of the guestrooms, our location and great Sheraton Fitness! We look forward to your return visit!

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I did not expect to be impressed. All downtown Seattle hotels are expensive, and this one was only slightly less than the most expensive. I was absolutely impressed, though. I most value quiet and comfort in a hotel room, and I got a lot of both. Room was close to ice machine, but with door closed, you hear nothing; good walls. Style of room was simple, yet every detail of the room was thoughtful for the most comfort and convenience. Extremely comfy bed. Lobby service people were also fast and wonderful. Location of hotel is perfect for walking to theaters, restaurants, shops, metro. For breakfast, walk south to end block, turn right, cross street and go one block to "Specialty" for delicious egg sandwiches, coffee, pastries for breakfast. Might want to self park; valet parking was speedy and helpful coming in, but took a long time to get car for me upon departure.

Room Tip: I asked for and received a room in the Union tower away from elevator shaft (don't know if I nee...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank premiewithin
Steven B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hello premiewithin~

Wow! What a great review. We always seek to exceed our guest’s expectations, and I’m thrilled we were able to do that for you. Thank you for sharing your experience. Please come visit again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is located downtown which places it within walking distance of the popular downtown attractions and restaurants as well as transit facilities. It is a modern hotel with a spacious lobby, nice rooms, and all the facilities you would expect from a modern downtown hotel.

The hotel staff was friendly and easy to work with. My room was a bit small, so they allowed me to move into a larger room with a better view the next day.

There is a lounge with a reasonably good breakfast for rooms on the Club floors.

The hotel needs to be upgraded to accommodate the digital age. There is a desk in each room, but there is only one plug-in socket on the desk. It is located in the lamp base, and some of those don't work. You have to reach under the desk to a wall socket to plug in your computer, mobile phone, etc. There is wifi, but it can be excruciatingly slow. For the five days that I was there, I measured the speed as about 0.2 MB per second. The front desk said that there was a convention at the time and all the attendees were permitted to use the wifi free, so that might have caused the slow speed.

Except for the slow wifi, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Hello Tom L~

Thank you for your review and feedback. While we often house large conventions, our rooms are wired to accommodate the internet traffic of all our rooms using full download speeds at the same time. I apologize that was not the experience you received, and will be looking into alternate causes. Again, thank you, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed every moment. Staff was super professional and courteous. The downtown location was a plus which was within walking distances to main attractions. So, renting a car is not necessary.
Yes, Seattle is an expensive city. From the food, attractions, hotel, and shopping so don't be shock by this.
The one negative about Seattle is the incredible amount of homeless people seen everywhere in Seattle. They are begging tourists for money, food and seen smoking pot in broad daylight.
Those who are traveling with kids and families, just be mindful that these activities are going on. Seattle police and security are present in the tourist areas so it is reasonably safe.
Just don't venture out of downtown like we did to the International District in the evening. Very shady neighborhood with homeless people everywhere.
Overall, it was a decent stay and trip to Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tmock13

Hello tmock13~

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip, and for your review. As you note, like any large city it is good to exercise caution on the streets, but also that our central downtown location is always well lit and quite safe. I’m glad you enjoyed your time in Seattle. We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

This Sheraton is very welcoming. All staff are friendly. The Daily Grill
restaurant is terrific. The bathroom in our room was so sparkling white,
sunglasses would help. The bed was the most comfortable of any hotel
bed I've slept in. The location of the hotel is ideal.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Kathy H~

Thank you for your great review! Yes, we are very proud of the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds in all of our rooms. We will have one waiting for your next visit!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Excellent hotel, just be aware that parking is valet, and $46/night. Even if you don't use this, the nearest is in the Convention Center@ $30/night. If you can get a view, this is a nice hotel, but I typically get a room to sleep in, and go searching for my views.

The parking comment is not a criticism, all city center hotels (in the US) charge for parking a car, and I just forgot about it. When I realized my mistake, I cancelled and moved to another property.

One advantage of staying here is that you're close to EVERYTHING downtown.

Room Tip: It just depends on what you want to see-waterfront or SpaceNeedle are the best views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family