“Nice stay”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #36 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 20 April 2010

We stayed at the Sheraton during a convention at the nearby convention center. The hotel staff were very friendly, and the concierge provided some excellent suggestions for dining and entertainment options in the area. My room was clean and everything worked. I truly wished they had wireless internet so you didn't have to be chained to the desk area. I also noticed two stations in the business center were not working when I visited the area. The 500 bonus points and $5 food/beverage coupon was a nice touch in lieu of housekeeping services during our visit. Overall, a good stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I make it back to Seattle.

2 Thank jasper87
SheratonSeattle, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2010
Dear jasper87,
Thank you for sharing your review of the Sheraton Seattle! We are glad you enjoyed the “Make A Green Choice” program and we look forward to your next return to the Emerald City!
Burl Battersby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I don't mind being charged fairly, but charging $17 to handle a fedex package the size of a coffee table book, $90 for laundry (a shoebox of underwear and socks, three shirts and a pair of jeans) is over the top.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
SheratonSeattle, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
Dear Amyandandrew,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay. We researched this and would like to discuss it further with you, at your convenience, in order to determine whether there were any errors in posting these charges.
Please email sheraton.seattle@sheraton.com and refer to me, Burl Battersby, in your message. Let us know when would be a good time for us to contact you directly to discuss.
Thank you again and we hope to see you back when you return to Seattle.
Vancouver
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I was in Seattle for a couple of days on a short business trip so I chose this hotel based on its central location (close to practically everything). My room was clean but nothing fancy. There was a convention going on and a lot of young people were staying at the hotel (unfortunately, I heard them late at night!) The staff were courteous and the concierge was helpful. The checking in/out process was efficient. Overall a good hotel for the money spent. Parking was around $30 extra for the one day though.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
SheratonSeattle, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2010
Dear guysmiley44,
We love to hear when our guests recognize our staff and we will be sure to share your comments with our Concierge team.
Thank you!
Leduc, Alberta
Reviewed 8 April 2010

My wife and I snagged a good deal on Hotel.ca (~110 CAD per night) thinking too good to be true. All things considering, I was gearing myself up for a stay on the more negative side of some of the negative comments (like poor cleanliness and service); however, was pleasantly surprised.

We were placed in a room that was entirely fine, until a young family moved in next door with several young children. We then asked to move and were quickly upgraded with a pleasant smile and full understanding.

Access to downtown and Pike Street Market were unbeatable.
The lobby and resturants, beautiful.
The room had good quality beds, bedding, high def TV, marble tile in bathroom, elegant furnishings.
The pool/hot tub/fitness center were located on the roof which was wonderful, but the hot tub was not too hot.
People in reviews seemed to complain about the valet parking, so we self parked: it was pricey ($28) and a bit of a pain, but what parking isn't as such in Seattle. Considering the room rate, it was still unbeatable.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jod-Bot
Hi Jod-Bot,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room at the Sheraton Seattle and that we were able to upgrade you. We look forward to your future visits!
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 7 April 2010

I just checked into the Sheraton and although my check in process was hassle free, I was surprised and very disappointed to find that there is no in-room wireless internet. This means that you will be confined to the desk while working/using the internet. If you like using your laptop in your bed, sorry, the cable is too far away from the bed. The wired internet costs $10.95 per day which is not unlike any other business hotels that I've stayed in, so that's completely fine...but no wireless is not fine.

In addition, I paid full price for my room which was to be between floors 5 to 30, and I got a room on floor 6. I know I'm nit-picking....but aren't rooms on lower floors typically assigned for those who paid a discounted price for their room?

Lastly, I found a strand of hair (not from someone's head...but from some other region of the body which I will not explicitly state here) on my bathroom sink! I should have taken a picture of it but I hastily used a kleenex to get rid of it immediately. Yucky!

I'm still giving 2 stars since the front desk staff was very friendly and courteous, and the bed is really comfortable.

Dear ccosmo,
We were hoping to catch you while you were still at the Sheraton so that we could turn this experience around. We are very sorry about your experience and hope you will give us an opportunity to make this up to you in the future.
Israel
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Stayed in Sheraton Seattle for a conference for about a week.
The location and rooms were great. The problems I did encounter were:
1. Parking is expensive (~40$ per day)
2. They had network problems throught the week we were there

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Hi oriyo,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Seattle Hotel. We review these comments with our entire team to help us find ways to improve our guest’s impressions. Please return again when you visit Seattle – we look forward to your feedback!
California
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I loved my stay at the Sheraton. The rooms are spacious and well updated. The bed is really comfortable and the staff is friendly and helpful. I traveled to Seattle on business and had a wonderful trip. The gym was one of the best around and has a fantastic view of the city.
Great hotel and loceation.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Hi calij,
Our friendly staff loves to hear these comments! Thank you for your review and we can’t wait to have you back for another visit soon!