“Very nice and clean hotel.”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Beautiful hotel in a great location. Close to many attractions! It is a very large hotel geared for the business people. I sometimes felt swallowed in all the busyness of the hotel but the staff was very freindly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and room was quiet. I was never bothered by outside noise.

1  Thank Spinnergrl
SheratonSeattle, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2010

Dear Spinnergrl,
Thank you for your great comments about our hotel and especially about the level of service our staff provided. We hope to have you back again soon to stay with us!

Reviewed 19 June 2010

Plus points: Big room, well furnished and comfortable. Helpful concierge service, courteous staff. Location is very convenient for Downtown Seattle shops and attractions. Flat screen TV. Generally has a nice feel.

Down sides: Decor is a bit outdated and worn, $11/day charge for poor quality internet service (barely adequate for Skype), expensive parking (though to be fair, on a par with other independent providers, so more of a complaint about Seattle). Due to having a connecting door, next rooms occupants were audible at times.

It's decent enough, and given I got a good deal through Amex and got a room upgrade from my Starwood Preferred Guest, would probably use again, but may look for somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo

Dear MonkeyDoctor,
Thank you for your review of the hotel and your comments about our courteous staff. We also appreciate your comments about the room. We are finished with the first stage of a $12.8 million renovation of our Pike Street Tower and the majority of our 1258 guest rooms all have a new and fresh look and feel that we hope you can enjoy when you return.

Reviewed 18 June 2010

So far the worst hotel my boyfriend and I have ever stayed despite all the mostly good reviews and the 4 stars we saw when we bought our Seattle vacation package. We came from a late evening flight and finally arrived at our hotel around 2am welcomed by $40-$50 parking rates, the smell of mildewy shower curtains, and pungent b.o. emanating from our sheets. We waited 20 min for housekeeping to arrive with clean sheets. Throughout the weekend however we kept smelling the odor off and on and we finally figured out it was coming from the comforter which was making everything else smell. The next morning I left a note for housekeeping to change the shower curtains. What they did instead was leave the new curtain and liner on our bed along with the rings... so we're supposed to hang them ourselves? We made another call and right away a man came by to hang the curtain for us. He explained there was a mis-communication and the curtains were laid there for someone else to hang but he/she never got the communication. To top it off I just discovered I was charged for a room when I checked my credit card account... which is funny considering I pre-paid everything more than a month ago.

Dear miship00,
We are very sorry to hear about the experiences you had and would like to discuss this with you so that we can make this situation right. Please email me at burl.battersby@sheraton.com at your convenience. We want to regain your confidence in the level and quality of service our hotel is known for providing.

Reviewed 17 June 2010

I purchased one night's stay through expedia.com without doing my research on this hotel. I needed some place centrally located in downtown Seattle. I reserved the room for my wife and I in the early morning and then was able to check in at approximately 10:30 AM. No hassles about being there too early. The staff at the front desk got me in a room quickly., I was very impressed with the room. It had a nice view, very comfy bed, and a modern theme. If I knew hotel rooms could be this cheap and be this luxurious, I would have been a customer of Sheraton a lot sooner. We had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Braylove77

Dear Braylove77,
Sounds like we’ll see you again soon – we look forward to your return to Seattle! I will share your comments about the Front Desk staff with our Associates there. We always love to hear about great guest experiences!

Reviewed 15 June 2010

Good hotel in very good location. Rooms are large, clean, and modern. Staff very nice.

Very close to all the attractions.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BIG_SOS

Dear BIG_SOS,
Thank you for your note! Not sure if you had a chance but next time you come to the Sheraton Seattle you will have to try the Warm Caramel Apple Sundae from the Daily Grill – it is the best I’ve ever had!

Reviewed 14 June 2010

Overall the Hotel is Beautiful. The valet is EXTREMLY courteous! BUT.....we were there to celebrate our anniversary and the room was important to our evening..... we didnt know that some rooms are NOT new and are NOT nice or luxurious! We both were VERY disappointed in our room!!! The view was nice but thats it! We booked this Hotel online and NO WHERE did it tell us that the hotel parking was another $40.00...that would have been nice to know in advance!

Dear Kimberlyai,
We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your room. The majority of our rooms are brand new or were upgraded in our latest $12.8 million renovation. I hope you can give us another chance by staying with us again in the near future. As for the parking charge, I did some research and, though Expedia discloses our parking rate, Priceline does not. This is something we will be reviewing here to ensure better disclosure.
Thank you for your comments – we use these reviews to make sure we are constantly improving our services and our guest’s experience.
Please contact me if you have any questions or comments. My email is burl.battersby@sheraton.com. Again, we hope you give us another chance to show you the experience that the Sheraton Seattle is famous for.
Thank you.

Reviewed 13 June 2010

This hotel was wonderful and great service. It was so close to everything that we never needed a taxi or transportation of any kind. We saw alot of Seattle and was always able to return to an outstanding nights sleep.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ajjr1

Dear ajjr1,
Thank you for your kind words! The location of the hotel is, indeed, extremely convenient. If you did need a ride while here the light rail from the airport is just a block away and the downtown Seattle core is in the “ride free” zone so busses during the day are no charge.
Thanks again and hope you get back to stay with us soon!