“Excellent Hotel, as Described on Web Site”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #34 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
New York City, New York
“Excellent Hotel, as Described on Web Site”
Reviewed 26 June 2010

I do not have to write too much about the Sheraton Seattle because all that is pictured and described on its web site is absolutely accurate. It is an excellent hotel with congenial service in a terrific location.

Additionally, I can say that it has one of the best fitness centers I’ve ever encountered in a hotel, with plenty of single purpose weight machines, a stepping board and sufficient floor space, in addition to the usual cardio, etc.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
SheratonSeattle, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
Dear Travel_LadyNYC,
We appreciate your kind words! Our Sheraton Core Fitness is one of the best I have seen, too, and is the only one I know with amazing views of the Cascade Mountains from 35 floors up!
Thank you!
Burl Battersby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (846)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Our stay at the sheraton was satisfactory for our short stop in Seattle. We got a great deal on hotwire so can't complain about the price. Unfortunately, there was some small issues - - foyer noise the first and second night was beyond what we would ordinarily expect, the curtains don't close completely which lets the light stream in very early, the pillows are ordinary and the sheets felt over-starched to the point that i felt like i was sleeping under newspaper at times. However, the location is very central and that was top of our list for our stay. Nothing special but certainly more than adequate for our needs if we could get the same hotwire price again - approx $USD420 for 3 nights.

Dear BigC_19,
Thank you for bringing to our attention the issues you mentioned. We review each comment made with our team to determine how we can make every guest’s stay as comfortable as possible. We do wish we could have fixed these issues when you were here. When you come to Seattle again we do hope you return to the Sheraton. Thank you again.
Austin, TX
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Stayed at the Seattle Sheraton the final two nights of a recent trip to the northwest, and we couldn't have been happier with the location. The amenities, room, and staff were fine but we probably wouldn't have chosen the Sheraton if we had to pay full price. Fortunately, they accepted our VERY low bid on Priceline and we feel we got a fantastic deal.

Desk staff was very nice and helpful, and the bartender in the lounge was very amiable and had some good recommendations for nearby restaurants (as well as his favorite beers). We stayed on the 19th floor, so we were fortunate enough to have a great view. The light rail station that connects to the airport (just $2.50 per person each way!) is in the next block over, and the Pike Place Market is just down the street about five blocks.

Being a Sheraton, we noticed that the vast majority of clients were apparently in town for conferences and/or business. I should mention that they feature a terminal where you can check in and print out your boarding passes if you are flying out of Sea-Tac - this was MOST convenient for us!

Dear NapandNat,
Thank you for sharing your experiences here at the Sheraton Seattle! We will be sharing your comments with our Associates, many of whom have been a part of the Sheraton Family for many years and who have a great deal of pride in the high level of service the hotel is known for. Thank you again!
New York
Reviewed 25 June 2010

The Seattle Sheraton Towers is a great, upsclae choice for the downtown Seattle area. It is connected to Daily Grill Restaurant which is a great brand restaurant for a hotel to have. The fron desk was fine but nothing out of the ordinary though they did grant us a nice room. This is a big hotel with all that comes with it. There were plenty of kids around but depending on the room, it could be a nice getaway
place for the weekend. The beds were too soft for my taste but some may like it that way.
There is decent mall shopping nearby as well as Anthro, H and M, Gap etc....

• Stayed June 2010
Dear Fattycrab,
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Seattle Hotel! Our hotel appeals to leisure travelers seeing the sights or on their way farther north to Alaska, guests looking for a romantic place to stay near the theaters and dining, shopping weekenders, business travelers and all! Thank you again for your review.
ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I did a lot of investigation before I picked the Sheraton and it was in my top two based on location, price, amenities, etc. but what sealed it for me was when I called the hotel directly to ask a question the women on the line mentioned to me they had a special and asked if I was interested. She offered me a price better than I had found anywhere on line including priceline, etc. She was very helpful. This even allowed me to get Starwood points. Once we got to the hotel everyone was very helpful and extremely nice. My only recommendations would be that they provide more information on city tours, maps, locations of sites, and transportation information. You had to ask the concierge about everything and sometimes they were a little short. Otherwise though a very enjoyable experience. The hotel is in a great part of town and we felt safe the entire time.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Dear midwestvac,
Thank you for feedback and for your suggestion to provide more information about Seattle. We will look at ways that we can improve so that guests can more easily get this information.
Thank you again and we look forward to your return to the Sheraton!
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I went out to Seattle to attend a college graduation. We have been to Seattle before and stayed in another hotel, but found the Sheraton to be much nicer. Overall, we had a great experience. Everything was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. There were only two slight issues we encountered. First, when we checked in which was late at night (around midnight) my husband and I were assigned a room with double beds which was not a big deal at all, except that my husband had called the day before to tell them we would be checking in late and would like a room with a king. The front desk person quickly resolved this for us though and we were in our new room quickly. The only other thing we didn't love was the pool area. It was very busy with kids splashing around, even at 10pm when my husband and I went to use the hot tub. Not really the fault of the hotel, but still it was slightly annoying to have kids splashing in your face. Otherwise, I would highly, highly recommend staying in this hotel!!! If we go to Seattle we will definitely be back.

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear lexa612,
We wish you knew about us earlier too! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and it was nice to hear how our Front Office staff quickly resolved the error in giving you a room with double beds. We look forward to your return to the Sheraton Seattle Hotel!
Vancouver
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Exactly as advertised- a big, good quality, convention hotel.

I asked for a low-ish floor (don't like heights, and quick/uninterrupted elevator rides are nice) with 2 double beds, and got 8th floor in the Union Street tower. The room felt very spacious for a downtown business hotel, not sure if it was just the layout or the actual size, but it didn't feel as cramped as other 2 double rooms I've stayed in. The small sitting area was nicely set up for reading.

Furnishings/bedding/carpet were all perfectly clean and looked new. Had no problem with noise. The heat/AC fan is loud, but the one time we changed the temperature, it was only on for a few minutes, so not a major disturbance.

The concierge desk was very helpful- when I asked for a map that would show a particular park, she printed up google driving directions for me as well, which was much appreciated.

Having to go to the lobby for free internet was annoying, but given that their main clientele is business travelers, it makes sense for them to charge for it. That said, the lobby was very well set up to hang out in, with plenty of comfy chairs.

Location was great- very close to Pike Place Market and the waterfront, about a 15-20 minute walk to Seattle Center (Space needle, EMP, Science Center).

Used the 'Green' option- declined housekeeping and received a $5 coupon that we used for coffee and juice at the lobby snack bar. What a great idea, and I wish more hotels offered it. On a two night stay I don't care if my bed is re-made and the floor vacuumed, and it must save the hotel way more than 5 bucks in labour costs alone to skip it. It's such a win-win concept.

Never used the parking- we arrived on Saturday afternoon, so paid for street parking until 6pm, then parking was free until Monday 8am. Sunday night after dinner we moved it to a garage 1 block away from the hotel on 7th and Pike (same building as the Cheesecake Factory) for $28 per 24 hours. Still pricey, but on par with any other garage in the area, and much better than valet at $40 plus taxes and tips.

Got an excellent price for the 2 nights via Hotwire, and feel it exceeded my expectations for value.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bcBEZ
Dear bcBEZ,
Thank you for your note and for pointing out the Make A Green Choice program that the Sheraton Seattle offers. You can find out more about it by going to the Sheraton Seattle Facebook page.
Thank you again!