“Just Let Me Know Next Time...”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Ok, standard business hotel in a good location. Parking was a bit high, $40 a day, but whatever. The thing that got me was my room. First off, I'm not handicapped. Why did I get a handicap equipped bathroom? That just annoyed me. Also, if you boast your room amenities on your website why didn't I have and soap, shampoo or conditioner in my handicap bathroom? And the location of my room.... right smack next to the elevators. I'm pretty sure there wasn't anyone else on my floor, why was I stuck next to the elevators? Three days and not a soul seen or heard on my floor. Let me take a guess.... Because I booked on Priceline?? Was that it? Give the Priceline customer's the crappy rooms? Just let me know next time and I'll pay extra.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Jennifer B
Write a ReviewReviews (4,704)

Reviewed 10 February 2011

Good:
Good Hotel, comfortable beds, good staff, good gym

Bad:
$7 to receive a FedEx, $10.95 a day for internet, could use a few more electric outlets

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2011

I travel to Seattle regularly; I'm familiar with the downtown hotels.
At $85.00 is a great deal! Thier rack rate varies crazy from $141 to $400+ for a standard room???

Property is large and recently updated. Public areas are classic/modern and spotless; but not very interesting...

Vales, bellman and front desk were allways professional and welcoming.

Rooms are larger than the norm with simple wooden furniture and a blan, beige color pallet. Again not very interesting, boring...

Everything worked in the room. Bathroom was roomy with good lighting and lots of hot water.

Maid service could of been better. Carpet vacuuming or wiping down the tub/bathroom floor was never done and it really needed it...

Amazing Core Fitness center and pool on top floor and it's free to use!

Room service was expensive, not tasty and late being delivered.

Sundry/gift shop is the most expensive I've ever seen! Person staffing it was creepy and not helpful...

I would totally recommend the Sheraton as a good, solid business class hotel. Families and vacationers would find it boring; they'er better options...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bowman716
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Got at great rate of $77 on hotwire, upon checking in the clerk says that we booked 2 double beds (we did not as with hotwire there is no choice) and that there were no regular king bed rooms available. But for $20 there is an upgraded king bed room. So the choices at check in were: 2 double beds or an extra $20 for a king bed.

I found this a little dishonest and unsavory as the clerk could have gave us the king bed. I think the front desk staff saw the opportunity that we were a couple checking in on a cheap rate and made us choose to capitalize on making the extra $20.

other than these check-in shenanigans, the hotel, the room and location were great for the price we paid. Parking was $33 plus parking tax = $41 but i was aware of this and was ok with it.

I am a starwood gold and would have liked this stay if the check-in had gone a little better, it was not the $20 that i was concerned with but mainly the principle of the mater that ticked me off.

2  Thank homerj108
Reviewed 29 January 2011

You can expect the usual from this four star hotel. I was disappointed that free WiFi is available only in the lobby, where you will see most every seat occupied with guests on their laptops. In-room WiFi is $10.95 for 24 hours. One would think a hotel of this caliber would provide free WiFi in the guest rooms - every three star hotel i've stayed at in Washington, Oregon and California does that.

We got a great deal on Hotwire; $78/nite on the weekend, but i would not want to pay much more than that. Parking is $28/nite a half block away ($41 if you use the valet service), so the extra expenses can add up pretty substantially.

Reviewed 28 January 2011

Standard Sheraton in a great location for shoppers and 5 minute walk to Pikes Place Marketplace.

Hotel Experience: 4 stars, out of 5
Hotel Class: 4 stars, out of 5
Service: 5 stars, out of 5
Room: Room on the Sheraton Club Floor

Pros:
- Service: Very courteous and helpful staff, Nice upgrade to room with a view of the city.
- Location: 5 minute walk to Pikes Place/Shopping Areas, Close to good restaurants

Cons:
- Table Lamp: Need to replace bulbs

Notes:
- Parking: Hotel Valet Parking was $40/night. Convention Center Parking might been $20 cheaper than hotel valet. "7th & Pike" Garage (Between Pike and Pine) was $28/night with in&out privileges if you get a hotel pass provided by the Sheraton parking attendant in front of the hotel (garage is a block away)
- Internet in room use: $10.95/day

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Other reviewers have hit the nail on the head: this is a very fine hotel. The hotel is well-located and well-equipped and our room had been recently renovated. The beds are covered in clouds of down-stuffed high quality linens. The room was spotlessly clean. About the only possible gripe might be that the rooms are rather small compared to the competition in this market segment. Our room came with desk and a small table with chair but there really wasn't sufficient room for what you might call a seating area. At $86 via Hotwire (a little over $100 after Seattle taxes), we sure couldn't complain about the value.

That leads to my pet peeve. This problem isn't restricted to the Sheraton. Why is is that bed-making has become a lost art in hotels? It's gotten the point where the first thing we do (or should do) when arriving in a hotel room is to make the bed. Sheets aren't tucked in, they're only laid upon the bed. To make matters worse in this case, our room was equipped with that the hotel calls "over-sized double beds". That means extra long double beds, I suspect because the smallish room would be extremely cramped if queens were used. Not a problem, we knew what we were getting. But why not use sheets intended for that size of bed? The sheets used on ours were about three feet shorter than they would have needed to be to reasonably account for the length and thickeness of the mattress.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I realize I've spent longer on the negative than the positive, which might give the wrong impression. The Sheraton Seattle is a fine hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Once we remade the bed.