“Great hotel. Next visit to Seattle, we will definitely stay here.”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Warm and friendly staff in all areas of the hotel. Comfortable and inviting lobby and lounge area. Rooms well appointed with plenty of room, comfortable furniture and bed, nicely stocked wet bar with coffee/tea maker, etc. The location is great and in walking distance of many attractions, businesses, shopping, the market , car rental (1.5 blocks) and restaurants.

Room Tip: In our 3 visits to the hotel, the rooms were all of equal quality. All were quiet and accommodating...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,093)

Reviewed 7 September 2011

I just returned from 5 nights in Seattle. I was really pleased with my choice of the Andra. Seattle is not the easiest place to navigate with so many neighborhoods. It was the perfect place for the Pike Place market, for the Seattle Museum, to walk to the Space Needle and Seattle Center and to the Seattle Museum's Olympic Sculpture Park. I even walked to Pioneer Square, the ferry to Bainbridge Island, Capitol Hill and the International District. It was close to the street car to the emerging South Lake Union area and close to the buses to Ballard and Fremont. My room was comfortable and bright. The front desk staff was very helpful with bus schedules, arranging a driver to the airport and with general restaurant recommendations. I ate at Lola downstairs 4 of my 5 mornings. The food and service were also very good. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I was originally planning to stay at Westin Seattle on my most recent business trip to Seattle as usual, but my business partner recommended this as he knows I love boutique hotels. Hotel Andra was just what I wanted, and it actually reminded me of some New York boutique hotels like Chambers, Shoreham, Hudson etc. which are my favorites, of course at a much more reasonable price. My room is a semi-suite room and had enough open space for me to do some workout. The bed and bathroom were very comfortable. I liked the lobby design and atmosphere too. The hotel restaurant Lola serves excellent breakfast and dinner with high quality local products. It is worth going to Lola during the trip to Seattle. I will come back to Hotel Andra soon and this will be my regular place to stay for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We recently took an overnight trip down to Seattle to take in a play. Initially we were hesitant in staying downtown because a) too many cars/too much traffic, b) downtown Seattle can feel a bit overwhelming and impersonal, and c) to get anywhere, one must get in their car and drive.
Not having stayed at Hotel Andra before (or any new hotel for that matter) invoked some uncertainty as to how things will be. Hotel Andra changed these perceptions (much to our delight!) and exceeded our expectations of a boutique hotel. The warmth and friendliness starts the moment you pull your vehicle up to the front door, from the valets to the front desk reception. The front waiting area of the hotel is understated elegance and simple but yet exudes much comfort.
The understated elegance and simplicity is carried forth in the rooms and overall in the hotel. We got a great hotel rate and stayed in the king suite, which was a comfortable size room. While it was a hotel room, it did not feel like a hotel room. It felt more like a comfortable personal space that one might have in their own home.
But the wonderfulness of Hotel Andra does not stop there. Attached to the hotel is a place called Lola's, owned by a renowned Seattle chef. My husband and I had a drink there the afternoon we checked in and breakfast the following day. Both times, the service and food was impeccable and delicious! (I highly recommend the made-to-order donuts!)
Location wise, Hotel Andra was a perfect spot for one wanting to close to downtown venues and activities. We were within walking distance to the 5th Avenue Theatre, Pike's Market, close to all the main shopping downtown and a whole lot more. It was actually really nice that we didn't have to drive around to different places. (Oh, and did I mention about a little bakery across from the hotel, the Dahlia Bakery? Delicious breads and "I'm in Tropical Paradise" triple coconut cream pies??)
The only negative about the whole experience is that I can't find any negatives! (not that I am looking but usually there are always some...)
So, there you have it. Hotel Andra is that little piece of heaven in Seattle! We can't wait for our next stay and outing at Hotel Andra/downtown Seattle!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnamCara137
HotelAndra, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Dear Agnes L,
Thank you for your glowing review! We always appreciate positive feedback, but it is such a compliment to see that every part of your stay exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you with us for your next Seattle getaway.

Kind regards,
Kelsey Hunsinger

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Desk staff was friendly, the contemporary decor was attractive and functional,and the beds were comfortable. Its a quick walk to downtown stores, the monorail and light rail system. There are good restaurants nearby, including the wonderful Lola's attached to the hotel. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We are a family of 5 coming from NY. I made the booking a few months in advance. Upon our arrival, the morning hotel manager on 8/13 made an arrangement so all of us had a very comfortable stay. The rooms are very modern with latest LCD TVs. The location is the best within walking distance to the Market Place, Space Needle and Baseball stadium. Everyone in the hotel is extremely patient and courteous.

P.S. I am not too impressed with the Tom Douglas Lola restaurant downstairs, the dishes are in very small potion and salty to my taste.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear shajdsu,
We are delighted to have been able to assist in making your family’s stay a comfortable one! Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your experience with us. Regarding Lola, may we suggest one of Tom Douglas’ five other neighborhood restaurants for your next stay? Etta’s, Seatown, Serious Pie, the Dahlia Lounge and the Palace Kitchen all offer Tom Douglas’ signature blend of fresh Northwest ingredients in a variety of cuisine styles (and are located within walking distance of the hotel). In addition, our Italian neighbor Assaggio Ristorante offers an authentic northern Italian menu and an extensive wine list. Cheers!

Kind regards,
Kelsey Hunsinger

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Stayed at Andra as a family. In an Andra Lux Suite. Well layed out, roomy, nice style. The hotel accommodates a lively croud, matching the clientele of the adjoining Lola restaurant. Great food there. Only minus are the very young and not very experienced front desk people. Let them stay in different rooms for the night, so they know what is what!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family