“Consistently excellent”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #9 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have been staying at Hotel Andra on occasion since 2004 and it has never disappointed! The very comfortable beds, great location, tastefully appointed rooms, and polite and knowledgable staff make this Hotel fabulous!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JuniperLane
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

We look forward to welcoming you back again and again JuniperLane! It is or pleasure having you stay with us when you are visiting Seattle! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our Trip Advisor readers! We find our guest's comments extremely valuable and help us continue to exceed our goals!

Until you next visit, I wish you a warm and pleasant holiday season!

Lars

Write a ReviewReviews (2,126)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Hotel Andra is a great place for a business traveler. The rooms are spacious - offering room to kick back after a long day or continue you work in a bit of quiet. I have stayed there multiple times and will continue going back.

1  Thank Lindsay H
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great location!, came here for only one nite ,on my way to LA ;but what a pleasant greeting at
the front desk. Got me into my room ASAP. My Suite was very large with a well appointed sitting
area, and a view. Just a short walk to pikes market & Nordstrom ! On my own, I felt very safe
and the staff helped me find the shopping I was looking for, as well as a great restaurant. Food around town is abundant , so I didn't need to wait in the long line at lola's.
look forward to another stay.

Room Tip: There was no tub in my room? don't know if other rooms have tubs ; bathroom very small for a su...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gina D
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had two suites for the weekend with two families of four (2 small children each) and we were traveling from the east coast of Canada and our friends drove up from Portland.

The location is good for everything (food, shopping, Pike Place Market) but the quality isn't as good as I expected. We are very frequent travelers with and without our children, we have had the ability to stay in very high-end hotels but have stayed in decent less-expensive hotels as well.

Hotel Andra is just average. The bathrooms for a suite are totally non-functional and we found the space to be just not very well 'thought out'. The lack of HD channels on the TV (especially in a sports city) is confusing. It was just the overall feeling of the hotel as 'lipstick on a pig' style of hotelier.

Two of the front staff were very accommodating (a female with short hair and glasses and a robust male that was helpful with a restaurant selection), however when we were waiting for our train, the on-site manager and two males that took over for the front desk were completely rude. As stated, we have 2 small children (2 and 3) and they were running around the lobby and playing. The manager was very rude when 'moving' my children out of the way with our luggage and basically saying 'get your children out of the way'. The layout of the hotel/Lola restaurant is that the lobby of the hotel works also as a make-shift lounge for people waiting for their table in the restaurant, this is a really poor design.If you want a decent place to stay in a good location for $200, It will be fine for you. If you have children and still want a high-end space, choose something else.

For anyone that has experienced traveling with children and the challenges that come with it, having a manager and staff make you feel uncomfortable for having a family with you on your travels is just unacceptable to me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Cohen R

Dear Cohen R, I'm happy to read that our location met your needs during your recent stay at our hotel and that your interaction with most of our team members was positive. I appreciate your time and feedback. We do pride ourselves on making our home and living room (lobby) a warm, inviting, and restful place to all of our guests. We want to exceed your expectations in all areas of your stay. I'm sorry that we fell short of that during your departure.

We love our guest at all ages and want everyone to feel at home at Hotel Ändra! I have reviewed your comments with our Manager on Duty and both of us are truly sorry that his brief interaction with the children was received as "rude" and that you felt his "policing" was unnecessary. Please know that the intent was to kindly remind the children that our "living room" was a place for all guest to relax and enjoy and not to infer that they were "in the way" or out of control.

We take all our guest comments and feedback very seriously and will use your review in our service training so that if this situation comes up in the future, we can better communicate to the parents. Thank you for bringing this concern to my attention!

I hope that this mis-communication will not cast a dark shadow over your entire stay at Hotel Ändra! We want to make our home, your home away from home. We look forward to an opportunity to show you we can do it right!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Location is great, all within walking distance. Friendly no nonsence hotel with good size rooms equipped with all you need and more. The beds are super comfy nice and the restaurant (Lola) is really fantastic

2  Thank Viking2411
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Our family stayed here for the weekend and really enjoyed the hotel, restaurant (Lola) and the location. The rooms were large with a sitting area and a couch which made it perfect for the four of us in one room. The walk-in closet was perfect as well to help us keep us better organized. We loved Lola in the lobby for both dinner and breakfast. Perfect location downtown for shopping and seeing the sights.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravellDad
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Andra many times now for work and highly recommend it. My typical stay is 2-3 nights and I do this a few times a year. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable, the décor is attractive and inviting. What sets this hotel apart from the competition downtown is not just the great rooms and environs, but honestly the staff! They are always friendly and eager to assist. They greet you when you come in the door, respond to any requests on a timely basis and are in general just incredibly friendly. For a great meal, you also don't have to go far either... Lola is attached to the lobby with a fantastic greek / Mediterranean inspired menu and local beers on draught. The Hotel is convenient to shopping, other great restaurants (Dahlia Lounge across the street, Icon Grille around the corner), and a few short blocks from Link, the light rail system. I never rent a car as Seattle is a walkable city and Hotel Andra is right where it needs to be. The only thing it's missing is a full espresso / latte bar in the morning (in the lobby... idea??) but Lola has a slamming good breakfast and Starbucks is a short two blocks away.

Room Tip: Rooms facing 4th Avenue give a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Great to hear from you JeepHudson! The team and I truly appreciate your kind words! Praise such as yours always lifts our spirts and is a pleasure to share with the team. I couldn't agree with you more! Our team goals include creating a warm, friendly, and inviting atmosphere for each of our guest! We take great pride in knowning that we have done so for you!

Thank you for continuing to be our guest and sharing your experience with our Trip Advisor audience!. In addtion to our great team service, I'm delighted to read that our close proximity and central location allows you to be "car-less" when visiting! It does make visiting Seattle a little easier when you can virtually walk everywhere you need to go or take a taxi / public transportation if your feet get tired!

It would be "grand" to have a coffee shop right off the lobby, but right now that's not an option. You can get a latte to go at Lola and luckily there are about 1/2 dozen other specialty coffee shops (including a Seattle's iconic STARBUCKS) all within a few blocks of our front door. There is no shortage of coffee here! Please know that we do take our guests comments into consideration when we are making changes, so perhaps someday we could have our own coffee store (I can guarantee our team members would be smiling at that)!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!