“best hotel ever”

Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Toronto, Canada
“best hotel ever”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

close to everything. enjoyed the design of the place, and the food is amazing. highly recommended. staff is more than friendly. they are outstanding. the restaurant connected to the hotel is open late-night which is so convenient. great stay. if i ever come to seattle again, i will be staying here!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Toronto314
Team-Umlaut, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Toronto314

The title of your review is absolutely wonderful! Thank you! We are delight to hear that you found our team to be outstanding. That is a comment that we strive to achieve with every guest, and we are so glad that was your experience! Lola is superb whether you are going in for a late night snack or their famous brunch, they always seem to hit the mark. We do hope that you make it back to Seattle and when you do we look forward to making our home, your home away from home!

Madison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed three nights in one of the suites at the Andra and could not have been more pleased. Comfortable, chic, welcoming, with inviting public areas as well. I was in town for an event at the Convention Center and it was an easy 15-minute walk. I'd guess 15-20 down to the harbor front as well.

The rooms and bathrooms were very thoughtfully laid out, with enough electrical outlets (a pet peeve), good lighting (another...), comfortable seating, and so on, and the workspace was excellent, a generously large glass-topped desk and comfortable chair.

I was at the end of a corridor and it was extremely quiet; can't speak to other rooms in terms of noise level. The bed was comfortable, with a variety of pillow types, so I was able to find just the right one.

All in all, a pleasant stay thanks to attention to both the big-picture details and the nuances. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I wasn't the one paying for it, but I would think if the suite is affordable it would be well wo...
1 Thank zenpicker
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hotel Andra was a wonderful boutique hotel with a great location. We had a quick trip to Seattle but enjoyed our dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant, and appreciated that we could walk to a number of locations in downtown. The fitness room was a little small (there are only a few pieces of equipment so it helps to get there early) but that is to be expected in a smaller, boutique hotel. Overall we had a great experience!

Mbbl28,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your weekend getaway to Seattle. We are thrilled to hear that you had the chance to dine a Lola twice! We feel extremely fortunate to have such a fantastic restaurant located right off our lobby.

I’m glad you were able to get in a work out. Our fitness center was recently renovated and includes all new, high-tech equipment. Although it might be considered compact, we do offer 2 treadmills, a stair climber, and bicycle for cardio. The space was expanded and now includes a large padded space for personal stretching, yoga, meditation, and various ball exercises. Our equipment also includes personal free weights for those wanting to feel a little extra burn. We understand our guests needs for health and fitness, so we’ve partnered with a few local gyms and a yoga studios for guest who want a full work out. Each with in a few minutes walk from the hotel. For a nominal fee, our guests have full access to all classes, full gym equipment, and the pools / hot tubs.

We are delighted that you were able to take advantage of your central location and were able to able to get out and see what Seattle has to offer. There are so many wonderful attractions and sites to see, we know you will need to come back and stay again soon to fit it all in!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Congers, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The location of this lovely boutique hotel is ideal. Everything is in walkable distance. We booked the studio, but received an upgrade. The staff was very friendly. The room was the perfect size for us, but would imagine the studio might be on the small side. The bathroom was modern with a mirror that does not fog up - love that detail. No bathtub. Not a problem for us. Wasn't crazy about the FACE products. Shower gel seemed thin. The hotel provides complimentary umbrellas - another great detail for Seattle weather! Also - I hope management will strongly consider replacing the powdered creamer/milk with the liquid kind. The powder was terrible and left the much needed coffee that first morning undrinkable. Also, the Starbucks prepacked coffee filter seems too big for the single serving machine. A strange thing would happen with the door to our room. Every time someone else nearby opened their door, our door would move enough that I thought it was our door which woke me up several times early in the morning and would cause me to get startled because I thought someone was coming into the room.

After a long journey to Seattle from New York, my husband and I enjoyed relaxing at Lola - an onsite restaurant with great ambiance that receives rave reviews for it's breakfast. That night we had the halloumi skewers.The halloumi was paired with several overpowering figs - I'm not sure who can eat that much fig, however it was the best halloumi I've ever had. For $12 though, I wouldn't order it again because of the fig. The hotel also offers room service from Serious Pie. I strongly recommend trying it.

So overall - I would book this hotel again if the price was competitive with nearby same class hotels because it's modern, has a friendly staff, is perfectly located, and it's not a major chain.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver BC
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The staff is always professional, pleasant and recognize returning guests. We like the modern decor of the rooms, they are always very clean, well maintained and well lighted. The hotel is extremely well located in terms of the many things to see and do in Seattle....and it's Ground Zero of the Tom Douglas restaurant collection (including Lola which is in the hotel). Tom is a Seattle legend and all his restaurants are wonderful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Team-Umlaut, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
VancouverBCVancouver,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team at Hotel Ändra. We are ecstatic to hear that you always feel welcomed and acknowledged, a comment that we strive to hear from all of our guests. We have to agree with you that our central location lends itself well to exploring Seattle’s vibrant restaurant scene. We feel extremely fortunate to have a wide variety of Tom Douglas Restaurants all within walking distance.

On your next visit to Seattle we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed for one night and all the reviews I read we're right on! The location is perfect! 4 blocks to pikes market, 3 blocks to shopping and outstanding restaurants attached. I was upgraded to a suite and the front desk guys were very friendly offering dining and sightseeing recommendations. My room was large, very clean, and most importantly, very comfortable. Yep, I'll stay again at the Hotel Andra next time I'm in Seattle.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Laurie M,

We are so excited that you were able to experience our Lux Suite and found it to be comfortable and well appointed! We are so glad that our team was able to exceed your expectations and had wonderful recommendations for you. Yes, we would have to agree that our superb location is within easy access to Pike Place Market and all the other wonderful attractions in downtown Seattle.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you soon.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed 2 nights at Hotel Andra to attend an interview in downtown Seattle. I enjoyed the size of the room, breakfast was delicious (continental: huge croissand, fruits and Starbucks coffee). The location is great too, you can get to Pike market in a couple of minutes. The Space needle is not so far away either! They offer a restaurant that you can access from within the hotel. I didn't try it but it looked cosy. I would happy to stay there again!

jdecuyper,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your interview in Seattle. We are pleased to hear that you accommodations were to your liking and that you enjoyed continental breakfast from Lola. We would have to agree that our central location is perfect for exploring all that downtown Seattle has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Seattle.