“Nice hotel, GREAT breakfast across the street”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay the the Hotel Andra. The hotel has a somewhat modern vibe and the lobby is a nice place to sit and wait for friends.

Highlight of our stay was picking up a quick, yummy, on-the-go breakfast from Dahlia's bakery across the street. You can easily walk from here to the Space Needle and Pike's Market.

Room Tip: enjoy breakfast across the street
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Team-Umlaut, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

visitall50, thank you for staying at Hotel Ändra while visiting Seattle. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel. We appreciate your "shout out" to the Dahlia Bakery across the street. Our restaurant partners at Lola and Dahila will be delighted to hear your comments. Each of us take great pride in making our guest feel right at home and we look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are visiting!

Sincerely Yours,
Lars

Write a ReviewReviews (2,108)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I recently met our son and daughter-in-law for a few days in Seattle. Several months before our vacation I spent hours studying hotels. I decided on Hotel Andra, why you might ask, well because of its location, pictures of rooms looked inviting and the hotel was a nice size but not huge as some in Las Vegas, price was reasonable and in keeping with the surrounding area. (nothing is inexpensive in downtown and few things are in Seattle as a whole) What a delight! Rooms were nicely decorated, very spacious, clean and quiet. This in itself would have been enough to sell me on the hotel but what was really exceptional was the staff. I cannot give them enough accolades. I have stayed at several really nice hotels where the staff is accommodating but this staff was more than that. Bouavan, who seemed to be at the front desk every time I needed help, was cheerful, patient, informative and kind. She never once hesitated to make phone calls, look for the best experience, best, most reliable and least expensive transportation and always with a smile on her face. Her suggestions were always on target. Skyler, the concierge, was eager to help and Steven, the doorman\bellman and jack of all trades, was genuinely helpful. It has been many years since hotel staff addressed me by name but the three individuals above did just that whether we were getting off the elevator, walking out or in the door or asking for directions. Not once did I have the feeling that this was done for a tip. It was truly a unique experience. They made my our stay uniquely special.
Ok, one negative - the bathroom though clean with updated fixtures was small.

Room Tip: I have no idea about the kids activities. This would not let me go back and leave it blank.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hhcs13
Team-Umlaut, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hhcs13,

Wow! It was such a pleasure reading your review. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are excited to share this with our entire team. Exceeding our guest expectations is what we all strive for and it is wonderful to hear that was your experience. We are extremely fortunate to have Bouavan, Schuyler, and Steven on our team and we are so pleased to hear that they were able to contribute to you having a wonderful trip with your family. When you decide to return to Seattle we would be honored to welcome you back to our home.

Best wishes,

Madison

Reviewed 2 July 2014

You cannot go wrong with this property - everyone, and I mean everyone, went out of their way to be helpful. From Greg the manager to Anthony at the front desk - not only did they remember us, but they called us by name!

The room was well appointed (611) and it had a wet bar, fridge and sitting area. It was located off of the street, but we could still watch the parade going by from our windows! (4th Avenue is the street for all of Seattle's parades).

Next time we will stay in Seattle, it will be at Hotel Andra!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Team-Umlaut, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Seattle_Geoff, it was our pleasure to have you stay at Hotel Ändra! "Stay-cations" are a great way to get out and enjoy life - locally! We are proud to be your choice for your mini getaway! I know our Trip Advisor viewers greatly appreciate your time and honest opinion as much as we do!! Greg and Anthony also appreciate the acknowledgement! Our goal is to continually make our guest stays relaxing and enjoyable and it looks like we accomplished this for you! Come back again soon! We look forward to visiting with more the next time you are "getting away"!

Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Two days prior to our stay we received a call from the Hotel confirming our stay and asked if we had any special requests. I thought about it and I remembered to ask for a street view. We arrived early about 12:45 pm, they got us in our room early with a street view as well. Its a small really neat hotel with a warm lobby and nice full size bar. Our room was fantastic, the wife loved the lighted make up mirror in the bathroom and really loved the secondary seating area with another lighted make up mirror. Service from everyone is great. Centrally located and just minutes from everything. The hotel restaurant was very good, but we loved Dahlia's bakery across the street, try the egg sandwhiches. Note-several of these restaurant are related, which was good. We spent three days at the hotel and one of my favorite things was they had pre-bagged ice in the hall, wow! We will certainly go back the next time in Seattle!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

If only we had more time to travel!!! Thank you TimeToTravel097 for taking a moment to share your recent stay with our future guests! As you may know, many travelers use TripAdvisor as a pre-planning tool, and your personal experience is invaluable in assisting others as they are planning their travel to Seattle.

My team and I are thrilled that your wife (and hopefully you) were delighted with your accommodations and our Hotel! We are very fortunate to be partnered with Lola and several magnificent restaurants owned and operated by Chef Tom Douglas! Indeed the Dahlia Bakery across the street is "thee" place to pick up a quick breakfast (egg sandwich) on the go, or sit outside on the walk and enjoy. They have many fine sweets and pastries for the afternoon pick me up too! Our central location makes it possible to walk to almost all of Seattle's famous attractions, and certainly nothing is further than the local transit or taxi!

Our ice chest do come in handy and make retrieving ice so easy and quiet! We are always glad to delivery ice to your room, but glad to know that we've made it simple and easy for you too grab a bag as you head back to your room! We remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you home when you return to Seattle!

Cheers!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel Andra staff was friendly and knowledgeable. They made themselves available and treated me like a valued guest. They made sure I was aware of things to do in the surrounding area and events at the hotel. Rooms were immaculate and service was impecible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Xxlijacket,

We are excited to share your kind comment with our team. Thank you! We strive to make every guest feel welcomed and valued; they will be delighted to hear that was your experience. We hope that you return soon and when you do we will be here to welcome you back.

Best wishes,

Madison

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Excellent location, walking distance to Pikes Market and the opposite way to shopping and Monorail for the Space Needle. Loved their adjacent restaurant, Lola, for room service. Very comfortable mini suite. Bathroom could be bigger, typical European style which is great for rooms, but not so much for the bathroom. Staff was extremely welcoming and friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We enjoyed having you stay Tracy R! Thank you for the kind words and providing me and our future guest your personal reflection!

We feel honored to have our partners at Lola provide all of our food and beverage choices. From room service, catered events, meetings, and the hottest restaurant in town, right off our lobby, our guest are sure to have what we believe to be the greatest food experience while visiting Seattle! Exclusively, our guest have the special privilege of charging their meals to their room while dining in Lola, have the same great food prepared and delivered to their room, and our guest are the only ones that can have pizza pies delivered right to their door and charged to their room from the famous Serious Pie (another great Tom Douglas Restaurant). You can't go hungry and make a bad choice when it comes to food and staying at Hotel Andra!

Once again, it was great to have you experience our warmth and hospitality. We look forward to making our home, your home away from home when you travel back to Seattle!

Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is our second trip to Seattle. The first time we stayed at 7th and Pine at the Grand Hyatt. Beautiful hotel but I would take the Andra over that one anytime! First, the location of the Andra could not be better. In five minutes you can be at the market. In 10 minutes you can be at the Space Needle and in 2 minutes you can be at Macy's, Nordstrom's, etc. And it doesn't hurt that the hotel is directly across the street from Dahlia's bakery (and restaurant...but we only tried the bakery...a lot!)

The hotel, for me, is the perfect size. Small enough that the conceirge and desk staff call you by name but large enough that you feel like you are staying in a first class hotel. And the rooms...OMG. I've been all over Canada, the US and Europe and never have I had a room this large. It was the superior room so I can't comment on the other rooms but this level is unbelievable. However, if I have to criticize something, it would be the small size of the bathroom in comparison to the huge room. If the wet bar (yes, there is a wet bar in the room) moved over a few feet, then the bathroom could have been roomier. That being said, it was very well set up. My son also commented that the room was so large that they could have used a bigger TV considering it was positioned across the room from the bed. Not that the TV is small, just that it's a really big room. I loved the huge closet, the full length mirror, the magnifying mirror in mirror in the bathroom, the toiletries were amazing (FACE Sweden), bed was extremely comfy, everything was great.

The staff could not have been more accommodating. Everyone was a pleasure to deal with and I can truly say that I will not even look at any other hotels for all future trips to Seattle.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the superior level room for a true luxury travel experience.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Jaskev, it is difficult not to smile ear to ear as I read your review and reply! It truly was our pleasure having you as our guest! Thank you for the praise and sharing your valuable experience with our friends!

I'm happy to read that our location, the restaurants, the room, and our amenities were all to your liking! It gives me great pleasure to share your review with my team! I know that each of us take great pride in exceeding our guest expectations and clearly we have done this for you! Thank you for being our guest and allowing us the opportunity to be part of your Seattle experience.

We are glad to make our home, your home away from home each time your travel plans bring you back too Seattle. Please let us know how we can be of service to you when making your next reservations! Once again, thank you!

Yours Truly,