“Not a good experience”

Ranked #14 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Austin, Texas
“Not a good experience”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The poor service at Hotel Andra almost cost me $1500 in a missed flight! I booked a private charter flight and a whale watching tour and prepaid for both. The night before I called down to the front desk asking about how best to transport our kiddo and was told that they had booster seats and if I got a car service - I could borrow one. Then, in the morning we come down to meet our car and I was told they had booster seats, but I couldn't use one unless I used their car service. So I wait while the front desk lady helps all the people in line *behind me* (we have a plane to catch here people) and then calls their car service. Now, in the meantime, you would have thought they'd be looking for their boosters so we could go right away and there would be some sense of urgency -- but our situation is clearly the last thing on anyone's mind. They don't start looking until the driver gets there (20 minutes late now) and they can't find one. Long story short - the Andra staff is totally unconcerned - and eventually the driver starts going other hotels and eventually borrows a seat so we can get to our flight (50 minute late). We were lucky they held the flight and the whale tour with 30 other people on it - otherwise we would have missed it. It was a totally stressy morning that set off my health issues and I ended up spending some time with the San Juan Island EMTs. We asked the manager to call to discuss the situation, but no one ever did. We were told this booster seat situation happens pretty frequently as well.

From the other reviews - it looks like the front desk folks can often have the incorrect information about things.

Also the Internet didn't work at all in the evenings.

The king suite doors aren't solid - so there's no noise barrier if one person wants to get up and do stuff in the sitting room while the other sleeps in.

I would say the hotel is fine unless you actually ask for some service.

Room Tip: The doors in the king suite are not solid - so they don't provide a noise barrier if one person...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Team-Umlaut, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you xtinebbb for being our guest and providing me your feedback. I'm truly sorry to learn that our team did not provide you the warm, friendly, and superior hospitality that we have built our reputation on. I have copied my front office management team on your review and will do our best to remedy the challenge for you and future guest stays. You will not hear any excuses, just a sincere apology for the poor communication and lack of guest services during your check out.

I also appreciate your comments regarding the internet speed. We just finished installing an entirely new network and upgraded our bandwidth with new fiber optic equipment. We will let our technicians know that you experienced trouble with the speed at night during your stay.

I hope that you will allow us an opportunity in the future to show you we can exceed your expectations. Please contact me directly when you are planning your next visit, I would be glad to personally oversee the details of your reservation and ensure your stay is both relaxing and enjoyable!

Lars

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I'll just reiterate what everyone else has said in their reviews. This is a nice hotel in a great location. Easy walk to Pikes or Space Needle and you have Lola, Assaggio, Dahlia Bakery and Serious Pie all right outside your door. Would stay here again on next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Team-Umlaut, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Honesttripreviewer,

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to tell us about your stay. When you return to Seattle we would be thrilled to welcome you back to the Hotel Ändra.

New England
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay the the Hotel Andra. The hotel has a somewhat modern vibe and the lobby is a nice place to sit and wait for friends.

Highlight of our stay was picking up a quick, yummy, on-the-go breakfast from Dahlia's bakery across the street. You can easily walk from here to the Space Needle and Pike's Market.

Room Tip: enjoy breakfast across the street
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
visitall50, thank you for staying at Hotel Ändra while visiting Seattle. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel. We appreciate your "shout out" to the Dahlia Bakery across the street. Our restaurant partners at Lola and Dahila will be delighted to hear your comments. Each of us take great pride in making our guest feel right at home and we look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are visiting!

Sincerely Yours,
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I recently met our son and daughter-in-law for a few days in Seattle. Several months before our vacation I spent hours studying hotels. I decided on Hotel Andra, why you might ask, well because of its location, pictures of rooms looked inviting and the hotel was a nice size but not huge as some in Las Vegas, price was reasonable and in keeping with the surrounding area. (nothing is inexpensive in downtown and few things are in Seattle as a whole) What a delight! Rooms were nicely decorated, very spacious, clean and quiet. This in itself would have been enough to sell me on the hotel but what was really exceptional was the staff. I cannot give them enough accolades. I have stayed at several really nice hotels where the staff is accommodating but this staff was more than that. Bouavan, who seemed to be at the front desk every time I needed help, was cheerful, patient, informative and kind. She never once hesitated to make phone calls, look for the best experience, best, most reliable and least expensive transportation and always with a smile on her face. Her suggestions were always on target. Skyler, the concierge, was eager to help and Steven, the doorman\bellman and jack of all trades, was genuinely helpful. It has been many years since hotel staff addressed me by name but the three individuals above did just that whether we were getting off the elevator, walking out or in the door or asking for directions. Not once did I have the feeling that this was done for a tip. It was truly a unique experience. They made my our stay uniquely special.
Ok, one negative - the bathroom though clean with updated fixtures was small.

Room Tip: I have no idea about the kids activities. This would not let me go back and leave it blank.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hhcs13
Hhcs13,

Wow! It was such a pleasure reading your review. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are excited to share this with our entire team. Exceeding our guest expectations is what we all strive for and it is wonderful to hear that was your experience. We are extremely fortunate to have Bouavan, Schuyler, and Steven on our team and we are so pleased to hear that they were able to contribute to you having a wonderful trip with your family. When you decide to return to Seattle we would be honored to welcome you back to our home.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 July 2014

You cannot go wrong with this property - everyone, and I mean everyone, went out of their way to be helpful. From Greg the manager to Anthony at the front desk - not only did they remember us, but they called us by name!

The room was well appointed (611) and it had a wet bar, fridge and sitting area. It was located off of the street, but we could still watch the parade going by from our windows! (4th Avenue is the street for all of Seattle's parades).

Next time we will stay in Seattle, it will be at Hotel Andra!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Team-Umlaut, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Seattle_Geoff, it was our pleasure to have you stay at Hotel Ändra! "Stay-cations" are a great way to get out and enjoy life - locally! We are proud to be your choice for your mini getaway! I know our Trip Advisor viewers greatly appreciate your time and honest opinion as much as we do!! Greg and Anthony also appreciate the acknowledgement! Our goal is to continually make our guest stays relaxing and enjoyable and it looks like we accomplished this for you! Come back again soon! We look forward to visiting with more the next time you are "getting away"!

Regards,
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Two days prior to our stay we received a call from the Hotel confirming our stay and asked if we had any special requests. I thought about it and I remembered to ask for a street view. We arrived early about 12:45 pm, they got us in our room early with a street view as well. Its a small really neat hotel with a warm lobby and nice full size bar. Our room was fantastic, the wife loved the lighted make up mirror in the bathroom and really loved the secondary seating area with another lighted make up mirror. Service from everyone is great. Centrally located and just minutes from everything. The hotel restaurant was very good, but we loved Dahlia's bakery across the street, try the egg sandwhiches. Note-several of these restaurant are related, which was good. We spent three days at the hotel and one of my favorite things was they had pre-bagged ice in the hall, wow! We will certainly go back the next time in Seattle!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
If only we had more time to travel!!! Thank you TimeToTravel097 for taking a moment to share your recent stay with our future guests! As you may know, many travelers use TripAdvisor as a pre-planning tool, and your personal experience is invaluable in assisting others as they are planning their travel to Seattle.

My team and I are thrilled that your wife (and hopefully you) were delighted with your accommodations and our Hotel! We are very fortunate to be partnered with Lola and several magnificent restaurants owned and operated by Chef Tom Douglas! Indeed the Dahlia Bakery across the street is "thee" place to pick up a quick breakfast (egg sandwich) on the go, or sit outside on the walk and enjoy. They have many fine sweets and pastries for the afternoon pick me up too! Our central location makes it possible to walk to almost all of Seattle's famous attractions, and certainly nothing is further than the local transit or taxi!

Our ice chest do come in handy and make retrieving ice so easy and quiet! We are always glad to delivery ice to your room, but glad to know that we've made it simple and easy for you too grab a bag as you head back to your room! We remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you home when you return to Seattle!

Cheers!
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel Andra staff was friendly and knowledgeable. They made themselves available and treated me like a valued guest. They made sure I was aware of things to do in the surrounding area and events at the hotel. Rooms were immaculate and service was impecible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Xxlijacket,

We are excited to share your kind comment with our team. Thank you! We strive to make every guest feel welcomed and valued; they will be delighted to hear that was your experience. We hope that you return soon and when you do we will be here to welcome you back.