“"The icing on the cake"....”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 14 May 2009

My Husband and I recently got married in Seattle. We are locals, so we know the Seattle scene pretty well. When we shopped around for a hotel for our out of town family and honeymoon night, Hotel Andra was our number one choice. Andra's atmosphere is very chic but exudes a very homey vibe. The beds were surprisingly very comfortable, which as everyone knows is a rare find! We had quite a few young children in our party and the hotel provided as many cribs as needed...which were also good wood quality, not the typical white pbc pipe looking ones you usually get at other hotels. Andra has a great restaurant attached to it called "Lola". We had Brunch there and it's one of the best restaurants in town, ask anyone! The night before the wedding my bachlorette party kicked off @ Lola, it's a wonderful cozy, low lit vibe, their cocktails are great! All the rooms have magnificent views of the city, especially the Monarch Suite! My Husband and I stayed in the Monarch our wedding night, and it was truly the icing on the cake for our wedding! From the jacuzzi, king bed, bathrooms, flat screen plasma tv, which are in most of the rooms in the hotel, to the long dinning room table where we held our brunch for the gift opening. The staff truly went above and behond to make our wedding go as smoothly as possible, we cannot thank them enough! We look forward to staying there again soon!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank brikaySeattle
Write a ReviewReviews (2,095)

Reviewed 11 May 2009

My husband and I had two quick days in Seattle,we arrived 9:30n am ,and I have to say they let us check in then,so that was amazing.The concierge gave us a choice of quieter room ,or street side ..great.We dropped our bags and headed out noticing some construction work starting...we were told this small job would be done by 4 pm,off we go.After a long day eating ,shopping enjoying Seattle,we arrive back to find the whole lobby taped off ,and weird access to the elevator ,and for the next two days to even get to Lolas ,their lobby bar/restaurant ,you had to go out the second floor ,down here ,out there ,outside to eventually arrive in the hotel bar...we laughed it was funny ,and really it did not take away from the great location,charm and overall good experience...but ,come on ....an apology ,bar credit ,prior email.....would have been appreciated.On another note,we had the most fabulous experience at the SteelHead Diner..the chef was amazing ,took such great care of us ,and the food to die for..go there! and Dahlia bakery for treats ,and their chorizo sandwich.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jolifri
Reviewed 28 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Andra this past weekend. We got a GREAT deal- 20% off the usual price by calling to make the reservation and prepaying it (rather than reserving online, as we would usually do). I had been considering one of the "packages" offered on the hotel's website (www.hotelandra.com) but because the trip was only for 2 days, 1 night, I wasn't sure if it would be worth doing. One of the main reasons I was interested is because of the valet parking included in one of the packages, so I mentioned this to the woman taking my reservation on the phone, and she said she could give me half off velet parking. Nice!

At any rate, the hotel was an old building that had been beautifully remodeled. It was very mod. Our room was gorgeous. The bathroom was small but you could tell exactly what it must have looked like "back in the day." In other words, they had kept the character of the room, and this was most evident in the bathroom, where the totally new & modern fixtures were updated versions of the fixtures that were likely there in the hotel's original heyday. (According to a friend of ours, the building used to be a "transient hotel.") I happen to love this look- sleek and modernized with the old character still intact.

Our bed was very comfortable, there was a nice flat panel TV in the room, and the bathtub was huge, I am So happy I indulged in a bath before I left. The shampoo and other products were from a company called Face and they were White Tea fragrance. They smelled so good I wish I knew where to buy them.

The view from our window was unfortunately pretty crappy because the building across the street was under construction. I would imagine that this will be a really cool view once it is done. But I don't spend much time looking out the window when I'm in a hotel anyway. :)

The location was EXCELLENT. The hotel is located on 4th avenue- we were planning to see a show at Demetrious Jazz Alley on Saturday night for my birthday. This venue is on 6th avenue- as it turned out, we were in Easy walking distance of the show. Just a couple blocks. Perfect. We also met up with my husband's cousin Saturday afternoon at a place called Brasa- also just a few blocks away. This was a lounge that offered delicious food & drink. Great place to hang out and chat.

Attached to the hotel is a retaurant called Lola. We went there for brunch when we got into town and for a cocktail after the show. The food at this place is Amazing- Greek-inspired cuisine by chef Tom Douglas. When our friends found out we were staying at the Andra, they demanded that we go to Lola, and we are damn glad we did. Also, the hotel is located across the street from the famous Dahlia Lounge, which is also a Tom Douglas restaurant. However, we did not have time to check it out.

Regarding service: I had received a birthday gift of champagne, and the manager on duty (Kyle) called me to let me know. I appreciated that he called in the afternoon well after we had settled in even though he already knew about the gift when I got there. He asked when a good time would be to bring up the gift, and I said anytime. He said he would chill it first then bring it up in about 45 minutes. At precisely then, he arrived. When he got to the door, he asked if I wanted him to come in to set down the package. (Now, this may seem like an obvious question, BUT the last time we stayed somewhere, we ordered room service, and when it arrived, the guy literally just walked right in without asking! I was sitting there in my underwear, so it was really embarrassing.) Anyway, Kyle set down the package, wished me a happy birthday and was on his way. He was just a cool cat all around and a class act. In fact, I can say that Everyone we encountered at the Hotel Andra was very attentive, nice, friendly, and helpful.

When we checked out on Sunday, they were pretty busy, but our car was brought promptly by the young valet, who asked us if we needed any directions. We actually did, and he provided very helpful directions for us. He was so nice and genuine that we talked about him when we got in the car and joked that it would be nice to have a son like that instead of the ones we do have. ha!

I would highly recommend the Hotel Andra. As the construction around the hotel gets completed, I think this hotel is only going to become more desirable. I think we got an amazing deal, and I only wish our visit was longer- next time it will be!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gulbinis
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Excellent location, excellent rooms, excellent area to sit in entrance. Downsides are street noise and high cost.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank s_w_on_the_road
Reviewed 25 March 2009

This was the last hotel we stayed in on our multi-state honeymoon. We splurged and wish we'd chosen somewhere else. The bed was really, really, really comfortable, and the bathroom design and decor was nice, but those are about the only good things to say about it. Usually I'm reasonably happy with hotels, but this was such a disappointment. When you pay $180/night for a room, it should be worth it.

What Went Wrong:
--Reservations staff noticed we were on honeymoon and offered, pre-trip, complimentary champagne; the front desk staff forgot until two hours after we'd been in our room.
--We arrived precisely at check-in time with luggage, and they wouldn't change our designated room (same price!) so we had to leave our luggage at the desk. When we returned an hour later, they hadn't delivered our luggage to our room, as promised.
--Other reviewers mentioned it, but I was shocked anyway: The volume of ridiculous stuff in your room that is only accessible through paying for it. It seemed really tacky to have $50 oxygen therapy something (canisters?) - why are they shilling for that product?
--I'm used to small spaces, but really. The room was ridiculously small.
--Furniture was in poor condition.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane_Court
Reviewed 17 March 2009

Excellent location, tasteful, nice sized room in a hip hotel with a swell restaurant. I had business in town, so my husband and I stayed over the weekend and enjoyed Seattle. We were able to walk just about everywhere in town from the hotel. Lola Restaurant downstairs was eclectic, fun and delicious! Bar scene off of lobby seemed very happening. Dahlia Lounge, Dahlia Bakery and Serious Pies are right across the street. Best coconut cream pies and donuts ever. Our only complaint was the size of the bathroom, too small for two people, so getting ready in the morning took a little longer. The closet was huge though and the flat screen TV was nice. The bed was crazy comfortable. Watch out for the bottled air in the bathroom, you will be charged about $60 if the wrapper is removed! Not a place for little ones.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2009

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times now and plan on returning this Thursday for a third time. Both stays have been adequate and pleasant. The hotel staff is helpful and friendly and the rooms comfortable. The one thing I can think could be an issue for some is the size of the bathrooms, which are a little on the smaller side, though well laid out and efficient. I recommend this hotel for its great location and friendly service. Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple