“Great location, comfortable rooms and chic lobby/resto do not justify the room rates.”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #9 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Something is seriously out of whack when people are willing to pay upwards of 200 bucks a night for a basic hotel room in an old building that clanks and groans all night long and offers little more than snappy furnishings, a good bar and location. We've been staying in this same hotel for decades, through numerous incarnations, but we just can't see paying twice as much as we used to for a room that is basically the same old room, with a few cosmetic changes. Much better deals are to be found elsewhere in Seattle.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Ketchikan, Alaska
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I was really looking forward to staying at the hotel Andra, We usually stay at the 4 seasons but they didn't have anything available to fit our family during our trip. So after extensive searches I came accross hotel andra. I was promised a "Suite" with accomadations enough for us and our 2 small children. Our room was not ready till after 6pm, then when we got settled into our room my 4 year old son found drug paraphanalia on the floor in front of the couch. When my partner went down to talk to the manager, they didn't really act like it was a big deal. My partner works for the department of justice and really tried to press the severity of a little kid coming accross drugs in our room. So after dinner we go back up to our room to set the kids up with a movie in the living room, and the TV doesn't work, so we all end up in the main bedroom with the kids watching a movie. Instead of having the tiny amount of space we were supposed to have. The next day they offered a free movie rental, which really doesn't make up for a ruined night. I was really bummed about the whole experience, I really was expecting more from the staff. One good thing I can say, is that the Valet guys were really really nice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lolitalost
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2010

o suite was poorly furnished with cheap mirrors and uncomfortable sofa
o tiny bathroom
o felt like an old hotel in need of refurbishing
o noisy due to nearby building works
o got the feeling from the staff that this hotel would prefer their clientele to be business people and not tourists
o room service trays left in hallway for very long periods (eg all day)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 October 2010

If you are like me, you are searching the internet for the best hotel value - search no more. My wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Seattle and of course wanted it to be as special as possible. From reservation to check-out, we have nothing but great feedback.
Upon arrival, we were greeted outside as we arrived by taxi by the door person who graciously loaded our luggage onto a bell cart and assured us our luggage will be sent to our room once we check in - and it was. The front desk agents were attentive to our needs and answered our questions as we thought of them and check in was flawless - we stayed in a corner Lux suite on the 10th floor.

Upon entering our room, I have a habit of checking the entire room to make sure it is cleaned and everything works. I have to say, I was extremely impressed by the overall cleanliness and attention to detail, so kudos to the guest room attendants who keep this room clean. Not an ounce of dust to be found, amenities set up to perfection. Furthermore, as we ventured out into the city each day, our room was 'reset' just as though we were arriving for the first time and let's not forget about the daily turndown service!

Throughout our stay as we entered and exited the hotel, the staff always smiled at us and genuinely looked like they wanted to be there and that speaks volumes.

This hotel goes beyond just a room and a place to sleep. For us, it enhanced our week-long stay in Seattle and we are already talking about booking our next stay at Hotel Andra.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Kalaheo, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The Hotel Andra is truly a little gem in downtown Seattle. The rooms are freshly redone in a stylish contemporary vein. We stayed in a jr. suite, which was very roomy and separated the bedroom from the living room by louvered doors (very handy when one partner wants to sleep and the other wants to read). The restaurant Lola occupies the corner and adjoins the lobby. The food is excellent and they were still serving dinner when we checked in at 11:30 PM on a Monday night (they provide the 24 hr. room service, which was also excellent). The location is great, just a couple of blocks up the hill from Pike's Market and other downtown attractions. Other Tom Douglas restaurants (Dahlia Lounge, Dahlia Bakery, Serious Pie) are right across the street. The staff was super friendly and efficient. The only negative was that the bathrooms are a little small, although very well appointed and functional. An excellent choice and value.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Monticello, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We stayed for a week at this hotel for a conference held at the Bell Harbor Conference Center. From the moment I walked in, it felt like home. The staff was extremely courteous and the hotel was modern but very comfortable. We took away every ounce of value in the room costs.

The guest rooms were beautiful and so well furnished and arranged. They had a comfortable bed with a down comforter, a couch and coffee table, a sink and counter space with coffee maker and, of course, Starbucks coffee and Tazo teas.

The service was exceptional. For example, one night I asked the front desk for some earplugs and after about 10 minutes the concierge showed up at my room with a small store bag with some earplugs that they must not have had in house and had to run out to the store to get. This was completely unexpected but the service shown in this gesture was greatly welcomed.

Also, on the day we left for the airport at 7 a.m., we asked the front desk to get us a taxi. Instead they had arranged for a town car service for less money than what we would have paid for a cab.

Here are a few other details that impressed me the most about this hotel:

Beautiful bathroom with a great shower
Cotton balls and q-tips in a glass container was a nice touch
Makeup counter and nook with lighted mirror
Anti-fog mirror in the bathroom
The softest, most wonderful robes
Door and concierge service
Complimentary umbrellas to use on those rainy Seattle days
Business center with printers and paper (no charge)

They have an amazing lounge and lobby area with a fireplace that invites you to sit and visit with your friends and colleagues in a great, quiet setting.

This hotel was everything I could have wanted and more. I will stay nowhere else when visiting Seattle. The Hotel Andra is now my Seattle home away from home.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I stayed one entire week at the Hotel Andra & I had a blast; it was my 1st time to Seattle & I was very impressed; the hotel was centrally located to all of the fun/points of interest; the staff made me feel extremely welcome and always had recommendations for things for me to do which was extremely important as I was traveling alone. I will definitely stay at this hotel again; it's not real fancy like some of the hotels I stayed in for business but it's got a cool, hip vibe that I liked and it was clean; I highly recommend it as a great place to stay for business or leisure. I'm pretty picky when it comes to staying in nice hotels and this made the grade for me.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo