“Lovely hotel, great restaruant, nice staff.. expensive.”

The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #39 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
USA
“Lovely hotel, great restaruant, nice staff.. expensive.”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We booked this hotel online and paid extra... a lot extra, for the waterfront room. This was for a special occaison, and I have to say it was worth it, though I don't feel as good about it knowing some people were able to get that for free. The Edge really does nickle and dime you at every opportunity... 25$ if you tried to steal one of the bath products? 30$ for the teddy bear that your kids will start asking for when you walk in the room? Wifi another extra daily charge. Valet parking another charge. Try not to drive there. There is a shuttle leaving the hotel on the hour, that will take patrons downtown or to the Amtrak station. No charge other than a gratuity for the driver. In the room, you will also find the usual high end hotel items like bottled water, snacks and the minibar. Loved the cute bear ottoman, noticed you can get one in the gift shop for 425$. OK this is a hotel for rich people, we may never do this again. The coffee at least was free, but I called the front desk just to make sure. Now that I've gotten done complaining, on to the good......rooms are comfortable, bathrooms are obviously remodeled and quite nice....the entire hotel is lovely, the staff are outstanding, and the onsite restaraunt, 67, is NOT to be missed. In fact it is a destination on its own. Waterfront views, impeccable service, tasteful, relaxing ambience, and the food was excellent - everything was presented wonderfully and tasted great. We may not be able to afford this hotel again if visiting Seattle in the future, but we will make it a point to visit 67 regardless.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
DaveCocks, General Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you for the nice comments about the hotel and staff and our Six Seven restaurant, which is also a favorite of the locals.
We look forward to your return to Six Seven.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,438)
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Although I usually stay in a hotel within walking distance of the shopping area around Norsdtrom, this was a pleasant change. My only complaint was they charge for WiFi. This in very annoying in a 4 star hotel. Also, there's no self parking so whenever someone came to visit me they paid $6 plus tip. I usually don't hang out in hotel lobbys, but I found this one very inviting with a great view of the Sound. Maybe because I booked through Hotels.com and got a great deal, I had a view of the parking lot. The fireplace was nice and the hotel gift shop is a lot of fun - another unusual element. I'd stay here again if I could get an ocean view.

• Stayed February 2012
We thank you for your comments and compliments. I do want to point out that the popularity of our waterfront rooms makes it more and more difficult to provide upgrades for free. As so many of our reviewers have stated, the waterfront rooms are worth the price.
We hope you will return in the near future.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We had stayed here many years ago and had a great time and loved the hotel. Based on our past experience we booked it again for the President's Day weekend with two other friends. What a disappointment this time! The first thing you see when you drive into the parking lot is a sign saying that valet parking is required at $36 per night! It was my recollection that when we stayed the previous time there was no valet parking or that it was optional. It's not like there isn't any parking available at the hotel and that they need to shuttle your car to a lot offsite somewhere; they have a very large parking area similar to what a hotel out by the airport would have, so it appears they are simply charging as a way of sucking more money from their guests. When we talked with the desk clerk about the high cost of parking, we were told that all the hotels in Seattle do it, and while the Edgewater might be a little high, it is in line with what other hotels are charging. Even more frustrating is waiting 10 minutes at the curb for the car jockey to go get your car, when you're staring at your car parked less than 60' away. Valet parking is inconvenient at best for the customer, and the Edgewater's system was poor.
Overall the rooms and hallways are very "tired". All the rooms appear to have had the bathrooms upgraded, but for some reason the rest of the room has been left in it's worn out state. Our first room on the water side had a fireplace that had the front glass so sooted up you could barely see the flames. The slider leading out onto the deck had a built in vent in the framework that no longer had a cover on the outside, which allowed cold air to blow into the room unabated all night. Poor maintenance for sure! To the credit of the lobby staff, we were moved to another room the next day after we complained about the two problems mentioned.
The staff was the only bright spot of what was otherwise a very disappointing stay. The hotel is in a prime location right on the water, and has the potential of being one of the premiere properties in Seattle, but they've missed the mark. It's almost as though the hotel knows that they established a reputation years ago of being a top-notch hotel, and now they're just coasting without trying to maintain that reputation. Unfortunately we will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you accept what they have booked for you. They seem to put you in the sm...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank spokanite12
I am disappointed in reading your comments and invite you to contact me personally so we can discuss further.
Thank you.
Portland
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Nicely appointed and beautiful views. The lobby is cozy and a comfortable place to hang out. The rooms were ample with a balcony, gas fireplace and a comfy bed and pillows.
The bathroom is big a lovely and there are great shower heads. I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
A simple thank you for taking the time to post your comments and experience.
Please come again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The Edgewater Inn is a lovely hotel with beautiful views of the Puget Sound (you have to book these specifically!). The hotel design is 'Northwest' and it is quite beautiful with chairs surrounding a gas fireplace with a footstool to warm your feet. The rooms are large, with big flat screen televisions. The beds were extremely comfortable - I normally do not sleep well when I travel, but was sleeping soundly within minutes. There is a coffeemaker with plenty of coffee (2 bags regular - yay!) and a normal sized blow-dryer in the bathroom, not one of those tiny ones that are attached to the wall in other hotels. The bathrooms are gorgeous - all stone tiles with a rain shower head that is adjustable, as well as a hand-held sprayer, in case that is needed. The toilets are low-flush to conserve water - very green.
Although I stayed in February - just returned home - I liked the fact that you can actually open the large windows, if you choose. The fireplace was not overbearing and only turned up when necessary (based on thermostat?). The workout room is small, but is probably the right size for the hotel and has all of the equipment one would expect.
All of the front desk and reservations staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The concierge, Kevin, was wonderful, and ordered me a last-minute town car to get to the airport, since I had a very early flight out and could not utilize the public transportation for my ride. The gift shop is well-appointed and open late, which is very convenient.
The restaurant, Six-Seven, is first class, with beautiful views of the Puget Sound and excellent selections for brunch. I would highly recommend the berry parfait, the panna cotta and the lavender-honey crème brulee (I like sweets!). The wait staff was also efficient and friendly, service was fast and accommodating. Further, you get a whole pot of coffee at the table, so never have to wait for a refill.
The location is excellent, and after walking around downtown Seattle, I would say the best location. The shopping district is very busy, as is the Pikes Place area - not really my style. Although I like to walk, the hotel offers an hourly shuttle to the shopping district (about 1 mile away I would guess). There is also a FREE city bus (#99) that passes right by the front of the hotel every 20 minutes or so that stops at Pikes Place, Pioneer Square, the International District, and the shopping area, so there is actually no walking necessary to see the city. The hotel is in the Belltown area of the city, which has many restaurants and nice clubs/bars, so that is convenient also. I loved my stay at the Edgewater and highly recommend it. I will book there on my next visit to Seattle!

Room Tip: Choose a waterfront room - definitely
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Chrisferie
I hope everyone who wants to come to Seattle reads your review! Thank you and we look forward to your return.
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The hotel overlooks the Sound and has a nice view of the ferries coming and going. Room was comfortable without being pretentious. Restaurant and bar are nice with a spectacular view. I will go back but not without asking for the free upgrade that they were offering.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. And let's hope we can work on your waterfront room assignment next time. Can't promise though!!