“Beautiful Buliding”

Ranked #39 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
minneapolis
“Beautiful Buliding”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My family stayed here and thought the hotel was very nice, but very expensive. The location was good and the hotel lobby was very nice, but you could find places just as nice for a better price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
DaveCocks, General Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Ah...........such is life! One can always find a faster car, a cheaper meal, and a less expensive hotel room (and more expensive too), but then one would not get the experience of the one and only waterfront hotel in Seattle...............the Edgewater!

Thank you for your posting.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,444)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The only good thing in the hotel is the lobby view.

I booked a room with 4 people through priceline, and they gave us a room with a kingsize bed.
After complain with the manager several times and I told them I am going to write bad review on priceline, he changed the room to two full size bed. But the AC is so noisy, however if you turn the AC off, you can hear people talking, walking above your room, I guess it is because the hotel is old. What's more? There is no lock in the bathroom...no privacy at all

Parking is $42 per night which is overprice, there is an indoor garage cross the street charge only $10 per night.

I will never book in here again, never!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike A
I am sorry to learn of yur disappointment. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally if you care to contact me.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I went to the Edgewater Hotel is Seattle a little over a year ago for my birthday-as a suprise from my family. They know I love EVERYTHING Beattles, and the fact that the Edgewater was once home to them-gave me a sence of belonging. On the Friday and Saturday nights we were there, there was a live band in the very retro/modern bar, the bartenders were FABULOUS, and the food was to die for. Thats why for my birthday this year we went back. Thank GOODNESS to their service and to their staff-they remembered us from last year! I was thrilled to not only feel that first sence of comfort-but the second time around? Thanks to George at the front desk, and the restaurant bar staff-this is trully a home away from home.

-Returning guest.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SeattleAmanda123
DaveCocks, General Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
We hope you return soon too. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed here for the past three years on our visits to Seattle and have never been disappointed. This is an awesome hotel. Love staying here. Restaurant is great, breakfast is actually well priced and very good. Would stay here again and again

• Stayed April 2012
We love hearing comments like this and thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.
Look forward to your return.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The rooms are older but they are very clean. the fireplace in the room was different and the views were fantastic

Room Tip: Ask for the bay side the views were fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
We agree, the waterside rooms of the Edgewater are the best in the entire City!!!

Thank you!
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We got a room through priceline.com ($100 a night instead of the posted $229 a night through the hotel). If you go through priceline you get a city view (our room looked directly at the Seattle Space Needle) but the other side of the hotel had beautiful water views. Every room has a fireplace for nice ambiance. We had a queen bed room which was a little small even for just two of us but it was nicely decorated, the bed was comfortable, and it had a gorgeous bathroom with a slate shower and open glass door design. The restaurant had a great view but it was pretty pricey - we paid $8 for one slice of cheesecake but it was very delicious. There was a little train noise through the night being on the city side of the hotel but it wasn't too interuptive. They lend out bikes to guests so we were able to borrow the bikes to ride up and down the water front and visit the Pike Market - all of this was in a great walking location but the bikes were handy. They also offer shuttles to the space needle, pike market, pioneer square, and all the great tourist attractions close by.

Room Tip: If you go through the hotel ask for the water view but if not the fourth floor was a great floor for...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for all the nice things you said about the Edgewater. We are in a great location and feel we offer great options with our water view rooms and the city skyline views as you pointed out as well are great.
Angleton, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I have always wanted to stay at The Edgewater Hotel in Seattle. So, this year (2012), I splurged and reserved a water-view room for my April 2-night stay. I was not disappointed. I am a photographer, and the photo ops I captured from the room's window was worth the price of the room. Actually, because I made a non-refundable reservation 7 days ahead of arrival (more like 3 weeks ahead of arrival), I was able to receive a much-welcomed discount.

The hotel is located on a pier, with rooms facing both cityside and waterside (Elliott Bay, Bainbridge Island, the Olympic Mountains in the distance). The hotel is going through a sort of renovation, laying new carpet on the floors and doing some other things here and there. The work had not yet reached my floor. I stayed in room 352. It's a large room, with a fireplace, large desk area, King bed, flat-screen television, wet bar, mini-fridge, glasses and coffee mugs, and of course the standard bathroom toiletries. My room was clean and comfortable, which is basically all that I require of a room. The hotel does provide WiFi...at a price. As a photographer uploading photos to my website and various other sites, I did not feel like paying $4.95 per hour and was glad I brought along my own portable internet.

The exterior of the room and along the hallway look slightly worn and dated, but I believe that will be taken care of once they start renovating the floor on which I stayed. As one guest on the elevator with me remarked: "It's a little 'tired-looking' isn't it? I kind of expected more bang for my buck". Make no mistake, the Edgewater - for the majority of us - is on the pricey side.

My first night, I ate dinner at the hotel's Six Seven Restaurant. Very friendly serving staff, awesome views, a lovely interior, and outside dining as well. I made my meal from their appetizers which come in very large portions. I ordered their signature lobster mac and cheese, asparagus sauteed in butter, a Manny's Pale Ale, and for dessert had a lavender creme brulee and coffee. It was all delicious, although I didn't really taste any lavender flavor in my creme brulee, and I could have done without that little chocolate "honeycomb" placed atop the brulee, as I thought it took away from the main flavor. Dinner was expensive, and that was just ordering from the appetizers. However, I was on vacation and splurged, and enjoyed every minute of it.

The next time I travel to Seattle, I definitely will stay here again. I may even try to reserve that same room, since the views were stupendous. And yes, you literally can drop a fishing line outside of your window. The bellman jokingly asked me if I wanted to rent any fishing tackle.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank RebeccaL2
We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed The Edgewater and will come again! Can’t wait for your return.
And we are very proud of our Six Seven restaurant. We take great pride in that it is NOT your typical hotel restaurant at all and actually a local’s favorite.
Thank you for giving our staff the high marks as you did. They are a great group of people that love what they do.
Thanks for your posting and hope you can return soon.