“Unique Hotel, an experience within the city.”

The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #40 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights for a business meeting. We also had the 'catered' breakfast and lunch.

The hotel is actually built over the water. If you can, get a room... more expensive... that looks over the water instead of the driveway and road/train track side. I didn't have one, but I think it would be worth it.

The rooms are cozy, but clean, comfy and unique. The only thing i thought was negative, was the rock floored floor in the bathroom. it is a bit hard on bare feet and cold. The bathroom itself was cold, and could use an infrared heater on chilly mornings. The toiletries were of high quality, as were the finishings.

If you drive, be warned of a significant valet parking>

The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

It was about a $45 taxi ride from the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to share your Edgewater experience. Whether you're joining us for business or leisure, we take immense pride in providing unparalleled hospitality to each of our guests, and we're happy that you enjoyed your stay on our property. We certainly value the feedback in terms of your bathroom temperature, and we hope to be able to share many more of our rooms--particular those with a water view--in your travels to come. Please be sure to reach out the next time you visit the Seattle area; we'd love to see more of you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,889)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here one night for our one year anniversary and loved it! The staff was very friendly and helpful and our room was outstanding. We had a great dinner at the restaurant inside the hotel and sat out on the deck overlooking he water. It was within waking distance to a great street filled with bars and pike's market. We loved it!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for sharing your anniversary with us and for reaching out with such kind words. It's a pleasure to have been able to complement your special occasion with our views, services, and Six Seven's incomparable cuisine, and we hope for opportunity to host you again in your travels ahead. Please be sure to reach out the next time you're in the seattle area, and thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I don't fall in love with many hotels so I have give the place lots of kudos. I love it!

We had an issue with the room we deserved and they totally made up for the inconvenience.

They made us feel welcome, appreciated and apologized up and down for the error. Other hotels should take their lead.

The rooms are smaller but cozy, super comfy and relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2013
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

It's a pleasure to have had you as our guest, and we're happy to hear that our outgoing services exceeded the mark. We're exceedingly proud of our property and team, and it would be a pleasure to host your travels to come. Please be sure to reach out the next time you visit the area, and thanks again for your kind review!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I picked this hotel as a treat before going on the last cruise of the season to Alaska. We were greeted by a smiling and pleasant Kayla at reception who checked us in with speed and efficiency to a first floor sea view room. On hearing we were celebrating a birthday she gave us a complimentary cocktail voucher to have in the bar, a nice touch. Happy hour in the bar with sea view is a must and the snacks on sale were very tasty.The room was spacious and clean with gas fireplace and claw bath in the bathroom. The water view amazing as if we had started the cruise a day early. The only downsize was having to pay for water from the well stocked mini bar. Considering the price one pays for a room at this hotel, complimentary water would be expected as is the case with much lesser priced hotels. Apart from that we enjoyed our stay, the staff were very friendly and met all our expectations. D and M O'L

Room Tip: The sea view room is not worth paying extra no matter how amazing the view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thanks for choosing our Edgewater Resort to be a part of your travels and for taking the time to offer such kind feedback of your visit. It's a pleasure to be able to share our hospitality with you, and we're happy to hear that our team and services left such a positive impression on you. We'd love the opportunity to host you again, and we hope that you'll reach out the next time you're in the Seattle area. Many thanks again; we hope your cruise was amazing!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

While I was disappointed the hotel does not include a pool, the view that the waterside rooms provides is fantastic. The rooms are a little on the small side, but kept clean and tidy. The hotel offers a fantastic breakfast to start your day off on the right foot!

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms have fantastic views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thanks for being a guest of the Edgewater, Josh. While we're sorry that we weren't able to offer you a pool, we're happy that our waterfront rooms helped to fill some of this void. It would be a pleasure to host you again and to lend even more of our renown hospitality to your Seattle stay, and we hope that you'll reach out the next time you visit the area. Thanks again for your time and review!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I only live 30 minutes north of Seattle, but picked The Edgewater for a chance to unplug and relax for a couple of nights. It was the most memorable 'vacation' I have had in a long time. To start, every staff member I encountered was friendly, helpful and approachable. Although I am technically a local, the front desk still gave me some great recommendations for things to do! It is evident that excellent guest service is their number 1 priority. I had an amazing, spacious room on the top floor with a private, quiet balcony and absolutely breathtaking views of Puget Sound and the Waterfront!! I didn't even want to leave my room! I took dozens of pictures as the sun was rising and setting because every time I thought it couldn't get more beautiful...it did! I enjoyed a delicious breakfast and lunch in the restaurant on the main floor, and found one-of-a-kind shopping in the boutique-style gift shop. I chose to order room service and stay inside the hotel the first night/day, simply enjoying the peacefulness from my room and the sounds of the ocean. The 2nd night/day I walked over to Pike Place Market, just blocks away! The Edgewater is the premiere location for Seattle sight-seeing as well as adventure, cuisine and much much more. Stay here, you will not be disappointed! ~Emily

Room Tip: I believe my room was south-facing...ask for views of both the water AND The pier if you like the vi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Emily L

We're so happy to have created a memorable escape for you Emily, and we're thankful that you've taken the time to share such wonderful feedback with us. We're immensely proud of our outgoing team, and we'll certainly pass your praises along for their warm hospitality. As you noted in your review, there's much to see and explore on our property and beyond, and we'd love to share many more experiences with you in the future. Please share some of your pictures with us when you have the chance; we'd love to see the sights of your scenic stay! Many thanks again for your time and review.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed at the Edgewater hotel 10/10/2013-10/13/2013 for a wedding (off-site – not located at the Edgewater). We were in a Waterfront junior suite. This room had a king size bed and balcony containing 2 chairs and a table. The bathroom was what seems to be standard - glass bowl sink, stone-floor rain shower (no claw-foot tub in this one). There was a desk, dresser, flat-screen TV, mini-bar that was well stocked with different beers (stella, Alaskan Amber and bud light), sodas, mixers and liquor. The room also had a couple of chairs, gas fireplace and decent size closet - so plenty of seating and storage for luggage and such. So all-in-all it has what most hotels have these days. The positives: 1) obviously the view is amazing. The balcony is literally perched over the water and you can see as much of the peninsula and Olympic mountains as the weather allows. It was nice to open the sliding door and smell the salt air. 2) The shower was great - I love the rain shower-head. 3) The soaps (Lather brand which I've seen recently at Hyatt hotel chains) are very nice with a clean scent - nothing too perfumed or masculine. 4) The bed was firm and comfortable for me - but I don't care for super soft, squishy mattresses. The negatives: 1) no wifi. I'm not sure how any hotel gets away with this these days - even if there is a charge, there needs to be at least an OPTION of wifi. 2) feather pillows had seen way too many uses. They were flat and nearly useless - even using 2 at a time did not help. 3) the walls were paper-thin. Not only between rooms, but being able to hear people having normal conversation from the hallway was bothersome. 4) aside from the bathroom, the hotels carpet, paint, trim, doors, furniture, and linens could use updating. All of the things I just mentioned showed considerable wear - nicks, fading, threadbare, spots. 5) the price. While having the hotel actually ON the water is not possible with any other hotel downtown, I didn't find it to be worth the more than $300/night. 6) front-desk/doormen did not offer assistance to the room when we arrived. Also notable (though not a negative because it's not the fault of the hotel), having a waterfront room means seagulls. I realize this is likely unavoidable considering the hotel location, but just be aware that they are always right outside the balcony door and usually loud. Another thing to consider - as we were with a wedding party, other couples noted that the city-side rooms included train noise throughout the night (the tracks are across the street from the hotel). While I'm from Seattle and the following things aren't necessarily positives or negatives to me, I will note that the hotel is a very short walk to the waterfront sculpture park and next door to one of the cruise ship terminals (Bell Harbor). Seattle Center is a decent (10-20 min) walk up hill, as is pike place market. Cabs and town cars are easily accessible - the hotel also have a flat-rate town car service to the airport for $40. The hotel is valet only parking at $38/night plus tax. There is a parking garage a block or 2 away as well as hourly street parking - although both street and garage parking are a decent walk if you have luggage. All-in-all, I wouldn't stay here again. The view does not compensate for the other things that are lacking, and the price just isn't worth the view.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for being our guest and for reaching out to share your Edgewater experience with us. It's always a pleasure to be able to host local visitors, and we're glad to hear that many elements of our property were enjoyable to your stay. With that, we're sorry to hear of the shortcomings with your respective room, and we'd welcome the opportunity to be able to showcase some of those that might be better suited to your preferences. Additionally, we think you'll be pleased with our ongoing renovations in your prospective visits ahead. Please be sure to reach out the next time you need an escape or inviting "staycation"; we'd love the opportunity to host you again. Many thanks again for your time and review.