The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
US$319
US$219
Priceline
4,077 results
All reviewswaterfront roomwater viewbeatles suitegas fireplacetrain noiseclaw foot tubcruise shipcity viewteddy bearvictoria clipperspace needlepuget soundelliot baywater frontseattle waterfrontbeautiful hotelvalet parking
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is an old hotel....very old and it's real age is barely concealed beneath its kitschy exterior. There are lots of things that need attention such as the elevator frame..things are dirty and chipped. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why I booked this place as it is obviously not my kinda place. I'm a Westin/Hilton/Four Seasons sort of guest. I think I might have gotten sucked in by the "luxury by the water" tag line. I agree it's indeed by, even "on", the water, but unless 1960s "tree" fashion is your definition of luxury...luxury it ain't. So, please take this review for what it is...part my mistake and part over-the-hype hotel mistake.

We stayed in some sort of junior suite...it was barely the size of an average Westin room. It had a beautiful water side balcony. It also had these bizarre double sliding doors leading to the washroom...with no handles...you literally clawed them open and closed. Oh and this trend I see even in newer places to included translucent panels on bathroom doors...I don't get it, but this hotel seems to...as there they were.

We saw the presidential suite...entirely unfit for the president of anything...large, yes, but one bathroom, cheesy tree designs, odd layout. Not worth the purported $2K a night, ever. No luxury touches at all...really just a big poorly designed space.

The gas fireplace is nice...until you turn it in for five minutes...then you must turn it off. It has no thermostat so you boil. Another design fail in a place resplendent with them.

Beds, linens and pillows were awesome. No issues with the cleaning staff at all. We had an overflowing toilet and engineering was there in a flash....complete with restaurant recommendations! In fact, every staff member was excellent and friendly, if a bit low brow. The valet attendees literally ran to get our car each and every time.

There is no concierge...luxury hotel, uh, no. No one had any real idea of where to eat...except the server we had int he hotel restaurant. Managed to find our own places, but I really miss someone who has more than a pre typed list upon which to "recommend" places.

Parking...mandatory valet at $38 plus tax a night. The lot is 20 feet from the door and need not be valet. Im usually happy to use valet but don't force me? This is a blatant, poorly thought out money grab and itself would ensure I'd never be back. Maybe that's why the place seemed so empty.

The restaurant is staid and safe (boring). The food was well prepared, but was standard, not inexpensive fare. No extensive use of local product...which for Seattle is inexcusable at those prices.

The rooms are noisy...I don't just mean from the outside.. The HVAC system is incredibly loud. The train running nearby is very loud even on the water side. This affected my sleep.....especially the HVAC

The gift shop was excellent. The Internet was flaky..decent speed most times..or none at all. At least it was included...I think!

When I compare the experience to one at Hotel1000 or other places, this is not worth the money. The water view and staff are excellent, but this hotel offers nothing for the money.

Well past what I'm guessing was its prime 30 years ago. It needs an extensive redesign...an entire rethink...to approach luxury. The views only take you so far.

Room Tip: I can't imagine staying on the non water side...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aroundth
Troy B, Manager at The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

We're glad to have had you as our recent guest, and we're sorry that the experience fell short of your expectation. We take immense pride in the dedicated services of our team, and we're happy that their outgoing efforts were memorable elements of your stay. With that, we're disheartened to hear of the many shortcomings associated with your respective visit, and we'd welcome the opportunity to discuss any lingering concerns you might have. Guest feedback like yours enables us to evolve and grow, and its invaluable to our operations. We appreciate you lending us your time and review, and we wish you all our best in your travels to come.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I travel to Seattle fairly often on business and always stay at the edge water. The location, staff, views, and service have always been excellent. Additionally, the rooms are always well-appointed and being a Seattle native (now in NYC) I enjoy the NW touches that make me feel at home again. Additionally, I feel the value of the price compared to the rooms is always good - I love being on the waterfront and having sunset views without having to break the bank on the expense account.

Room Tip: choose water view rooms in order to avoid noise from the trains.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank scottknyc

We're so happy to have you as a regular and loyal guest of The Edgewater, Scott, and it's a pleasure to be able to provide you with those touches of Northwest that make you feel at home. We look forward to seeing much more of you in your travels ahead, and we hope that you'll reach out to our team again soon. Many thanks again, and all our best for the new year!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I found this hotel to be perfect for what I was looking for from Seattle. You are right on the water and I absolutely enjoyed being that close to the ocean. It is a close walk to Pikes Place. We were staying for a Seahawks game and it was still close enough to walk to the Stadium, for us. It did not feel like you were right in the middle of everything but was great for walking to and from Pike Place and other locations. Very appropriately decorated in a West Coast theme, and felt like a lodge setting. I really liked the room I was in (facing the city) and I am sure the ocean side rooms are that much better. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

We're so glad to have been able to share in your recent Seattle experience, and we're happy to hear that your visit was an all around enjoyable one. We'd love to be able to host you again and to share in even more of our many offerings, and we hope that you'll reach out to our team as your stage return travels to the region. Thanks again for being a guest of The Edgewater; we're so appreciative of your feedback!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Edgewater is at Pier 67, on the north end of downtown Seattle and, appropriately enought, at the edge of Elliot Bay. It lies on Alaskan Way, which is the waterfront street, filled wwith walkerss tourists, restaurants and attractions. It's 1.6 miles to the stadiums, so it's walkable. The hotel also provides an hourly downtown shuttle which will take you near the ballparks. The rooms are large and comfortable. Each has a gas fireplace, though ours didn't work (or at least didn't come on when prompted). The lobby is nice. The $38 valet parking is pricey, but unfortunately, not out of line with other downtown hotels. If you stay overnight on a Sunday, you can park on the street for free until 8am Monday morning (at least for now -- there seem to be some parking changes underway).

The Edgewater tends to come up on Priceline around the holidays at very good prices.

Room Tip: "Cityview" rooms are less expensive, but they are really "parking lot view" rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We're so happy to hear that your recent visit to our property was an enjoyable one, and we thank you for taking the time to share such kind feedback with us. We're glad that our property and its proximity to the region's finest offerings lent ease to your explorations, and we look forward to sharing even more of our site and services with you in travels to come. Please be sure to reach out to our team the next time you're in the area; we'd love to host you again soon!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Fog on the water in the morning and great views of the ferry leaving for the islands all day.Fireplace's cozy and wires wonderful.All staff and meals wonderful.Other travelers seem to take time to talk or just visit. Maybe that's the season but appreciated.Hope to be home so I can send updates on Norway, Flam railway, Bergen etc.

Room Tip: Ocean side rooms if possible
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

We're so glad to have been able to share our site and services with you this holiday season, Chris, and we thank you for taking the time to capture your experience so fondly. It's a pleasure to be able to lend the inviting warmth and comforts of The Edgewater with you, and we hope that you'll reach out to us again and again to partake in even more of our site and services. Many thanks again for your stay and kind words.