“Best View in Seattle”

Ranked #39 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Pleasanton
“Best View in Seattle”
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We stayed for just one night before a ferry trip to Victoria. We looked at three rooms before we finally settled on one with an amazing view of Elliot Bay out to Bainbridge. We watched the classic boats leave the harbor, saw jellyfish swimming under our window and waved to the cruise ship travellers. Wine list was decent, service for bar/appetizers was a bit slow, we moved to the bar. Service at the front desk was terrific, they held our luggage until check-in, remembered my husband's birthday (I wasn't even aware I'd mentioned it when making the reservation) and remained very patient while we "room shopped" before check in. We used their shuttle service, no need for a car. Perfect location for our needs, just walk to Pike's, downtown, etc. I left a favorite sweater in the closet and realized it two days later. They found it, wrapped it and kept it at the front desk until we came back through town. We love the Edgewater and hope to stay there again someday.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,438)
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 7 July 2009

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Edgewater (got a great deal on priceline like most people do for this hotel!). I was expecting the worst after reading the reviews, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! Check-in was efficient (not super friendly, but not unfriendly) and our room was on the ground floor. Asides from being on the ground floor, the room was lovely, very nicely appointed, spacious and the bathroom was gorgeous. Lovely and modern and large. The hotel also has a lovely restaurant built over the water. As for the location, I would call this edge of Belltown, and its a bit of a walk to the main area where the shops and restaurants are, but we love to walk so we didnt mind. Also, there are lots of great restaurants in Belltown, just a couple of blocks away from the hotel. You must try the Macrina Cafe for breakfast one day, divine!
As for parking, do not pay for the hotels outrageously priced valet, simply park your car in the Diamond parking lot two short blocks away at Vine and Elliot, half the price!
The overall value of the hotel is great if you get the right price! We paid $75 us per night. I agree with other reviewers that if I had paid the rack rate of $200+ I would be extremely disappointed, but for $75 I was quite happy.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
orinda, ca
Reviewed 26 June 2009

would never stay anywhere else in seattle. last trip, with 120 lb, chesapeake bay retriever, was a joy. very dog friendly. view from room of ferry traffic on elliot bay enchanting. you are actually over the water. room service excellent. free valet parking with some online offers. easy walk to the new sculpture park. nice in-house restaurant. room adequate, but not spectacular. go for the view, location, and ambience. take your dog.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Gilman, Illinois
Reviewed 25 June 2009

What a great place to stay. I loved the rooms and the bathroom & shower were great. Very clean and the staff was extremely helpful. All we had to do was go the the front desk and ask to be taken somewhere and it happened. We spent three days and didn't have to rent a car. Great views, fireplace in the room, very comfortable and really clean. The Beatles stayed here on their tour back in the day and you can stay in that room if you ask for it. the lounge over looks the bay and is a great place to unwind. It's a short walk to the Public Market. I will definitely stay at the Edgewater Hotel again.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 1 June 2009

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for during our 4 night stay. We decided to upgrade to a waterfront room and we were not disappointed! I love the cozy sitting room beside the front desk area, and the very chill bar/restaurant within the hotel. The room itself has a plush 4 post and beam bed, desk, fireplace and tiled bathroom, also a balcony overlooking the water. The front desk and concierge were very helpful. They picked up everytime we called. The one negative is the daily valet fee if you have a vehicle. Overall, it was a wonderful stay. We were close to everything!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 31 May 2009

All I can say is the front desk staff - (Thomasina or something) - she was the worst I have seen in awhile. You can give some leeway to age, etc., but outside of that - she was so rude. Ugh. The hotel was OK , it really only has the location going for it.
Also, as I was looking around the hotel there was a sales person and a manager arguing in the gift shop. Classy.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank mauilover0916
London
Reviewed 18 May 2009

The view is gorgeous!! The rooms are pretty good, a bit small but with enough space. Very well located and minutes away from nice restaurants and downtown. A bit noisy due the location

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business